Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

This is what get me, people keep parroting this BS of "it didn't effect the final score". WTF does that even mean?

Yup. Its like the gambler with an ace up his sleeve. Even if he gets a winning hand dealt to him straight up, he still gets his finger bones hammered into dust in the back room if he is caught.

• Upvote 1

I agree with everything said here, but I have a BAD feeling the ref is gonna take the fall and be accused of not inspecting the balls properly. Belicheat

has been known to pay people off before.

Min wage ball boy will have a well endowed college fund. I will puke when they drag some kid out for a public lashing and BB shakes his head in feigned disgust

were balls on colts sidlelines tested and normal?

If so, slamdunk,,cheating

I was just thinking the same thing

curious to see if they tested the colts footballs as well

or are the colt responsible for their own ball?. if not, this could be a smoking gun if the colts balls were properly inflated. or if the colts ball were under inflated, this could become a scapegoat or just the inflator messing up or faulty equipment excuse

This is what get me, people keep parroting this BS of "it didn't effect the final score". WTF does that even mean?

There is no way of knowing if how things would have played out if the balls were properly inflated. Sure the game ended up being a blow out, but we all know how momentum can change in a game. If Brady's balls (hehe) were properly inflated he may have missed an early 3rd down pass or gotten intercepted giving Luck good field position. Everything would have changed. 

I was just think the same thing

or are the colt responsible for their own ball?. if not, this could be a smoking gun if the colts balls were properly inflated. or if the colts ball were under inflated, this could become a scapegoat or just the inflator messing up or faulty equipment excuse

every single Colts ball met specs

What this SHOULD engender is every other aspect of the Pats activities should be reviewed/audited to ensure compliance.

Because frankly, I highly doubt a proven cheater like BB limited himself to just underinflated balls.  Smoke -> Fire, and I'd bet the Pats cheat in a whole host of ways every week, because they know they can get away with it, and because they know if any ONE method of cheating is discovered, they can dismiss it (lol, underinflated balls, so what, lol, a little taping, so what everyone does it, lol) and they'll skate on the plethora of OTHER cheating they were engaged in that week.

Full, unbiased (i.e. not Goodell's Office) audit of everything.  

If the Pats didn't cheat, there is no issue, right?  Everything is on the up and up.

No way he skates,,national media involved this time BIG.. I think a Sean Peyton penalty on way for Belly in 2015, although it appears Kraft/Brady/Belly will go to NFL with using deflated balls their whole careers.

Also curious to see how Brady throw % looks next year.

Details will come out but it would surprise me to be honest if Belichick was personally behind this.  I will guess that some mid level guy heard that Brady likes soft balls  (he may have misinterpreted the true meaning) and took it upon himself to get the ball boy to take action.  The big problem is they have built a culture of trying to squeeze every single advantage and bend if not break the rules.  They will be fined, a ball boy and mid level guy will be fired and that will be the end of it.

Home Team responsible for balls and clock management,,That will change I guarantee.. NFL will supply folks to do in 2015 I bet.

Repeat 100X  all 12 pats balls did not meet specs, 11 of which were significantly under 2 lbs

this is a huge smoking gun. the commish will be forced to come down on the pats like a hammer considering how many perceive his punishment over spygate to be have been a slap on the wrist. this goes beyond what the commish can cover up. I expect some serious punishment handed down

there's going to a massive campaign by ESPN and the NFL to make this out to be no big deal.  It's happening already - just this morning hearing things like..

1) They won big so it doesn't matter (like this is the only time they did it?)

2) Doesn't really help that much - 2oz just isn't a big deal

3) QB's make the balls how they like them all the time

4) Even if he gets caught it doesn't warrant a suspension - maybe a fine maybe a low round draft pick

Next to come ....

1) "Independent" committee will be formed to find out what happened - overseen by Mara and Rooney

2) All the teams do it, it really isn't a big deal - the refs overlook this all the time because it's commonplace

3) BB and Brady didn't know it was going on - no one knows how it happened, no real proof

Are we surprised that Bellicheat is a cheater?  He has shown by his coaching and his own personal life that he has few, if any, ethical boundaries. He regularly breaks the rules of life and football for a perceived advantage.  He has gotten away with some things, gotten slapped on the wrist for others, and hammered once for spygate.  The only thing that makes him pause and consider his ways is severe consequences.

