Bellicheat Speaks 1/24/15~~

Charlie Brown

Also amazing how Belicheat

He warms up with them before the game also when there's no game pressure. Simply amazing he hasn't noticed it the past 7 years.

You don't believe him? Even after he raised his voice ?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, now with Bellichecks explanation today, I know exactly what they are doing to circumvent the rules while passing the certification on the balls. This is what he is doing,

I'll start with explaining it this way, a race cars tire is set at a desired pressure when it's cold (ambient temp), say 19 psi. When the car goes out on track and races, the tire heats up, as the tire heats up the pressure grows (we call this climb) so we get 11 psi climb in pressure, we end up with a hot pressure of 30 psi (which was our target hot pressure for optimum grip).. So all 4 tires will now be at 30 psi while racing.

Now if we apply this to the Patriots and there football prep, this is what he's doing. Whom ever is prepping the balls has figured out how much climb in pressure he is getting while scuffing the balls. So he inflates them to the correct cold pressure he needs then scuffs the balls, probably enough to ensure the pressure is at 13.5 psi (max spec). Then he has them certified by the ref, it passes inspection, it's at 12.5 a 13.5 psi, but when the ball returns to ambient temp, presto you have the ball at the desired under inflated pressure Brady likes.

He is following the rules.... Loosely. But taken advantage of it not being clarified in the rule book stating the pressure must be in this specified range at ambient temp.

Well that's my take.

Semper Fi

I'm pretty sure race tires use nitrogen which is much more stable in relation to temperature

I'm pretty sure race tires use nitrogen which is much more stable in relation to temperature

Yeah this is why we use nitrogen to pressure test ac systems. That said, they would have to really be heating the balls up to affect the pressure. I highly doubt they are rubbing them fast enough snd long enough to cause enough sustained heat to allow the heat transfer needed to increase the psi. The balls would have to be made hot enough to allow the air inside to heat up. Leather does not have good heat transfer properties

Anyone else notice how Belicheat's 'explanation" didn't address why the Colt's balls were all within specs?

they are setting up the "chain of custody.... you can't prove we altered the balls" defense.   

any rational person can see right through it.   

they will drive the bus over the refs next, saying the balls were approved for play.  That is rogers best out here, fire a ref and absolve shady brady with his dimples and supermodel wife

Yeah this is why we use nitrogen to pressure test ac systems. That said, they would have to really be heating the balls up to affect the pressure. I highly doubt they are rubbing them fast enough snd long enough to cause enough sustained heat to allow the heat transfer needed to increase the psi. The balls would have to be made hot enough to allow the air inside to heat up. Leather does not have good heat transfer properties

They have a polyurethane bladder in them as well. Polyurethane is a good insulator. In fact, it's used as insulation (spray foam insulation).

I had them put it in my truck tires last winter so I didn't have to worry about a blow out in the summer.  whoever gave him the advice to do this presser gave him bad advice

Yes your correct most professional team use nitrogen, which has a narrower window of climb, but many lower level series and club guys use oxygen.

Still the point I made is valid in regards to the football prep.

Semper Fi

Yes your correct most professional team use nitrogen, which has a narrower window of climb, but many lower level series and club guys use oxygen.

Still the point I made is valid in regards to the football prep.

Semper Fi

yes your point is valid.  

but oxygen near fuels ?   yikes.   

It's gone way beyond basic trolling. I think it's time we accept the fact that they actually believe this sh*t and move on. Because this is like trying to discuss evolution with Mac from It's Always Sunny.

I just assume any Pats' fan is from Dorchester and it helps me tailor my discussions and arguments. Last time I was there, I saw someone from his porch throw a brick at a guy who was riding a bike. Probably just for the fact that he was riding a bike.

It's gone way beyond basic trolling. I think it's time we accept the fact that they actually believe this sh*t and move on. Because this is like trying to discuss evolution with Mac from It's Always Sunny.

lol

I thought they were all being tongue in cheek with these lame defenses but, no. They're really going for it, en masse.

