Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

Yup that's exactly what the reasoning was behind Payton's suspension...BB has got to get a year, he has to.

Paying players to purposely injure, and ruin careers, is not the same as lettting a little air out of the ball.

Hell, letting the air out of a ball is no different than farting.

How many NFL HC's have been suspended for breaking wind?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if this is true, the pats become somewhat less liable as far as cheating goes

Why? The refs aren't tasked with checking the psi of the ball. You think Belichick is dumb enough to cheat in a way that is obvious? He deflates the ball just enough that it helps his QB but is likely hard to detect unless you were specifically checking for a difference. 

“Under NFL rules, each team provides balls each game for use when its offense is on the field,” Mortensen noted. “The balls are inspected before the game by the officiating crew, then handled during the game by personnel provided by the home team.” It remains unclear how the balls were deflated, considering referees are supposed to check the balls two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff.

"Remains unclear"?

The air was let out of them. Seems pretty cut and dry.

Paying players to purposely injure, and ruin careers, is not the same as lettting a little air out of the ball.

Its the multiple offense..

Peyton/Saints were warned and ignored,, Pats were warned on SpyGate future cheating would be more severe penaltys..

repeat offense equals bigger sentence, part of judicial procedure.

Nightmare scenario for Goodell now. Two weeks before the Super Bowl and this is the only thing anyone is going to talk about. If he suspends Belichick for the Super Bowl, it basically kills the game, but if the Pats go in there and win it, it's going to be asterisked for eternity.

Imo, I think the move is to go out there today and announce a million dollar fine with the promise that the investgation is still ongoing, then a week after the game you announce that Belichick is suspended one year.

Yeah but Tx just told me Bellicheat is a lock for first ballot HOF'er.   LOL

Hey I refuse to believe Belichick is really that out right stupid.  In the end he is responsible for his staff and should face the consequences but I'd be surprised if they are able to directly pin this on him.

Pats admitted and so did Belly they spyed on opposing defenses.. why different?

According to most if not all coverage Goodell came down so hard on the saints because he had warned them in previous years and the were deemed repeat offenders, he sold it as a player safety issue to cover the NFL 's a#%s but they got hammered for ignoring him....repeat offender just like Belichik...no difference .

“Under NFL rules, each team provides balls each game for use when its offense is on the field,” Mortensen noted. “The balls are inspected before the game by the officiating crew, then handled during the game by personnel provided by the home team.” It remains unclear how the balls were deflated, considering referees are supposed to check the balls two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff.

two hours fourteen minutes before kickoff?

Pats admitted and so did Belly they spyed on opposing defenses.. why different?

Because you actually got caught and got your hands slapped and there is a lot more to lose now.  If he was directly behind it then he is no genius but a total dumbass for putting the team in jeopardy.

you have.

Anybody recall how the Refs bent Seattle over in SB37?

The Pats better bring Vaseline because there is no way the NFL wants them to win this SB.

Said this earlier, think I gotta' put some money on Seattle.

Just refer to them as the Patriots* now

Why? The refs aren't tasked with checking the psi of the ball. You think Belichick is dumb enough to cheat in a way that is obvious? He deflates the ball just enough that it helps his QB but is likely hard to detect unless you were specifically checking for a difference. 

if the pats were responsible for both teams balls, that would be a smoking gun. if the pats are responsible just for their own balls, one could argue just about anything as an excuse. defective balls for instance. not saying I don't believe they cheated, but on a legal perspective, there is more of a defensive argument

Chicago Black Sox

Pete Rose

Phil Niekro

Steroid Users in Baseball

The Patriots belong right up there with guys for the harm they do, via systemic cheating undermining the integrity of the game itself, in the Bellichek era.

If the NFL had any stones, of any kind, Bellichek would face the same lifetime ban Pete Rose faced, for much the same reasons.  Undermining the integrity of the game.

Bill is a repeat offender. Strong chance he gets a year suspension 

Steve Buckley from the Boston Herald:

What if the charges are true? What if every last accusation directed at Patriots coach Bill Belichick turns out to be accurate? I write these words as someone who believes a) Belichick deserved everything he got in the aftermath of Spygate, but that B) deflated footballs had nothing to do with the Pats’ decimation of the Colts in the AFC title game. But the common thread is that there are thousands of Pats fans who believe anything Belichick does is good for the Pats, good for the working man, good for America. In that spirit, Belichick will forever get a standing O any time he steps into a Boston-area restaurant. Not so in Cleveland, New York, Indianapolis, etc. Remember that the next time you criticize fans in some other town for the manner in which they treat someone you don’t happen to like.

I just had someone in my office use the whole "I don't see what the big deal is, everybody cheats" card. 

You know it's funny, you would think that if others were doing all this cheating they too would be caught from time to time. Why is it that the Pats have been caught so many times while the vast majority haven't been caught once?

Archived