Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suspending anyone for the super bowl is unrealistic and will never happen....the move here is a one year suspension next year...nothing else is acceptable , nobody can convince me that what Sean Peyton did was worse , Peyton's suspension was about ignoring the commissioners orders to stop doing what they were doing it wasn't about player safety .....belichick had already been caught cheating once ( that we know of ) ..and ignored the commish the same way Peyton did....he's gotta get a year

Shannon Sharpe says if guilty, Pats should lose 1st round pick, a million bucks, Belly sit out a season.

No way that happens BTW

I think this is the right punishment , I agree with sharpe for once , but like you said it prob won't happen

I think it's fair to say we will now look at this patriots belicheat and Brady era as the McGuire and Sosa era, and everything that they have done should basically be ignored.

Best thing for the patriot fans right now, is that they clean house and try to rebuild some integrity, but virtually 0 chance with that ownership as we all know it always starts at the top. I feel bad for the real New England fan who actually cares about integrity, this has to be more crushing than the Green Bay fan loss this weekend.

*Tainted era.

All those hours...years of hard work for Tom Brady, down the tubes. **** you guys.

I wouldn't say it hinders Brady's legacy cause you still have to preform (although we know what will be said). BUT it does give anyone n everyone the right to question everything about them.

It was pretty stupid n petty as I said before if it's found to be true.

Just dumb, especially the fact the balls were removed before halftime and you came out the sec. Half and destroyed them...

Just makes a me smh.

But ehhh until further notice

"Onto Seattle"

They won't even lose that much.

My favorite (I say that with all due sarcasm) theory is that the Pats will be awarded the Jets' #6 pick for the Woody tampering comments but then lose their own #31 or #32 pick due to this scandal. They'd be "punished" by the NFL for cheating and still manage to move up 25-26 spots in the draft.

Damn, I wouldn't be surprised. This should've happened the year of spygate, but the NFL decided to take their lower pick. Again, I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm so sorry you have to sit here and defend yourself. Even Browns fans are laughing at you. W. T. F??? Such bullsh*t bro!

?? Defend myself. I have nothing to do with this. I'm fine as I said before. The actions of a sports team does not define an individual that roots for them

So anything said or done doesn't do anything to me.

I said before it's funny to me and just plain dumb.

I wouldn't say it hinders Brady's legacy cause you still have to preform (although we know what will be said). BUT it does give anyone n everyone the right to question everything about them.

It was pretty stupid n petty as I said before if it's found to be true.

Just dumb, especially the fact the balls were removed before halftime and you came out the sec. Half and destroyed them...

Just makes a me smh.

But ehhh until further notice

"Onto Seattle"

Good luck! I hope this doesn't tarnish Brady's legacy! Although it appears to be heading in that direction. Dammit.

good POV!

Thk u.

Watch when the smoke clears it will be the same. The fans who hate the pats will still hate the pats..The media n analysis will just make fun of it. But he will still go into the hall of fame and their success will still be their success.

Remember how bountygate was, or m.vick w the dog scandal and countless other drama in the NFL?? (Seahawks having a host of players using PEDs) I think that was what they used.

Is anyone hating Sean Payton or drew brees? And that team was paying each other to hurt other players..like wtf!?!?.

If found to be true they will get punished BUT it will never be enough for those that hate them and they will just stay angry.

The press is turning on NE.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/01/21/how-the-new-england-patriots-became-the-nfls-least-trusted-team/

"No team in the NFL is given less benefit of the doubt than the New England Patriots. Retired players still fume over long-past Super Bowls they claim the Patriots won through acts of duplicity. Football stalwarts dream up nicknames for coach Bill Belichick, who will soon lead the Patriots into another Super Bowl  — “Belicheat,” Don Shula calls him. And big time columnists continue to plunk down voluminous dispatches that enumerate the Patriots’ many alleged transgressions.

These are the New England Patriots: the NFL’s least-trusted team.