Ok, now with Bellichecks explanation today, I know exactly what they are doing to circumvent the rules while passing the certification on the balls. This is what he is doing,

I'll start with explaining it this way, a race cars tire is set at a desired pressure when it's cold (ambient temp), say 19 psi. When the car goes out on track and races, the tire heats up, as the tire heats up the pressure grows (we call this climb) so we get 11 psi climb in pressure, we end up with a hot pressure of 30 psi (which was our target hot pressure for optimum grip).. So all 4 tires will now be at 30 psi while racing.

Now if we apply this to the Patriots and there football prep, this is what he's doing. Whom ever is prepping the balls has figured out how much climb in pressure he is getting while scuffing the balls. So he inflates them to the correct cold pressure he needs then scuffs the balls, probably enough to ensure the pressure is at 13.5 psi (max spec). Then he has them certified by the ref, it passes inspection, it's at 12.5 a 13.5 psi, but when the ball returns to ambient temp, presto you have the ball at the desired under inflated pressure Brady likes.

He is following the rules.... Loosely. But taken advantage of it not being clarified in the rule book stating the pressure must be in this specified range at ambient temp.

Well that's my take.

Semper Fi

That's more or less exactly what's happening, as well as perhaps a little old fashioned variance in several areas (for nonscientists, always take the square root of a measurement to set a confidence level, in this case the 1 sigma value is as much as 3.5psi).  This is probably not even malice, but just a procedure that the Patriots do to dirty up and texture the ball that has an unintended consequence in cold weather and in certain conditions.  

Incidentally, the reason Indies balls have the right psi could be influenced by a number of factors, like where they were placed during the game, did the refs measure the patriots balls first or second, how long where they allowed to equilibriate with the outside world etc  

It's not obvious, and yes this is a scientific forensic question now that the experts will need to determine.  

"Sir did you know you were doing 80 in a 55 zone?"...what am I a scientist officer?.." Ok sir your free to go..."

I think its more like getting busted with a pound of weed, Then asking the officer what is his proof, Well the pound of weed in your possession is the proof. Then asking the officer to prove how the weed got into his possession. LOL

All 24 footballs were checked by pressure gauge after the game. All 24 checked at the correct pressure---which is one of the last pieces of the puzzle the league needed to determine with certainty that something fishy happened with the Patriots footballs, because the Colts' balls stayed correctly inflated for the nearly four hours.

Brady said in the presser that he and the equipment guys prepared 24 balls for the game.

The above only accounts for half of them.

The role the other dozen balls played in this hocus-pocus is another piece to the puzzle.

Or was the second dozen prepared by NE for the Colts?

lol

I thought they were all being tongue in cheek with these lame defenses but, no. They're really going for it, en masse.

I surfed over on a Pats board the other day. They are legitimately justifying all of these conspiracy theories to each other; a plethora of idiots acting like they're conducting a spectroscopic study or something. One guy was legitimately trying to cite academic lit.

That's more or less exactly what's happening, as well as perhaps a little old fashioned variance in several areas (for nonscientists, always take the square root of a measurement to set a confidence level, in this case the 1 sigma value is as much as 3.5psi). This is probably not even malice, but just a procedure that the Patriots do to dirty up and texture the ball that has an unintended consequence in cold weather and in certain conditions.

Incidentally, the reason Indies balls have the right psi could be influenced by a number of factors, like where they were placed during the game, did the refs measure the patriots balls first or second, how long where they allowed to equilibriate with the outside world etc

It's not obvious, and yes this is a scientific forensic question now that the experts will need to determine.

I'd like to thank this pats fan scientist for explaining this to us nonscientists.

:-/

Seriously the delusion from these guys is unreal. Your team has been cheating. Their legacy will be that of cheaters. No different than clemens or bonds

Archived