Boycott the SuperBowl

Integrity28

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ray Rice saga just might help with Goodell coming down with stiff penalities against the Patriots.  A stiff penalty may help Goodell gain back some creditibility

It would with me, and I'm a die hard NFL fan. And not just because it's the Pats, but because its the right thing to do.

Seriously.

If insufficient discipline is in place in time for the game. Don't tune in.

It's the least entertaining game of the football season for real football fans anyway, and this whole Patriots thing can serve as the catalyst for a boycott that allows fans to take part of the game back. Roger Goodell's NFL has been all about the owners, but not all owners, the ones that help him politically. 

Not about the fans.

The only way to truly see this change is to hit the NFL goliath where it hurts, in the advertising dollars. Boycotting the SuperBowl would effectively hurt ratings, and in turn advertising dollars. It could actually make a difference.

I was actually thinking the same thing.

This is truly hurting me it is causing me to turn from a game I love because of this but the truth is there are many other things I can do with my time and money...

This is ridiculous.  Some baseless accusations are made of Brady and Belichick and we're supposed to boycott the Super Bowl?

Maybe we should watch the Pooper Bowl next year when the winless Jets face the winless Bills

Baseless? The facts are all pointing to Princess Brady. 

Im becoming convinced that Chowds learned football at the Special Olympics. 

I'm somewhat generally disinterested in this game. With the patriots in another cheating scandal the game just feels like a sham even if the Seahawks deserve to be celebrated. I find myself rolling my eyes when people call in to talk to radio hosts about the matchup. As far as I'm concerned the first 3 Super Bowl rings they have are now as valuable as costume jewelry and the 4th if they get it will be costume jewelry too. If the patriots win it could be a nightmare for the league, the cheating talk will continue far beyond the game. Id like to see a real team in the Super Bowl that got there with hard work and determination. Some may not take the deflated ball thing all that serious but how many other things are they doing wrong that no one knows about too. We're just talking about the one they got caught for.

Really?  From the roided out Steelers in the 70s to today's HGH players, we thought it was honest?  Really?

you realize that invoking isis and the 70 steelers to defend your teams honor makes you look like an idiot, right ?

Wow. 23 outraged signatures. That'll show the NFL. Sponsers will be dropping like flies over this. The day the Superbowl died.

Everyone knows internet petitions don't work.  No one signs them anymore because businesses understand it's to easy to electronically sign something.  If you want results, take the time to write a letter, sign it, put it in an envelope, pay for a stamp and take your personal time to go mail it.  Thats a person who is truly pissed off and can make a difference.  You get a bunch of those flooding in and suddenly the nfl will listen.

I will watch the super bowl. I would not miss out on watching the patriots lose another super bowl.

It's really going to be interesting to see the effect that Brady having to use regulation standard footballs will affect his completion %, and you just KNOW that there will be segments already set up with comparative plays and template pieces being drawn up with before and after results being written right now, and just waiting for those film clips of errant throws to get plugged right in.

It's really going to be interesting to see the effect that Brady having to use regulation standard footballs will affect his completion %.

I guess you missed the 2nd half of the Colts game when the balls were changed at halftime.

Brady looked completely lost out there.

I'm somewhat generally disinterested in this game. With the patriots in another cheating scandal the game just feels like a sham even if the Seahawks deserve to be celebrated. I find myself rolling my eyes when people call in to talk to radio hosts about the matchup. As far as I'm concerned the first 3 Super Bowl rings they have are now as valuable as costume jewelry and the 4th if they get it will be costume jewelry too. If the patriots win it could be a nightmare for the league, the cheating talk will continue far beyond the game. Id like to see a real team in the Super Bowl that got there with hard work and determination. Some may not take the deflated ball thing all that serious but how many other things are they doing wrong that no one knows about too. We're just talking about the one they got caught for.

This is a wonderful post.....

People don't seem to understand that this Pats "attitude" and win at all costs is destructive.

I am quite sure that the same arguments surrounding deflate gate would be used by fans of the Pats if it were shown that the Pats paid a referee to win the game!!  Their arguments would center around did that referee make any calls that effected the outcome of the game not on the very act of bribery by the Pats. Such convoluted thinking is the end of any honest enterprise. 

you realize that invoking isis and the 70 steelers to defend your teams honor makes you look like an idiot, right ?

You realize merging two separate points into a single point make you look like an idiot right?

I guess you missed the 2nd half of the Colts game when the balls were changed at halftime.

Nah bra I was still thinking about the previous Sunday when the patriots beat the ravens by the skin if their teeth.

I can't boycott the game when I have such a huge rooting interest.

I'll be watching along with 100 million other people. I actually don't root as hard against the pats as most fans do but the arrogance of the NFL and media to let Belichick and TB12 to get away with some egregious cheating like this makes me root for seattle

I'll be watching along with 100 million other people. I actually don't root as hard against the pats as most fans do but the arrogance of the NFL and media to let Belichick and TB12 to get away with some egregious cheating like this makes me root for seattle

What happens if the Pats win in a blowout?

That would be one giant FU to 100 million fans.

Who are you a fan of and if not Pats then why the Pats avatar?

What happens if the Pats win in a blowout?

That would be one giant FU to 100 million fans.

Would be bad.  Nobody would be talking about the Superbowl. They would be talking about the cheating.  The NFL seriously needs the Seahawks to win it.  The hateful portion of Crushlove would like the Pats to win just to put on display what a putrid product the NFL has become under Goodells watch. 

so a law firm is in charge of the investigation.  a firm that charges by the hour working for a commissioner that doesn't want to do anything until after the superbowl

this should be wrapped up by june I figure

what a sham

Archived