It now appears that designation is more warranted than ever. On Tuesday night, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, long the NFL’s go-to writer for scoops,reported the NFL determined that 11 of the 12 balls the Patriots used during Sunday’s beat down of the Indianapolis Colts were suspiciously deflated, raising questions as to how that happened and whether the Patriots had an unfair competitive advantage.

One individual told Mortensen that the league, which spent a good amount of Tuesday looking into the matter, was “disappointed … angry … distraught.”

I have an idea!!!

Why don't we all pretend that we are Patriots fans and instead of using all the same old "he's a scumbag" "Pats Cheat" the  stuff we've all been saying about them for years now, why don't we put down replies DEFENDING the insignificance of these latest unsubstantiated rumours and accusations?

I'll start;

The Patriots under Tom Brady don't NEED to cheat

Tom Brady’s regular-season record vs. NFL teams

Atlanta Falcons: 4-0

Chicago Bears: 4-0

Jacksonville Jaguars: 4-0

Minnesota Vikings: 4-0

Philadelphia Eagles: 3-0

Dallas Cowboys: 3-0

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 3-0

Buffalo Bills: 23-2

Baltimore Ravens: 5-1

Cincinnati Bengals: 5-1

Cleveland Browns: 5-1

Houston Texans: 4-1

Tennessee Titans: 4-1

New York Jets: 19-6

Detroit Lions: 3-1

Oakland Raiders: 3-1

New Orleans Saints: 3-1

Indianapolis Colts: 8-3

Pittsburgh Steelers: 5-2

Miami Dolphins: 17-8

Kansas City Chiefs: 4-2

San Diego Chargers: 4-2

Washington Redskins: 2-1

St. Louis Rams: 2-1

New York Giants: 2-1

Green Bay Packers: 2-1

Denver Broncos: 5-5

Carolina Panthers: 2-2

Arizona Cardinals: 1-1

San Francisco 49ers: 1-1

Seattle Seahawks: 1-1

"Defective pump," "honest mistake by an untrained equipment manager," "a low level employee acting alone," "if we did it on purpose it would have been 12 of 12," "Tom likes to warm up with a underinflated ball, it was accidentally placed in the game bag."

if there is one thing patriots are as good at as cheating, it is excuse-making.

I have an idea!!!

Why don't we all pretend that we are Patriots fans and instead of using all the same old "he's a scumbag" "Pats Cheat" the  stuff we've all been saying about them for years now, why don't we put down replies DEFENDING the insignificance of these latest unsubstantiated rumours and accusations?

I'll start;

The Patriots under Tom Brady don't NEED to cheat

Tom Brady’s regular-season record vs. NFL teams

Atlanta Falcons: 4-0

Chicago Bears: 4-0

Jacksonville Jaguars: 4-0

Minnesota Vikings: 4-0

Philadelphia Eagles: 3-0

Dallas Cowboys: 3-0

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 3-0

Buffalo Bills: 23-2

Baltimore Ravens: 5-1

Cincinnati Bengals: 5-1

Cleveland Browns: 5-1

Houston Texans: 4-1

Tennessee Titans: 4-1

New York Jets: 19-6

Detroit Lions: 3-1

Oakland Raiders: 3-1

New Orleans Saints: 3-1

Indianapolis Colts: 8-3

Pittsburgh Steelers: 5-2

Miami Dolphins: 17-8

Kansas City Chiefs: 4-2

San Diego Chargers: 4-2

Washington Redskins: 2-1

St. Louis Rams: 2-1

New York Giants: 2-1

Green Bay Packers: 2-1

Denver Broncos: 5-5

Carolina Panthers: 2-2

Arizona Cardinals: 1-1

San Francisco 49ers: 1-1

Seattle Seahawks: 1-1

Sorry - that one one won't work.  If you are a cheater all results must be questioned.  What would the CHEATERS records be without cheating?

Here's a few of the replies to a musician friends' post on the subject yesterday over on Facebook 

Theresa DeRoy The Colt's are Sore Losers & I am sure one of them Deflated Balls & then Reported it ! Its A Set up ! LOSERS !!!!!

