Mac and Todd on WFAN (MERGED)

DoubleU

Hopefully Francesa doesn't put either one on hold during their interview like the dope Carton did today while interviewing Mccagnan to cut to Belichick's press conference 

just utter embarrassment and unprofessional

that was reprehensible

Brady pushed for rule to let visiting team provide own footballs
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 22, 2015, 11:37 AM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjAP

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has long wanted control over the footballs he throws, to the point where he was the driving force behind a rules change that allowed visiting teams to provide their own footballs, rather than having both teams use footballs provided by the home team.

In 2006, Brady and Peyton Manning successfully lobbied the league to let every team provide its own footballs to use on offense. Prior to that, it was always the home team that supplied the footballs, which meant that road team quarterbacks didn’t get to try the footballs out until pregame warmups.

Brady said at the time that he appreciated the opportunity to address the league’s Competition Committee and get a rule change that he felt would be advantageous to himself and other quarterbacks.

“The thing is, every quarterback likes it a little bit different,” Brady told the Sun-Sentinel at the time. “Some like them blown up a little bit more, some like them a little more thin, some like them a little more new, some like them really broken in.”

Brady’s comments come into new focus this week as the NFL investigates whether the Patriots deflated footballs in the AFC Championship Game, in violation of NFL rules. After Patriots coach Bill Belichick said today that he knows nothing about how balls are prepared prior to games, increased attention has turned to whether Brady was behind deflating the footballs.

Troy Aikman: Patriots punishment should exceed Saints bounty punishment

Posted by Josh Alper on January 22, 2015, 3:12 PM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjGetty Images

Former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman has weighed in on Deflategate and he thinks that the Patriots should be in for a harsh punishment from the NFL.

Aikman made an appearance on Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket on Thursday and said he believed that it is “obvious” quarterback Tom Brady was involved in deflating the footballs. He also referenced Commissioner Roger Goodell’s punishment of the Saints for running a bounty program that rewarded players for hurting opponents when explaining why he believed the Patriots needed more than the “slap on the wrist” Aikman feels they got for videotaping their opponents’ sideline in 2007.

“This whole comment by Roger Goodell based on the Saints when Sean Payton got suspended for the year, and he says ‘ignorance is no excuse,’ that’s going to come back to haunt him again,” Aikman said, via the Dallas Morning News. “That haunted him during the whole Ray Rice situation with he, himself, and now it’s going to haunt Roger Goodell in terms of what the punishment is for the New England Patriots and Bill Belichick. If ignorance is no excuse, and it wasn’t for Sean Payton. …[The Saints] did not give themselves a competitive advantage. Now twice, under Bill Belichick and possibly a third time, they’ve cheated and given themselves an advantage. To me, the punishment for the Patriots and/or Bill Belichick has to be more severe than what the punishment was for the New Orleans Saints.”

Payton was suspended for the entire 2012 season by the league as a result of their bounty findings, General Manager Mickey Loomis was suspended eight games, assistant coach Joe Vitt was suspended six games, defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was suspended indefinitely, the team was fined $500,000 and the Saints were stripped of second-round picks in 2012 and 2013.

Former Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman has weighed in on Deflategate and he thinks that the Patriots should be in for a harsh punishment from the NFL.

Aikman made an appearance on Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket on Thursday and said he believed that it is “obvious” quarterback Tom Brady was involved in deflating the footballs. He also referenced Commissioner Roger Goodell’s punishment of the Saints for running a bounty program that rewarded players for hurting opponents when explaining why he believed the Patriots needed more than the “slap on the wrist” Aikman feels they got for videotaping their opponents’ sideline in 2007.

“This whole comment by Roger Goodell based on the Saints when Sean Payton got suspended for the year, and he says ‘ignorance is no excuse,’ that’s going to come back to haunt him again,” Aikman said, via the Dallas Morning News. “That haunted him during the whole Ray Rice situation with he, himself, and now it’s going to haunt Roger Goodell in terms of what the punishment is for the New England Patriots and Bill Belichick. If ignorance is no excuse, and it wasn’t for Sean Payton. …[The Saints] did not give themselves a competitive advantage. Now twice, under Bill Belichick and possibly a third time, they’ve cheated and given themselves an advantage. To me, the punishment for the Patriots and/or Bill Belichick has to be more severe than what the punishment was for the New Orleans Saints.”

