Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

Patriots caught resetting game clock to avoid delay of game?

This happens all the time. The refs don't have a TV feed, there's a game clock in the stadium they use and it's seperate from the one fans see (digital thru TV feed), it's not 100% accurate. If the game clock in the stadium gets stopped that doesn't mean the digital one stops, you have to manually stop it and then re-set / adjust it again because it'll most likely be off by a few seconds. Those digital ones are off a lot of times.

But obviously the same could still happen with the game clocks in the stadiums (and I'm sure it has), because it's run by the home team. How stupid is that? The NFL has some of the dumbest rules in football. These idiots make billions of dollars with this product and they can't afford to pay some dude (official) who is not biased to handle the game clock? Like one guy for each game? It's gotta be the home team, a fat, beer drinking fanatic who is biased as hell? Yeah, let HIM decide, let HIM control the clock. That'll work out just fine of course, no worries there. Same with the footballs. Hand the two damn teams 12 footballs each. Why the hell would you let them pick their own footballs. With these type of "rules" you're just ASKING people to cheat. The NFL is being run by a bunch of imbeciles.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This happens all the time. The refs don't have a TV feed, there's a game clock in the stadium they use and it's seperate from the one fans see (digital thru TV feed), it's not 100% accurate. If the game clock in the stadium gets stopped that doesn't mean the digital one stops, you have to manually stop it and then re-set / adjust it again because it'll most likely be off by a few seconds. Those digital ones are off a lot of times.

But obviously the same could still happen with the game clocks in the stadiums (and I'm sure it has), because it's run by the home team. How stupid is that? The NFL has some of the dumbest rules in football. These idiots make billions of dollars with this product and they can't afford to pay some dude (official) who is not biased to handle the game clock? Like one guy for each game? It's gotta be the home team, a fat, beer drinking fanatic who is biased as hell? Yeah, let HIM decide, let HIM control the clock. That'll work out just fine of course, no worries there. Same with the footballs. Hand the two damn teams 12 footballs each. Why the hell would you let them pick their own footballs. With these type of "rules" you're just ASKING people to cheat. The NFL is being run by a bunch of imbeciles.

I thought it might be something like that, and then thought of something else. To me, it looks like the Patriots** are up to their tricks. They had a lineman report as an eligible receiver. I'm not sure if that falls under an administrative stoppage, but the play clock is set to 25 seconds after an administrative stoppage. Pretty sure though that I have never seen it before.

Oh, you're still at it, eh?

Your trolling / posting volume since Monday has been exponentially higher than I've seen from you here on JN, or anywhere, in years. Tells me all I need to know about how damaging this has been to Pats fans, even the fake ones that have had to google who Steve Grogan is just to sound legit on the interwebz.

I've got several Pats fan friends. They're all up in arms like someone who's about to watch their home get foreclosed upon. They know that everything they once crowed about in the Belichick era is set to be disqualified like every one of Barry Bonds' home runs.

I've got several Pats fan friends. They're all up in arms like someone who's about to watch their home get foreclosed upon. They know that everything they once crowed about in the Belichick era is set to be disqualified like every one of Barry Bonds' home runs.

I live up here, as you know, and so far the people I know are remorseful. The biggest thing to them is having to have to tell their kids why the team they root for cheats. I've had a couple people with misinformed sticking points that I had to explain realities to, but they were receptive and acknowledge that the radio stations have obfuscated a lot of facts.

Only the baboons that call radio shows and internet pats fans are digging their heels in to denial.

I live up here, as you know, and so far the people I know are remorseful. The biggest thing to them is having to have to tell their kids why the team they root for cheats. I've had a couple people with misinformed sticking points that I had to explain realities to, but they were receptive and acknowledge that the radio stations have obfuscated a lot of facts.

Only the baboons that call radio shows and internet pats fans are digging their heels in to denial.

bottom line, unless troglodytes, the real Pats fans know smoke fire and realize w/Colts balls perfect that their team cheated. I dont blame them for defending team, but I also know, in their heart/mind they realize they cheated and probably are embarrassed. 

Arguing with the cousin again huh?

I live in NE too. I agree with TS that they are up in arms acting like everyone is out to knock them down because of their success. Funny but I don't ever recall people accusing the Cowboys of the 90's, or 49ers of the 80's of cheating. That's usually when  they bring up Mike Vick and his arrest record. Funny coming from a team that two seasons ago employed a serial killer.