Lynn Zemaitis Exactly! Plus....how do deflated balls account for the fact that the colts couldn't figure out how to line up, or that Blount ran through them like they weren't even there. Jeeze.

Bill DeForge Also, could people STFU about "spygate" and the "tuck rule" already?!

Anthony LoMonaco Give the Colts two touchdowns and take away two Patriot touchdowns for the violation. What's that? Patriots still win? Okay case closed.

George DeStratis the hell with em all 
just seen. it on the news. .eithet wsy we smoked em no one can prove sh*t and cpld does affect air in balls tires ect .so lets all bask in our glory we have the greatest QB And coach in history. i guess there trying too piss us off 
let em Seattle will b embarrassed. cause patriots. wiill come out with a vengeance too prove a point. POOR SEATTLE

Thk u.

Watch when the smoke clears it will be the same. The fans who hate the pats will still hate the pats..The media n analysis will just make fun of it. But he will still go into the hall of fame and their success will still be their success.

Remember how bountygate was, or m.vick w the dog scandal and countless other drama in the NFL?? (Seahawks having a host of players using PEDs) I think that was what they used.

Is anyone hating Sean Payton or drew brees? And that team was paying each other to hurt other players..like wtf!?!?.

If found to be true they will get punished BUT it will never be enough for those that hate them and they will just stay angry.

I don't know, this is bad. Maybe unfair but bad.

I think it's fair to say we will now look at this patriots belicheat and Brady era as the McGuire and Sosa era, and everything that they have done should basically be ignored.

Best thing for the patriot fans right now, is that they clean house and try to rebuild some integrity, but virtually 0 chance with that ownership as we all know it always starts at the top. I feel bad for the real New England fan who actually cares about integrity, this has to be more crushing than the Green Bay fan loss this weekend.

*Tainted era.

Ahem...http://forums.jetnation.com/topic

Michael David Smith ‏@MichaelDavSmith  1h1 hour ago

All of the networks are making #DeflateGate a major story. This is mainstream news, not just something NFL junkies are obsessed about.

If this was the first time they've been accused of anything, I don't think it's a big deal.

The fact that they've created a culture of bending the rules and straight cheating makes it national news.

**** them.

The bigger this story gets, and its getting bigger, the bigger punishment and embarrassment. Wait until these guys get asked about this during media day. This story will not die before the super bowl. 

Even Pats loves like Mike and Mike are talking about it all morning.

User Actions
  Follow
uW6mEHTg_bigger.jpegJerry RiceVerified account@JerryRice

11 of 12 balls under-inflated can anyone spell cheating!!! #Just Saying

Total speculation here:

To me, the 12th ball at normal pressure feels like a case of "keep one legit so if the refs start getting suspicious we can put that one in" to me, which only makes this worse. 

Back to our regularly scheduled biased opinion...

I heard some talking heads on the radio this morning trying to paint around this with comments like "if it was so bad, why didn't the refs notice it sooner" and "Aaron Rodgers said he likes the balls overinflated so how could this be that much of an advantage".  Typical duck and cover broadcasting.  They were then trying to liken it to something similar in baseball but completely (IMO) missed the obvious one.  Corked bats.  In both cases, official game equipment has been modified in a way supposedly to give one side an advantage (I'm ignoring pine tar for that reason...it doesn't even help the batter...just keeps balls clean).  In MLB, corked bats result in suspensions.  Not next season, but immediately.  NFL is not MLB but if you are looking for parallels, that's a good place to start.

All of the networks are making #DeflateGate a major story. This is mainstream news, not just something NFL junkies are obsessed about.

Yep, it's amongst the top stories on both FOX and CNN Websites.

Pats Fans might want to dismiss it, but it's seemingly getting a massive push by the mainstream media.

Bellichek and Co. will likely finish up their careers as both the greatest Coach/QB Combo ever.......and as well documented cheaters a la Phil Niekro the HOF Cheater/Pitcher.

Archived