Lethal Weapon Mafia Game - SCUM WINS

Gone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha...catching up still between work...seeing Nolderp battle the biggest blockhead in the game is awesome.  Is this their first confrontation?

Nolderp is right about Smash though. Everything he's saying is spot on.  

Smash, Hali and Tom - as I'm catching up.  I'll have more soon.

Haha...catching up still between work...seeing Nolderp battle the biggest blockhead in the game is awesome. Is this their first confrontation?

Nolderp is right about Smash though. Everything he's saying is spot on.

Smash, Hali and Tom - as I'm catching up. I'll have more soon.

It seems difficult to believe that anyone has me as scum period. Looking forward to your analysis.

For me it's just policy now.

Makes point on policy lynching day reveals.  Policy thing is new but everyone knows he hates day 1 reveals.  Or reveals.  He has refuse to hmself quite often

I know you don't like people claiming VT but I wasn't aware that was policy lynch territory for you.

Fully aware of Nolder not liking policy lynch

It really should be for anyone imo.

Claiming is bad enough, especially on D1.

Claiming VT should be a death sentence.

Lynching her is the safest move going forward.

Makes same point.  Dont have to agree with him.  But not news to anyone.,  We know this. How is it a scumtell?

JiF soft-claimed VT also.  We can't put them all on the chopping block. 

Little push of sarcasm.  

Unvote vote Nolder

This is the first I've heard of Nolder calling for policy lynching VT-claimants.  It's stupid and scummy, IMO.  We can always come back to lynching Hallia at the deadline if we see fit. 

So the fact Nolder use the word policy to describe somethiing we already know he does make him Scum? To me makes him Nolder.  

It's strange.  At the same time almost too strange for him to do as scum. 

Not liking the vote here.

C'mon man.  How many times have we said this about people who play this game and then watched as they flip scum?  lol.

Nice little crappy reasoning to get my vote.

Well... it is wednesday. 

unvote vote Nolder

Decide to put it out there and see how the game reacts.  

I have seen him as scum and I just don;t remember.  I say light fire under him. 

Again baiting people to jump on

To be honest, he'd been playing a pretty town game in my eyes up until this point.  As I mentioned before....we like our shiny objects here.

Admits he thinks Nolder is town.  Hedging for when he flips town?  Making it like everybody does it.

Not terribly damning but I know 80 very well as scum.  We have pulled off some seriously awesome scum wins off together.  To me it's enough to worry about him.  I actually found a very damming post on Lilly too.  I will go get it later.

Tomorrow sometime, and because I have the single most transparent thought process in this thread and I should already be semi-obvious town, even to people who don't know me.

I can't stand when people scream "I'm playing the towniest!". Let your play speak for itself, otherwise this is an easy way to get lynched.

I shall not be voting Tom today, because the loudest tend to show their ass eventually. But he's on notice now.

Krak's alignment could prove informative.

If 80 is capable of this kind of "casual" pushing as scum then he's probably worth dropping to the =Rand group.

His post quoted above:

"C'mon man. How many times have we said this about people who play this game and then watched as they flip scum? lol."

Has bad / scummy tone. The "lol" tacked onto the end especially.

If 80 is capable of this kind of "casual" pushing as scum then he's probably worth dropping to the =Rand group.

His post quoted above:

"C'mon man. How many times have we said this about people who play this game and then watched as they flip scum? lol."

Has bad / scummy tone. The "lol" tacked onto the end especially.

80 plays as a sheeping knucklehead as town.  Plays like a light out beast as scum unless his team is full of players he feels he has no chance with. Like JiF.LOL  Then he will over agressively tank the scum team.  I see a little of both this game.  Not enough to go one way or the other yet.

What don't you like about that? Be specific.

Whatever your tells are, you should discard them or not use them on me since they are inapplicable.

First ping; you asked Smash if you killed him, would it be a bad thing = role fishing

Second ping; you're tying players together on day 1 with zero information = setting up future lynches

Third ping (which I just noticed catching up) = you're town hunting, not scum hunting IMO. You've done more to clear people on D1 than I've ever seen

Fourth ping (which I've noticed but now more than ever) = you're directing the town

These are all huge scum tells for me. I'd love to keep you around, you're a great addition. You're driving content but I've never seen that type of behavior from a townie.

Unvote

Vote Tom

I can't stand when people scream "I'm playing the towniest!". Let your play speak for itself, otherwise this is an easy way to get lynched.

I shall not be voting Tom today, because the loudest tend to show their ass eventually. But he's on notice now.

Krak's alignment could prove informative.

"On notice" for stating what should already be obvious but somehow isn't?

I'm finding this post hard to stomach. This isn't the first time you've made a narrow statement to justify a lean by ignoring the full context.

If you keep using generic reasoning to shoehorn your stances instead of using thread specific events, you're going to end up as a scum suspect pretty quickly.

CTM claimed I was "leading lynches" -- your last sentence here should be remembered were Krak to flip town.

First ping; you asked Smash if you killed him, would it be a bad thing = role fishing

Second ping; you're tying players together on day 1 with zero information = setting up future lynches

Third ping (which I just noticed catching up) = you're town hunting, not scum hunting IMO. You've done more to clear people on D1 than I've ever seen

Fourth ping (which I've noticed but now more than ever) = you're directing the town

These are all huge scum tells for me. I'd love to keep you around, you're a great addition. You're driving content but I've never seen that type of behavior from a townie.

Unvote

Vote Tom

1) That's reaction testing, not role fishing

2) Open speculation on what someone's alignment might mean for someone else is correct play, I'm leaving notes for after my death (though they likely won't be read).

3) That's also how I play and with above average success: clear the towniest players and you can find scum in the remainder. That's just basic POE and it's how games are won.

4) I always do unless I'm in a bad mood.

So you've described an above average town player on POG. Well done.

Again with this sh*t. Do you always do that?

Yes. Nothing is obvious to the town. Everyone is a suspect.

This is false. Some players are always going to be far above average to be town, whether due to their own inability to replicate their town game as scum (we call these one way players) or because their play is so pro-town that it would be outright stupid to play that way as scum, or because they are so pure and genuine sounding that they are almost never scum, there's always players who you can place as off limits as scum candidates in early game and that's what process of elimination (POE) is all about.

I argue it's scummy to think the way you do -- unless you're an absolute idiot, you can definitely find some townies every day. If we played the game your way, town would just flounder around and get picked off. Maybe that's how you guys play but it's not how I do, so get used to it.

I mean what you guys are tacitly admitting right now is that you're not competent enough to solve the game and you're threatened by someone who wants to, and that's just sad. I'm aware that I rarely get it 100% right on D1, but you have to still at least try. Do you want to get better at the game or just remain stagnant?

1) That's reaction testing, not role fishing

2) Open speculation on what someone's alignment might mean for someone else is correct play, I'm leaving notes for after my death (though they likely won't be read).

3) That's also how I play and with above average success: clear the towniest players and you can find scum in the remainder. That's just basic POE and it's how games are won.

4) I always do unless I'm in a bad mood.

So you've described an above average town player on POG. Well done.

OMG stop being so melodramatic. your not dying today.   You are a new guy.  i will make up a rule not to lynch you day 1 and enforce it.  I miss my Ape.  you are like Ape light. i usually don;t like light versions but Im desperate.  

I don't get the strategy of clearing anybody. All that does is lead to confirmation bias. Stupid.

Can't wait for the first Tom and Ape game.

YES

Tom will clear all townies on day 1 and Gaype will catch all scum,  of course by the end of day 1 they'll both have named every player

Archived