Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

own it like a man

That's funny coming from a cry baby. Even the great Joe Montana said the rule is "stupid" and many ball attendants have said it's typical for the refs to "gauge" the balls with a quick nonchalant squeeze, and nothing more.

It's obvious you, and others like you, love the idea that the Pats have created a dyanasty and been so dominant for reasons other than superior coaching, players, and yes, even gamesmanship. It must suck that the inevitible outcome to this is there's nothing wrong with the Pats actions. Sorry you lost your binky and have to face the reality of the Pats total dominance over your team. What's that over/under again on a Jets Superbowl appearence? 3.5 decades?

That's funny coming from a cry baby. Even the great Joe Montana said the rule is "stupid" and many ball attendants have said it's typical for the refs to "gauge" the balls with a quick nonchalant squeeze, and nothing more.

It's obvious you, and others like you, love the idea that the Pats have created a dyanasty and been so dominant for reasons other than superior coaching, players, and yes, even gamesmanship. It must suck that the inevitible outcome to this is there's nothing wrong with the Pats actions. Sorry you lkost your binky and have to fav=ce the reality of the Pats total dominance over your team. What's that over/under again on a Jets Superbowl appearence? 3.5 decades?

own it like a man

It is funny how all these Patriot trolls are coming on this website to try to convince us that their team are not cheaters. Why do they care about us. It is because deep down they are not sure how legitimate their team really is and was. Spygate and now this and who knows how much in between. Their fumbling stats since 2007 is not explainable and their home winning Percentage is incredibly great. Who knows what we will find out about the mad professor coach doings in the future. How many more teams will complain about the Patriots?

Florio has also reported the rules, and that a low standard of proof will be required to warrant punishment.

Trying to change the argument doesn't change the fact that at halftime of the AFC Championship Game, the Patriots were found to be playing with significantly deflated footballs. Just the way Tom Brady likes them, as he's been recorded saying in the past. Whether they were presented to the officials already deflated or not doesn't matter (and they'll take the ref's word that they passed a standard inspection before the game, anyway). What does matter is that they were found to be playing with illegally deflated footballs, giving their offense an unfair advantage handing them in the inclement weather. And looking at the Pats fumble statistics since Tom Brady lobbied for the road team to get to supply their own footballs, it would appear that they've been doing this for a long time.

Bill Belichick the Science Dick's explanation regarding dampness and cold that only seemed to effect their side of the field has been hilariously debunked by actual scientists over the last two weeks. The only logical conclusion is that Tom Brady ordered the footballs to be doctored to his specifications. It's fun watching Patriot fans try to come up with other explanations, but there aren't any.

It actually does.

If the process is to inspect the footballs by measuring each balls and inflate/deflate as needed, but  there is no proof the refs did so other than the guilty ref saying the did.  And there is no record of ball 1 measured at 13, ball 2 was measured atpumped to 12.3 and pumped to 12.6....etc. 

There is a serious problem prooving the Patriots did anything. 

Goodell cannot proove what the balls were inflated to, how much air may/or maynot have been lost if the balls were tampered with. 

This might be sh*t house lawyering, but Goodell cannot really bring the hammer without proof.

Clinton lied to protect himself from implicated in something he should have not done, that is cheating. Are you implying Brady and Belichick and Kraft are lying to protect themselves from these cheating allegations.

No, I am implying talking the refs word as gospel is stupid.

It is not like in the history of man a person has never lied in order to CYA after not doing something.

It actually does.

If the process is to inspect the footballs by measuring each balls and inflate/deflate as needed, but  there is no proof the refs did so other than the guilty ref saying the did.  And there is no record of ball 1 measured at 13, ball 2 was measured atpumped to 12.3 and pumped to 12.6....etc. 

Goodell cannot proove what the balls were inflated to, how much air may/or maynot have been lost if the balls were tampered with. 

This might be sh*t house lawyering, but Goodell cannot really bring the hammer without proof.

It is not like in the history of man a person has never lied in order to CYA after not doing something.

BS all cotls balls passed specs all 12 pats balls failed

Fumble stats since 2007 also should be alarming to Goodell and a major sign hanky panky took place

Guilty verdict will be rendered.

I've read much, but not all of this 98 page thread.  I'm debating some Chowd on YouTube who's in a state of high dudgeon over his precious Pats' honesty being questioned.  Anyway, he made the following statement that I want to check out before I respond to him.  Here it is:  "Also I suppose you haven't seen where now apparently it was only 5 balls not 11 and they were only under by less than 1 psi."

Anybody know if there is a germ of truth to that or is Chowdboy pulling it out of his posterior?

"Also I suppose you haven't seen where now apparently it was only 5 balls not 11 and they were only under by less than 1 psi."

sounds like something he picked up on profootballtalks comment section. tomorrow it will be down to 2 balls deflated by 1/2 pound and thru dna testing, bradys dna was nowhere near the football. might have actually been the colts balls.

It actually does.

Nice Try... but the test is a pass/fail.  Each ball is either compliant or its not.  