Payton was suspended for the entire 2012 season by the league as a result of their bounty findings, General Manager Mickey Loomis was suspended eight games, assistant coach Joe Vitt was suspended six games, defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was suspended indefinitely, the team was fined $500,000 and the Saints were stripped of second-round picks in 2012 and 2013.

Brutal, I love it!

I heard this earlier today. I've always liked and respected Aikman, but his stock just went up big time.

I agree there should be a legit punishment, especially since this is violation #2 in a relatively short timespan and it's the same HC of the NEP.  However, I still think it's absurd that the NFL let's the teams have a role is holding onto the balls to begin with.  I always assumed the officials were in charge of stuff like that (the same way that I assume baseball umpires control the baseballs used in a game). I also saw headline that reads "Impartial staff to handle SB XLIX game balls".  That seems like the obvious way it should be.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12211433/super-bowl-xlix-game-balls-maintained-impartial-equipment-manager

That Bowles interview with Francessa was outstanding..

Bowles was much more comfortable, and really dug deep and presented a far bigger light of what he is about, his journey to becoming a head coach.

Impressions of the interview, very impresssed

- Grounded, composed, confident, he really seems to know his stuff, even as a first time HC, he knows he has a learning curve, but seems very ready for it

- Loved hearing about the coaches he learned from over his career

- Businesslike

- No-nonsense

- Doesn't at all seemed enamoured by the moment of the new plateau in his career, seems extremely prepared and ready

- Really enjoyed listening to him when he talked about how he is putting his staff together, that decisions will be made on type of coach, i.e. motivator, screamer, teacher, disciplinarian.  Also said that the staff he is putting together is being molded with input from the organization with some thought about the personnel, but that he also had a core of guys he was going to hire no matter where he went.

I was blown away, he was probably a bit nervous with the press conference yesterday, the fact that he came out of his shell without the TV cameras on him really gave a great insight for us fans, it's a must listen.

I have been saying this as well multiple times as well. Beli and Brady and the Pats punishment should be a lot more severe  compared to Sean Payton and company.

Top of that both Beli and Brady should be ruled out of HOF contention.

Brady pushed for rule to let visiting team provide own footballs

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 22, 2015, 11:37 AM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjAP

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has long wanted control over the footballs he throws, to the point where he was the driving force behind a rules change that allowed visiting teams to provide their own footballs, rather than having both teams use footballs provided by the home team.

In 2006, Brady and Peyton Manning successfully lobbied the league to let every team provide its own footballs to use on offense. Prior to that, it was always the home team that supplied the footballs, which meant that road team quarterbacks didn’t get to try the footballs out until pregame warmups.

Brady said at the time that he appreciated the opportunity to address the league’s Competition Committee and get a rule change that he felt would be advantageous to himself and other quarterbacks.

“The thing is, every quarterback likes it a little bit different,” Brady told the Sun-Sentinel at the time. “Some like them blown up a little bit more, some like them a little more thin, some like them a little more new, some like them really broken in.”

Brady’s comments come into new focus this week as the NFL investigates whether the Patriots deflated footballs in the AFC Championship Game, in violation of NFL rules. After Patriots coach Bill Belichick said today that he knows nothing about how balls are prepared prior to games, increased attention has turned to whether Brady was behind deflating the footballs.

So the rule was put in place in 2006, SpyGate was in 2007, and I think it's safe to say that Brady's been deflating the balls since then.  People always ask me why I hate him and I tell them that he's a phony and I can see right through his bullsh*t act.  His PC today was the final piece that shows he's nothing more than a liar and a cheat.  Pats fans don't see it, but so many other people do now.

So the rule was put in place in 2006, SpyGate was in 2007, and I think it's safe to say that Brady's been deflating the balls since then. People always ask me why I hate him and I tell them that he's a phony and I can see right through his bullsh*t act. His PC today was the final piece that shows he's nothing more than a liar and a cheat. Pats fans don't see it, but so many other people do now.

he was originally scheduled for the pressure.. I mean presser today. Wonder what made him reschedule? When I first heard he would talk to the public earlier than he was supposed to I figured he was doing it to come to Belicheats rescue but it turns out he was just as helpless.

Archived