Glad Jets didn't listen to me & trade for Gordon. (merged)

32EBoozer

What a Waste of Talent

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon has failed another drug test and now will be subject to a one-year suspension, according to league sources.

[+] Enlargenfl_g_gordts_300x200.jpg
Scott Cunningham/Getty ImagesJosh Gordon has failed another drug test and is now subject to a one-year suspension, according to league sources.

The failed test is the latest in a long line of setbacks for Gordon, whose future in Cleveland and the NFL now will be in question.

Gordon ended the season in controversy when, on Dec. 27, he was suspended for the final game for violating team rules. He would have been suspended for all of 2014 were it not for a new drug testing and punishment policy the NFL implemented that allowed him to return after missing the first 10 games.

He entered the NFL after being dismissed from Baylor for a failed marijuana test. Gordon later told the Houston Chronicle: "It was against school policy, of course, and I was [suspended] in the summer. I've definitely put that part of my life behind me. I don't plan to ever go back there. It was a difficult time, but I learned from it, and I've moved on."

His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, could not be reached for comment.

Gordon caught 24 passes for 303 yards in five games this season. He led the NFL with 1,646 yards in just 14 games in the 2013 season.

Josh Gordon Faces 1-Year Ban for Failed Drug Test: Latest Details and Reaction Scott Cunningham/Getty Images

Matt

Fitzgerald

Jan 25, 2015

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon may not get another chance in the NFL after failing another drug test.

ESPN insider Adam Schefter reported news of Gordon's latest off-field misstep on Sunday:

ProFootballTalk.com added further details:

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller weighed in on the situation:

Former Cleveland tight end Benjamin Watson reached out on Twitter to express concern for the troubled All-Pro receiver:

Gordon led the NFL in receiving in 2013, but a string of bad decisions saw him suspended for two games that year and 11 games this past season.

Those suspensions, save for being held out of this year's season finale for a violation of team rules, were a result of substance abuse. The 23-year-old Gordon's failure to abide by league rules might cost him a promising career.

This is just the latest unfortunate development for a Browns franchise that needs any positive momentum it can muster.

The offense is in relative disarray with a sixth different offensive coordinator in as many years in John DeFilippo and a quarterback situation that’s yet to be solved, in part due to Johnny Manziel’s own questionable decisions away from the gridiron.

Mental issues because he likes to smoke over his career? Com' on, really? Lol that's the problem with this world.. every body has to have a mental issue over an issue. Maybe he is just irresponsible and undisciplined. Maybe he just doesn't care about his career. That's far from a mental illness...

This guy has Maurice Clarrett/Lawrence Phillips written all over him.

Except for the fact that they were actually bad people.

The guy smokes weed, BFD.

This in a league where Mike Vick and Donte Stallworth can still find work. And never mind guys like Ray Rice or AP who will surely be working again next year.

Was Ricky Williams a bad guy too?

The outrage over weed is insane.

Mental issues because he likes to smoke over his career? Com' on, really? Lol that's the problem with this world.. every body has to have a mental issue over an issue. Maybe he is just irresponsible and undisciplined. Maybe he just doesn't care about his career. That's far from a mental illness...

If smoking weed takes precedence over your career, your future, and the possibility of elevating you and your family's living conditions for generations...after numerous chances...yes, it may very well be a mental issue.

This in a league where Mike Vick and Donte Stallworth can still find work. And never mind guys like Ray Rice or AP who will surely be working again next year.

Lol. Nobody is outraged over weed...its weed over well being that makes him an ass.

FYI, Gordon's most recent infraction was a DWI.  The only difference between him and Stallworth is that Gordon was lucky his drunk ass didn't kill someone.

Gordon's problem isn't just that he smokes weed.

What a f*cking joke suspending him for a year over alcohol. NFL just has it out for this kid. Too bad he didn't do something harmless and legal, like cheat his way to Super Bowl titles.

He's not being suspended for a year just for alcohol.

This was his 3rd offense and he has a DWI which means staying away from alcohol was part of his program.  He couldn't even do that.

this... should be legal already ...

If we suspend Josh Gordon, aren't we suspending our institutions in general? And if we're suspending our institutions in general, aren't we suspending our entire society? Do what you want to do to Josh Gordon, but I'm not going to sit here and listen to you some of you badmouth the United States of America.

FYI, Gordon's most recent infraction was a DWI.  The only difference between him and Stallworth is that Gordon was lucky his drunk ass didn't kill someone.

Gordon's problem isn't just that he smokes weed.

You're right, 100%. Drinking and driving is a very stupid thing to do. And I definitely jumped the gun in assuming it was weed again.

Still, the league had its on him/he's on probation or whatever because of weed. I find that to ve insane.

You know who should be able to have a gripe about weed? The team that pays him, because let's be honest, its the opposite of a performance enhancer.

In 10 years (hopefully) we're going to look back on the past 40 years or so with disgust. Prohibition didn't work the first time and its not working bow.

Archived