Monday and still nothing. It would be kind of hilarious if Goodell just waited this out, no press conference or anything, and just let it fizzle out once the Super Bowl is over.

The NFL Will Conclude Belichick And Brady Did Not Cheat

16px_on_transparent.gif

I believe that the NFL will conclude its investigation into the deflated footballs used by the New England Patriots during their AFC Championship game against the Indianapolis Colts that neither head coach Bill Belichick nor quarterback Tom Brady deliberately did anything to deflate the footballs below the league limit of 12.5 pounds per square inch.

In other words, that when it comes to cheating, what Belichick and Brady have said during their press conferences is the truth.

It is not unusual for quarterbacks to have footballs worked over before games to get them they way they like. In an interview with the Tampa Bay Times in 2012, former Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Brad Johnson said that before Super Bowl XXXVII in 2003, he paid some unidentified people $7,500 to doctor the 100 footballs allocated for use in that game. Johnson didn’t say that he had the air pressure altered; he said that he had the balls scuffed, which wasn’t legal at the time but is now. And during a CBS CBS broadcast of this season’s matchup between the Green Bay Packers and New England on Nov. 30, announcer Phil Simms said Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers preferred footballs that were inflated slightly beyond the specified limit. Every team tampers with the footballs,” Matt Leinart said on Twitter.  “Ask any Qb In the league, this is ridiculous!!”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2015/01/25/the-nfl-will-conclude-belichick-and-brady-did-not-cheat/

The NFL Will Conclude Belichick And Brady Did Not Cheat

16px_on_transparent.gif

I believe that the NFL will conclude its investigation into the deflated footballs used by the New England Patriots during their AFC Championship game against the Indianapolis Colts that neither head coach Bill Belichick nor quarterback Tom Brady deliberately did anything to deflate the footballs below the league limit of 12.5 pounds per square inch.

In other words, that when it comes to cheating, what Belichick and Brady have said during their press conferences is the truth.

It is not unusual for quarterbacks to have footballs worked over before games to get them they way they like. In an interview with the Tampa Bay Times in 2012, former Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Brad Johnson said that before Super Bowl XXXVII in 2003, he paid some unidentified people $7,500 to doctor the 100 footballs allocated for use in that game. Johnson didn’t say that he had the air pressure altered; he said that he had the balls scuffed, which wasn’t legal at the time but is now. And during a CBS CBS broadcast of this season’s matchup between the Green Bay Packers and New England on Nov. 30, announcer Phil Simms said Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers preferred footballs that were inflated slightly beyond the specified limit. Every team tampers with the footballs,” Matt Leinart said on Twitter.  “Ask any Qb In the league, this is ridiculous!!”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2015/01/25/the-nfl-will-conclude-belichick-and-brady-did-not-cheat/

Well if they do have video that could be different. That is proof.

The NFL Will Conclude Belichick And Brady Did Not Cheat

16px_on_transparent.gif

It is not unusual for quarterbacks to have footballs worked over before games to get them they way they like. In an interview with the Tampa Bay Times in 2012, former Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Brad Johnson said that before Super Bowl XXXVII in 2003, he paid some unidentified people $7,500 to doctor the 100 footballs allocated for use in that game. Johnson didn’t say that he had the air pressure altered; he said that he had the balls scuffed, which wasn’t legal at the time but is now. And during a CBS CBS broadcast of this season’s matchup between the Green Bay Packers and New England on Nov. 30, announcer Phil Simms said Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers preferred footballs that were inflated slightly beyond the specified limit. Every team tampers with the footballs,” Matt Leinart said on Twitter. “Ask any Qb In the league, this is ridiculous!!”

Forbes?

Ooooobviously yoooooouu didn't go to laaaawww school.

JayGlazer

@JayGlazer

Breaking news: sources tell @FOXSports the NFL has zeroed in on a locker room attendant w Patriots who allegedly took balls from officials locker room to another area on way to field. Sources say they have interviewed him and additionally have video. Still gauging if any wrong doing occurred with him but he is strong person of interest

Interesting twist here if the NFL does have a video of a Pats attendant taking the balls to a spot before the field. The way Francesa was describing it is the NFL was doing a sting op on the Pats and wanted to catch them red handed as oppossed to reminding them off the rules.

