Team Italy to Play The Detroit Tigers Before WBC

The Gun Of Bavaria

If the Tigers lose this I'll set fire to Comerica myself.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5233226

Italian national team to visit Tigers

ROME(AP) - The Detroit Tigers will have some European guests at spring training - the Italian national baseball team.

Italy will play the Tigers in an exhibition game in Lakeland, Fla., on March 4 in preparation for the World Baseball Classic, the Italian baseball federation said Monday. The Italians will train in the Tigers' spring training home from March 3-6.

Tigers pitcher Jason Grilli is being considered for Italy's roster for the March 3-20 tournament.

Italy will play its opening-round games at Kissimmee, Fla. It faces Australia on March 7, Venezuela a day later and the Dominican Republic on March 9.

Mike Piazza is playing for Italy so The Tigers have a chance.

That brings up the question where is Mike going to play this year?

A very good question. I would have thought Baltimore waould be a slam dunk. He catches 60 games, and Dhs 100.

Not sure why that has not happened.

That's what makes this WBC a joke. Players playing for other countries based on their distant heritage? A-Rod debating USA vs. DR before he decided not to play? That's why they have the olympics

I agree.

All these players born in the US that are playing for other countries? WTF is that?

Might as well not have a USA team because nobody's heritage really goes back to America.

This whole world baseball is a joke-I agree

We are Americans first if you are born here- I am Italian descent but I am American true and true but also proud of my Italian heritage. IT just makes people look bad when they choose some heritage over another and generates resentment here in America

I agree.

All these players born in the US that are playing for other countries? WTF is that?

Might as well not have a USA team because nobody's heritage really goes back to America.

What team would Bobby Madritsch play for? The only Native American in MLB if I'm not mistaken.

Archived