Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Each pin was inserted for two seconds he explains it in the article.

Looked very consistent to me but you have to assume that after 7-8 years of experience that the actual Pats technique is probably more polished at this point.

No the pats are going to go down as the greatest football dynasty ever this Sunday when they beat Seattle and win their 4th SB

100% true.  If you never leave New England.  Rest of the world will look at it no different than any other cheat.  Good thing mom no longer lets you stay out past dark so you are all set.

100% true.  If you never leave New England.  Rest of the world will look at it no different than any other cheat.  Good thing mom no longer lets you stay out past dark so you are all set.

Your just a jealous ny fan of the jets and Yankees. Mitchell report had no significant Red Sox of note on it meanwhile Derek Jeter did steroids. Nothing Belichick does ones close to Rivera and Aroiddoing roids

Your just a jealous ny fan of the jets and Yankees. Mitchell report had no significant Red Sox of note on it meanwhile Derek Jeter did steroids. Nothing Belichick does ones close to Rivera and Aroiddoing roids

Im actually a jealous NFL fan.  Been watching since the early 70's,  Disgusted that it's slowly becoming worse than boxing.  I miss it when it actually still had integrity and deserve the innocent admiration of young boys every where. now its a ******* sham.  Thanks for that.  

Are you guilty of speeding if you don't get a ticket?

Pats did nothing wrong unless they are found guilty.

Seriously, I know you don't believe that.

All the unsolved crimes really have no perpetrators?

For all the missing children in the world, there's really no one to blame?

For those SS guards who got away - no blame?

I understand that my examples are extreme and really are not remotely equivalent to a "Sport", but I believe a principle remains  ..  You can be guilty of wrongdoing without being arrested - charged - convicted - found by the authorities.

Guilt·y ˈɡiltē/
adjective

1. culpable of or responsible for a specified wrongdoing.
    "the police will soon discover who the guilty party is" 
    synonyms: culpable, to blame, at fault, in the wrong, blameworthyresponsible;

Then little whinny-ass teams like the Ravens and Colts shouldn't be making false accusations when they always get their ass kicked by the Patriots.

What's great about the Pats cheating is its ruining being in the Super Bowl for "fans" like you. All you care about is defending that disgraced POS franchise on our board.  Kind of sad and pathetic for you, but great for us!!

Then little whinny-ass teams like the Ravens and Colts shouldn't be making false accusations when they always get their ass kicked by the Patriots.

Just because you sweep the dirt under the rug it doesn't mean the floor is clean.  Just means somebody doesn;t want you to see the dirt.  

I can not find any other source that confirms this.  However, I did find this:  Q: Any chance Walt Anderson didn’t stick a pressure gauge in each of the 24 or 36 footballs? Maybe he just did the squeeze test?

JD: “They have a gauge and they have to check every football. It’s usually given to the youngest or newest member of the crew — it’s almost like a rite of passage into the NFL. During the playoffs, it’s usually an alternate official, so it’s a veteran official that does it. I would not even question whether they did or not. It’s just something you do, like putting your pants on or getting ready for the game.”  http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/01/24/expert-explains-protocol-with-nfl-game-balls/fCtQ38pBjBFXId0WJC2wpL/story.html

If this is true then WTF!

BOSTON — Referees approved the footballs used by the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship game, even though they were under the NFL’s allowable PSI prior to the game, CBS Boston reports.
According to CBS Boston, sources said referees approved 12 game footballs prior to the game, and the under inflated footballs were perhaps not inspected properly.
From CBS Boston reporter:

One thing that has been reported this last week, as we’ve been learning about how footballs are treated before a game is that before every game, a referee measured with a pressure gauge each football to see if the pressure in each one is between 12.5 and 13.5 PSI.
But that apparently isn’t always the case. As a matter of fact, from what I’ve been told, many times the refs don’t test the pressure of each ball with a gauge at all. Sometimes refs hold the ball, squeeze it, briefly inspect it, then sign off on it. Next ball. It’s never been a problem before. This is apparently a well known fact in the NFL.
 Now according to my sources, The Patriots turned in their footballs to the ref at a pressure just below the allowable PSI.
If it’s a situation where the refs DID use a gauge, the refs would see the balls were under inflated, and inflate them to the proper size. But in this case, the balls were approved and given back to the Patriots under-inflated.
Thus, the under-inflated balls. The Patriots, according to my sources, played with league approved deflated balls.

