Data about Patriots related to ball security.

Integrity28

These aren't the drones you're looking for.

hah.  I've decided to troll.  Not like all-out Tom Shane new username circa 2002 type trolling.  Just enough to give myself an occasional chuckle.  With all the new posters I thought it might be a good time to re-invent myself.  I've never gotten to be a heel.

hah. I've decided to troll. Not like all-out Tom Shane new username circa 2002 type trolling. Just enough to give myself an occasional chuckle. With all the new posters I thought it might be a good time to re-invent myself. I've never gotten to be a heel.

Your secret is safe with me. I'll keep it just between us girls.

Isn't it ironic how these stats suddenly went to ridiculous levels the year after Tom Brady lobbied for the new football rule in 2006.  It's not hard to connect the dots and come to the conclusion that they were probably doing this since 2007.

Isn't it ironic how these stats suddenly went to ridiculous levels the year after Tom Brady lobbied for the new football rule in 2006.  It's not hard to connect the dots and come to the conclusion that they were probably doing this since 2007.

Even before, but only at home games!

More cherry picking stats.

The Pats had 6 fumbles at Gillette this year.

They just happened to recover all 6.

I'll tell you what Tex If Brady is practicing and playing with deflated balls for years and years its not going to be easy for him to adjust for the SB its definitely going to have some effect on him . Should be interesting how the muscle memory in his hands reacts to this. I would be willing to bet he's out on the practice field throwing a lot of balls to get used to the proper inflation no doubt about it.

Clear violation of rule 17

Rule 17

Section 2  - Extraordinarily Unfair Acts

COMMISSIONER AUTHORITY

Article 1

The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which he deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game.

PENALTIES FOR UNFAIR ACTS

Article 3

The Commissioner’s powers include the imposition of monetary fines and draft-choice forfeituressuspension of persons involved in unfair acts, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred. In the event of rescheduling a game, the Commissioner will be guided by the procedures specified in Rule 17, Section 1, Articles 5 through 11, above. In all cases, the Commissioner will conduct a full investigation, including the opportunity for hearings, use of game videotape, and any other procedure he deems appropriate

This was discussed yesterday and I think the fumbling aspect is the real heart of the story. Not Brady.  Brady'd preferences are almost an interesting side bonus for the Pats I think.

Lower pressure footballs are fumbled at a lower rate.  Period.  Bill Belichick as one of the great defensive coordinators of his generation has got to know that fact.  Everyone on the planet agrees that the turnover statistics will likely be the deciding factor in these games.  We hear that mantra so often that it is almost painful on the ears.  With that in mind it is simply not possible that Bill Belichick does not know the relationship between lower ball pressure and fumbling.

Therefore his claims about "that is all I know about ball pressure" are obvious lies right there.  Obvious lies.

The Pats found out that 12.5 PSI gives fewer fumbles than 13.5 PSI but they also realized that 11 PSI would be even better.  They simply could not overcome the temptation to give themselves that additional edge.

I have had the debate with Pats fans off and on over the past 7 years and asked them "Is there any evidence that the Pats have stopped cheating?".... Now this almost always drew am indignant reactions from those fans, but to those guys (and you know who you are) I will ask gain...

"Is there any evidence that the Patriots have stopped their their cheating ways?"

It's a non issue!!!!!!!1!!1!1!1!1

Bullsh&t dude. It is a serious issue. I don't care if the score was 45-7, the Patriots had an unfair advantage and it obviously helped them or they wouldn't have risked doing it. I guess they think everyone else in the league is just stupid, which plays into Belicheat thinking he's a f-ing genius.

Bullsh&t dude. It is a serious issue. I don't care if the score was 45-7, the Patriots had an unfair advantage and it obviously helped them or they wouldn't have risked doing it. I guess they think everyone else in the league is just stupid, which plays into Belicheat thinking he's a f-ing genius.

Was being sarcastic

Exactly, BB plays chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers.

Exactly, BB plays chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers.

it's going to be sad the day we see how you really feel inside, when this bravado crumbles to a whimper from the shame and humiliation of the past* becoming a national punchline to a joke about cheating

screw that it will be awesome !!!!  woot !!!!!!

Clear violation of rule 17

Rule 17

Section 2  - Extraordinarily Unfair Acts

COMMISSIONER AUTHORITY

Article 1

The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which he deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game.

PENALTIES FOR UNFAIR ACTS

Article 3

The Commissioner’s powers include the imposition of monetary fines and draft-choice forfeituressuspension of persons involved in unfair acts, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred. In the event of rescheduling a game, the Commissioner will be guided by the procedures specified in Rule 17, Section 1, Articles 5 through 11, above. In all cases, the Commissioner will conduct a full investigation, including the opportunity for hearings, use of game videotape, and any other procedure he deems appropriate

Its hard for the commish to use videotape when he's burning them lol. 

Archived