Twelve balls left the ref's room with a pass and 11 came back at halftime with a fail.

Someone tampered with the balls and that's cheating.

Well even if they get zero punishment, the damage is done. No one outside Boston will every believe the Pats are on the level. Plus I want to see their fumble numbers next year, because I can tell you this for free, those footballs are going to be fully pumped from now on.

Well even if they get zero punishment, the damage is done. No one outside Boston will every believe the Pats are on the level. Plus I want to see their fumble numbers next year, because I can tell you this for free, those footballs are going to be fully pumped from now on.

Well I would not say everyone, some people do believe that the colts balls could have been at the high end to begin with and the pats at the low end, then the physics take over.  No matter what the league says the haters are going to hate-nothing will ever change that.

Well I would not say everyone, some people do believe that the colts balls could have been at the high end to begin with and the pats at the low end, then the physics take over.  No matter what the league says the haters are going to hate-nothing will ever change that.

"What a fool believes..."

I've read much, but not all of this 98 page thread.  I'm debating some Chowd on YouTube who's in a state of high dudgeon over his precious Pats' honesty being questioned.  Anyway, he made the following statement that I want to check out before I respond to him.  Here it is:  "Also I suppose you haven't seen where now apparently it was only 5 balls not 11 and they were only under by less than 1 psi."

Anybody know if there is a germ of truth to that or is Chowdboy pulling it out of his posterior?

The tide is changing - we have been set up.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/30/sports/football/deflation-experiments-show-patriots-may-have-science-on-their-side-after-all.html?referrer=

....But what has the NFL really found?  As one league source has explained it to PFT, the football intercepted by Colts linebacker D’Qwell Jacksonwas roughly two pounds under the 12.5 PSI minimum.  The other 10 balls that reportedly were two pounds under may have been, as the source explained it, closer to one pound below 1

It actually does.

"It is not like in the history of man a person has never lied in order to CYA after not doing something."

The same argument can very easily go against you.  Not the most convincing point.  Please tell me you are not a criminal defense attorney...

Everybody is lying except the Pats.

I still haven't seen a shred of evidence that the Patriots were directly involved with anything.

When everything is all said and done with the investigation, there will be no fines or lost draft picks and the NFL will apologize to the Pats for this undeserved witch hunt.

I still haven't seen a shred of evidence that the Patriots were directly involved with anything.

When everything is all said and done with the investigation, there will be no fines or lost draft picks and the NFL will apologize to the Pats for this undeserved witch hunt.

You cant handle the truth mon

The problem with that New York Times article is that the facts are wrong. The MIT professor calculated the pressure drop assuming a starting temperature of 68 deg F, which is realistic, but an outside temperature of 45 deg F. But the temperature during the first half was 51 deg F. Even with the unrealistic outside temperature, the pressure drop is just a little over 1 psi, not the measured 2 psi. Using the more realistic outside temperature of 51 deg F, a drop in temp from 68 deg F would produce only a 0.88 psi pressure drop.

As for the Headsmart lab measurements, they used an unrealistic starting temperature of 75 deg F. New Englanders set temps more like 68 deg F or even lower. And still, the testing found less than 2 psi drop in all balls tested. They should repeat their tests starting from 68 deg F, a much more realistic inside temp.

The one thing that has come into question is whether the measured pressure drop really was 2 psi. It has been suggested it might have been only 1 psi. A 1 psi drop might be caused by natural effects. But we'll have to wait until the investigators' report comes out to see what the measured pressure drop really was. 

That article is 100% accurate.

This says it all:

“This analysis looks solid to me,” said Max Tegmark, a professor of physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who reviewed the paper at The Times’s request. “To me, their measurements mean that there’s no evidence of foul play.”

Jets fans need to find yet another excuse for the Pats total dominance the last 15 years.

Enjoy the Super Bowl game tomorrow.

This says it all:

“This analysis looks solid to me,” said Max Tegmark, a professor of physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who reviewed the paper at The Times’s request. “To me, their measurements mean that there’s no evidence of foul play.”

Jets fans need to find yet another excuse for the Pats total dominance the last 15 years.

Fortunately, science is not based on the declarations of authorities, as is the case in religion. Anyone can do the calculations and the experiments. I have only done the calculations and the fact is, the analysis is not solid. Even using the unrealistic 45 deg outside temperature, as was used by the MIT prof, does not give the 2 psi drop. 

This says it all:

Enjoy spending the rest of your weekend on a messageboard of a team you're not even a fan of.

Fortunately, science is not based on the declarations of authorities, as is the case in religion. Anyone can do the calculations and the experiments. I have only done the calculations and the fact is, the analysis is not solid. Even using the unrealistic 45 deg outside temperature, as was used by the MIT prof, does not give the 2 psi drop. 

Bill Nye already debunked Belichick's bs explanation about climate change or whatever.  Why is this even a discussion still?

The Pats cheated and the NFL commissioner is a joke who won't do anything about it.  End.

Archived