This is just the latest turn in the bizarre saga of Deflate-gate.
On Monday, the NFL reportedly interviewed a locker-room attendant who may have had contact with the footballs after they were handled by the refs.

http://q13fox.com/2015/01/27/report-under-inflated-balls-were-approved-by-refs-prior-to-afc-championship-game/

Im actually a jealous NFL fan.  Been watching since the early 70's,  Disgusted that it's slowly becoming worse than boxing.  I miss it when it actually still had integrity and deserve the innocent admiration of young boys every where. now its a ******* sham.  Thanks for that.

Roger Goodell is doing a terrific job as nfl commissioner.

Ya so because he isnt the worst ever, he gets a pass. "Hey this whole Pol Pot genocide thing is overblown. Nothing he did came close to Stalin or Hitler"

LOng Times magazine article about Brady.A lot here, most of it nonsense, but one part jumps out about his trainer of whate ver this guy is. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/01/magazine/tom-brady-cannot-stop.html?hpw&rref=magazine&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well&_r=0

Brady's guru reeks of PED use.Welker's got scramlbed eggs for brains and Adderall for brekfast, Seau's dead. And Brady's got some  whack job in a shopping mall pretending to be the Great Gazoo. 

"Brady has suffered only one major injury in his career — an anterior-cruciate-ligament tear during the season opener in 2008 that caused him to miss the rest of the year — and has grown accustomed to dealing with problematic muscles with Guerrero’s help. After the strain in practice, Brady hobbled up to Guerrero, who felt around the injured area and isolated the site of the trauma. He went to work stimulating the area with his hands to flush out the excess blood and lymph that build up around an injury. When damaged, muscles naturally constrict, bundle up and eventually harden. This is part of the healing process, but a slow one. Guerrero worked to “re-educate” the muscles in the affected area so they would not, in a sense, behave as if they had been injured. To an untrained observer, these maneuvers resemble a series of massage techniques, but Brady does not like the term “massage,” because he believes that it sells short the awesomeness of what Guerrero does. “It’s like giving a chef flour and eggs and saying, ‘O.K., we’ll make biscuits,' ” he says. “Well, sure, everyone is going to make them different. But Alex is perfect at it.” Brady missed only one day of practice after the calf injury.

“Body work” is Guerrero’s preferred term for his massagelike “technique.” Brady had raved to me about Guerrero when we met in New York. He told me they had started a business together, called TB12, that would institutionalize Guerrero’s technique. The business is in a shopping center behind the Patriots’ home field, Gillette Stadium, but it is hard to describe what exactly TB12 is — not a gym, not a group practice of personal trainers, not a nutrition or massage-therapy center. Whenever I asked Brady and Guerrero to define TB12, they would talk of things like “re-educating muscles” and “prehab” (preventing injuries, rather than dealing with them after they happen). Inevitably, they would come around to the word “lifestyle.” (“Everyone thinks I’m a kook and a charlatan,” Guerrero says, referring to how some traditional trainers view him.)

Brady met Guerrero through his former teammate Willie McGinest. After the 2006 season, Brady was suffering from pain in his groin. “I had this adductor muscle that was pulling so tight, and it was pulling on the tendon,” Brady says. The team, he says, recommended surgery in the off-­season that involved cutting the tendon to relieve pain. This is a common procedure around football, Brady says. Guerrero told him not to do it. He invited Brady to California, where he was living at the time. Guerrero put Brady through workouts designed to “lengthen” and “re-educate” the muscle so the tendon did not have to work as hard; Brady says his pain was gone in a matter of days.

Guerrero, 49, is a practicing Mormon of Argentine descent with a master’s degree in Chinese medicine from a college in Los Angeles. His philosophy is built on three components: “We work on staying physically fit, emotionally stable and spiritually sound,” he says. He can sound somewhat Stuart Smalley-like in his mantras. Guerrero shares with me a saying that he and Brady invoke a lot: “Where your concentration goes, your energy flows and that’s what grows.”

Brady is always telling his teammates to see Guerrero. Many do, with varying levels of commitment. The former Patriots receiver Wes Welker, Brady’s close friend, was a disciple, as is the current receiver Julian Edelman. The linebacker Junior Seau finished his career in New England, where he worked with Guerrero; Brady says Seau nicknamed Guerrero “Mr. Miyagi.”

“Willie used to be the big Alex evangelist,” Brady says, referring to McGinest. “Now I’m the evangelist.” It can be a tricky part to play with teammates. The Patriots have their own training, conditioning and medical program. When I asked Guerrero if the conventional philosophies that govern training and treatment in the N.F.L. ever clash with what he is doing, he said, “Most of the time.” I put the same question to the Patriots’ owner, Robert Kraft. “It doesn’t come without its challenges,” Kraft replied. “But we have a coach that’s accepting, and we have the leader of the franchise who’s driving it.”