ESPN.com news services

The NFL has zeroed in on a New England Patriots locker room attendant who allegedly took the AFC Championship Game balls from the officials' locker room to another area on the way to the field, Fox Sports reported, citing sources.

According to Fox Sports, the league has interviewed him and has video.

The league is still gauging if any wrongdoing occurred, but he is a strong person of interest, according to the report.

ESPN.com news services

The NFL has zeroed in on a New England Patriots locker room attendant who allegedly took the AFC Championship Game balls from the officials' locker room to another area on the way to the field, Fox Sports reported, citing sources.

According to Fox Sports, the league has interviewed him and has video.

The league is still gauging if any wrongdoing occurred, but he is a strong person of interest, according to the report.

Can't suspend Payton and not Belichick if this is the case. And if he doesn't than Goodell is worst than initially suspected.

JayGlazer @JayGlazer 10m

Breaking news: sources tell @FOXSports the NFL has zeroed in on a locker room attendant w Patriots who allegedly took balls from officials locker room to another area on way to field. Sources say they have interviewed him and additionally have video. Still gauging if any wrong doing occurred with him but he is strong person of interest

Apparently, they have video of a Pats locker room attendant taking the balls out of the officials room and to another area before going onto the field.

The Pats have their fall guy

This is good news because BB is still ultimately responsible.  

Roger Goodell Ripped by Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue The league's current defender of the shield is called out by those closest to him for putting finances first

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/roger-goodell-ripped-by-former-nfl-commissioner-paul-tagliabue-20150126#ixzz3PxoxPF1t

It's one thing for fans and journalists to hack away at the NFL's shield, it's another to have those who rely on it for protection to take a few whacks.

300x169-Roger_Goodell.jpg

And yet, in a new profile of embattled commissioner Roger Goodell's reign, GQ finds several folks willing to do just that – including the man who once wielded the shield, Goodell's predecessor Paul Tagliabue.

The former commish takes Goodell to task for his myopic focus on the league's financial well being, especially in a year when its image has been tarnished by myriad off-field issues and its tone-deaf response to them. And when taken within the larger context of the NFL's ongoing – and , some would say, hypocritical – dealings with player safety, traumatic brain injuries and the health of former pros, Tagliabue can understand why Goodell's attention to the bottom line (above all else) is problematic, both within the league offices and the world at-large.

"If they see you making decisions only in economic terms, they start to understand that and question what you're all about," he said. "There's a huge intangible value in peace. There's a huge intangible value in allies."

Tagliabue served as NFL commissioner from 1989-2006, and was brought in by Goodell to conduct an independent appeals hearing following the infamous "Bountygate" scandal, when Goodell levied harsh penalties on New Orleans Saints players, coaches and front-office personnel for their involvement in an alleged bounty program that rewarded big hits. In December 2012, Tagliabue published a 22-page decision that vacated those punishments, and drove a deep wedge between the two former associates.

"I talked to him after I issued the bounty decision. I explained I was doing it and why. He didn't think I would vacate all the discipline," Tagliabue said. "We haven't talked much since I left. It's been his decision. 'Bountygate' didn't help."

In addition to his focus on finance and confrontational relationship with former and current NFL players, it's Goodell's preferential treatment of team owners – some more than others – that has put him at odds with many within the game. While he came down with swift justice against the Saints (a move that reportedly so angered New Orleans owner Tom Benson he resigned from three league committees in 2013), Goodell has been slow to react to the ongoing "Deflategate" issue currently plaguing the Super Bowl-bound New England Patriots. Some see that as a direct result of his friendship with Patriots owner Robert Kraft, a member of Goodell's so-called "inner circle."

"Commissioners work for owners, and that shouldn't come as a shock to fans because it doesn't come as a shock to the players," DeMaurice Smith, executive director of the NFL Players Association, tells GQ. "We are asked to be partners when it is convenient and – more frequently – told what to do when it is not. Owners ignored players when our union was founded, and our history has been one of forcing them to recognize players' rights. That paradigm will never stop."

JayGlazer @JayGlazer 10m

So it was some rogue attendant?

So BB, Brady and the Pats are now off the hook.

Talk about making mountains out of molehills.

Archived