And by the way, what else has he done to cheat that we don't even know about?  Richard Nixon part II.

I was just thinking the same thing

Since Jets fans love conspiracy theories without any factual information, here is mine:

It was the Colts who deflated the Patriots balls.

Find the right opportunity in the game (Jackson's INT) to make it like the deflated balls are an issue.

Leak it to the NFL, wrongly accusing the Pats are chaeting.

Let the media, and 31 other dumbass fan bases, run with it.

How did I do?

• Thumb Down 1

there's going to a massive campaign by ESPN and the NFL to make this out to be no big deal.  It's happening already - just this morning hearing things like..

1) They won big so it doesn't matter (like this is the only time they did it?)

2) Doesn't really help that much - 2oz just isn't a big deal

3) QB's make the balls how they like them all the time

4) Even if he gets caught it doesn't warrant a suspension - maybe a fine maybe a low round draft pick

Next to come ....

1) "Independent" committee will be formed to find out what happened - overseen by Mara and Rooney

2) All the teams do it, it really isn't a big deal - the refs overlook this all the time because it's commonplace

3) BB and Brady didn't know it was going on - no one knows how it happened, no real proof

Not the Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/01/21/how-the-new-england-patriots-became-the-nfls-least-trusted-team/

Since Jets fans love conspiracy theories without any factual information, here is mine:

It was the Colts who deflated the Patriots balls.

Find the right opportunity in the game (Jackson's INT) to make it like the deflated balls are an issue.

Leak it to the NFL, wrongly accusing the Pats are chaeting.

Let the media, and 31 other dumbass fan bases, run with it.

How did I do?

You are 1 dumb SOB, I just made personal attack

Belichick micro-manages the words his players use in when standing at their lockers answering questions like "How does it feel to win?"

Yes, I 100% agree that Brady has got to be suspect #1, given that the balls are prepared to the liking of the QB, but I can't convince myself that Bill isn't in the know.

Doesn't matter. Wasn't Payton suspended despite not really being involved in the bounty scandal because as head coach ultimately it was his responsibility? BB is the head coach. He is ultimately responsible whether he had knowledge or not. 

each team provides balls, I believe the SB is only game where NFL monitors balls.

The Kicking balls are monitored by refs

not saying you are wrong at all, but the only thing I could find on google states the home team is responsible for all the footballs, but that was answers.com and I don't think they are all that reliable.lol

Doesn't matter. Wasn't Payton suspended despite not really being involved in the bounty scandal because as head coach ultimately it was his responsibility? BB is the head coach. He is ultimately responsible whether he had knowledge or not.

Yup that's exactly what the reasoning was behind Payton's suspension...BB has got to get a year, he has to.

not saying you are wrong at all, but the only thing I could find on google states the home team is responsible for all the footballs, but that was answers.com and I don't think they are all that reliable.lol

“Under NFL rules, each team provides balls each game for use when its offense is on the field,” Mortensen noted. “The balls are inspected before the game by the officiating crew, then handled during the game by personnel provided by the home team.” It remains unclear how the balls were deflated, considering referees are supposed to check the balls two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff.

Details will come out but it would surprise me to be honest if Belichick was personally behind this.  I will guess that some mid level guy heard that Brady likes soft balls  (he may have misinterpreted the true meaning) and took it upon himself to get the ball boy to take action.  The big problem is they have built a culture of trying to squeeze every single advantage and bend if not break the rules.  They will be fined, a ball boy and mid level guy will be fired and that will be the end of it.

0719covdc.gif

“Under NFL rules, each team provides balls each game for use when its offense is on the field,” Mortensen noted. “The balls are inspected before the game by the officiating crew, then handled during the game by personnel provided by the home team.” It remains unclear how the balls were deflated, considering referees are supposed to check the balls two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff.

How hard is it to deflate a football?  It takes a couple seconds.  Not like you have to take the damn thing apart and put it back together again.

they cant be deflated after the refs inspect? 

You are 'reaching' my friend

Knickers caught around ankles, yet again. No matter what, another asterisk will be 100% applied to this AFC Champ and SB (if u win)