Brady and Guerrero emphasize that the player has the final say over his own training and treatment decisions. Of course, it’s easier to defy the wishes of your team when you’re Tom Brady and not a rookie. Brady gets this. But he feels responsibility now, as a veteran, and speaks of spreading the Tao of Alex in terms of helping people. He shares with me a word he learned in Sanskrit, “mudita.” “It’s like, fulfillment in seeing other people fulfilled,” Brady says."

Patriots fans thinking that the league has to find smoking gun type proof of these allegations need to think again. As I've been saying all along, the case will be judged more similarly to a civil case than a criminal case.

Low standard of proof applies to #DeflateGate

Posted by Mike Florio on January 27, 2015, 7:57 PM EST

It’s still not known what the NFL specifically has found, or will find, in the #DeflateGate investigation. It is known that, when the time comes to assess the evidence, a low threshold will determine the outcome.

Per a league source, the “preponderance of the evidence” standard applies in cases involving allegations of conduct that undermines the integrity of the game. That comes from the league policy manual given to every team.

It’s the standard that applies in civil litigation, a “more-likely-than-not” assessment of the proof that equates to, essentially, a 51-49 test far less stringent than proof beyond a reasonable doubt, which applies in criminal cases.

Although Patriots owner Robert Kraft has insisted on “hard facts as opposed to circumstantial leaked evidence to drive the conclusion of this investigation,” circumstantial evidence could be sufficient to overcome any legal standard — especially a low one like “preponderance of the evidence.”

Depending on the full extent of the evidence obtained during the ongoing investigation, that could be bad news for the Patriots.

Patriots fans thinking that the league has to find smoking gun type proof of these allegations need to think again. As I've been saying all along, the case will be judged more similarly to a civil case than a criminal case.

It’s still not known what the NFL specifically has found, or will find, in the #DeflateGate investigation. It is known that, when the time comes to assess the evidence, a low threshold will determine the outcome.

Per a league source, the “preponderance of the evidence” standard applies in cases involving allegations of conduct that undermines the integrity of the game. That comes from the league policy manual given to every team.

It’s the standard that applies in civil litigation, a “more-likely-than-not” assessment of the proof that equates to, essentially, a 51-49 test far less stringent than proof beyond a reasonable doubt, which applies in criminal cases.

Although Patriots owner Robert Kraft has insisted on “hard facts as opposed to circumstantial leaked evidence to drive the conclusion of this investigation,” circumstantial evidence could be sufficient to overcome any legal standard — especially a low one like “preponderance of the evidence.”

Depending on the full extent of the evidence obtained during the ongoing investigation, that could be bad news for the Patriots.

No way can that be true!  Tx says there must be a smoking gun.

Did you just compare 2 pounds of PSI to genocide?

Jets fans are hilarious.

It's called an analogy. Example:

Fruit: Banana

as

Murderer:John Wayne Gacy

Only a dim bulb would say the author of the above is comparing a banana to John Wayne Gacy. I think I now know why the balls were under inflated lower than 12. No one in Boston can count past ten with their shoes on.

patriots fans have been talking like they need to have the same level of guilty beyond a reasonable doubt that jurors would be looking for in a death penalty case

It's called an analogy. Example:

Fruit: Banana

as

Murderer:John Wayne Gacy

Only a dim bulb would say the author of the above is comparing a banana to John Wayne Gacy. I think I now know why the balls were under inflated lower than 12. No one in Boston can count past ten with their shoes on.

we are talking about a guy who has 18k+ posts on this jets message board alone. iirc he had close to 30k when I left JI, and likely has many many posts on any other jets message boards you can find. I don't think he has much to do

Come on slats.

If the officials did their job and measured the footballs with a guage, like they are suppose to do, rather than just giving them the "squeeze test", none of this ever would have happened.

This is a league issue, not a Pats issue.

we are talking about a guy who has 18k+ posts on this jets message board alone. iirc he had close to 30k when I left JI, and likely has many many posts on any other jets message boards you can find. I don't think he has much to do

Nah Patfantx is cool. He can dish it out and take it. Just having a little fun.

This is a league issue, not a Pats issue.

Seriously, I know you don't believe that.

All the unsolved felonies and misdemeanors really have no perpetrators?

You can be guilty of wrongdoing without being arrested - charged - convicted - even found by the authorities. 

Guilt·y ˈɡiltē/
adjective

1. culpable of or responsible for a specified wrongdoing.
    "the police will soon discover who the guilty party is" 
    synonyms: culpable, to blame, at fault, in the wrong, blameworthyresponsible;

Archived