Richard Sherman "Pats wont be punished because Goodell and Kraft are best friends"

Matt39

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could be the last straw for a lot of folks, I see this as the league's jump the shark moment and popularity will begin to wane..

enough is enough...

I agree. This is really putting the NFL on the same level as Saturday Morning Wrestling.

I guess there is a certain type of self promoter that bothers me more. Chad Johnson was funny, he didn't insult anybody, he was even self deprecating, like when he threw himself onto the Cleveland fans after a TD and got drenched with beer. Rex doesn't put anyone down or show that he is more important than the team. But guys like Sherman are self promoters with a me first attitude in a team game. That's why I hate to see guys celebrating TD's, while ignoring their teammates who come to congratulate them.  Why didn't Al Toon or Wesley Walker do that?  I guess I'm just an old fogey with values from the 70's and 80's, when players were humble and when Billy White Shoes Johnson or Gastineau danced, it was a novelty. Now it's a novelty when the guy hands the ball to the ref. It's funny, because in that NFL commercial they always show during games, they show various highlights, and at the end, they show the Green Bay receiver cooly tossing the ball to the ref after a TD - because that is much cooler than some stupid dance.

You make sense...

I may not agree with you on Rex, see what he did with the Buffalo's Bill DC, saying that they underperformed last year but you make sense my man...

Thank you!!

Lets GO JETS!!!

The problem is the NFL will control the story, they don't need anybody to lose...They are already controlling the story.

This Bellichick science thing is just there so the shills can make an argument that the Pats didn't cheat.  Any reasonable person knows that science explanation is absolutely absurd - but the Pats can throw it out there so ESPN, NFL Network and other shills like Boomer Esiason can explain it away.

Hearing Sherman say what he said is very refreshing - hopefully more will come out and do that same.

You are probably right.  Just beyond sad and pathetic.

This is the other question....How much power does Kraft really wield.  In reality he's only one of 32 votes.  There has to be a group of owners that despise him - are there enough to force out Goodell?

Who's still in Kraft's corner?

If the majority of owners want a heavy fine on the Pats there will be a heavy fine on the Pats....If the majority of owners want Goodell fired, Goodell will be fired.  There is no way Goodell is making this decision without hearing from every owner...

It feels more like the owners need to stand up for themselves...

Great post by the way.  I guess it comes down to if the owners love money or the game of Football more.  I know old crypt keeper Al Davis would be on the "bury Kraft" side.  Like the guy or hate him he loved the NFL he help make. 

This is the way I feel too...Just about done - the league really has become a joke and no longer enjoyable to watch.  What begins to happen for me is when you know cheating is going on and nothing is done about it - in fact the league supports the cheaters...Everything then begins to feel like cheating..

I've never been one to buy into the "Pats get all the calls" argument...But right now I believe I was wrong and going forward everything I, unfortunately, will be looking at it from a much more cynical point of view.  If clear and obvious cheating (that by most accounts has been going on for years) is given a slap on the wrist then what else is going on?

The league at this point is a joke ...I am more or less done until something changes.

Thank you...

I have the same feelings but you stated it so much more eloquently than I have in the past and I am relieved that some fans are saying this all is nuts and not I cant wait for my team to cheat as well..

Thanks again!

This could be the last straw for a lot of folks, I see this as the league's jump the shark moment and popularity will begin to wane..

enough is enough...

Nice post , I agree totally...the rule changes have beaten me down over the years...I feel like I can't celebrate a big play or a big stop on defense until 5 seconds after the play because I am waiting to see if the play counts or not...waiting to see a flag...by the time I figure out the play counts I am settled down already...the days of me jumping out of my seat are gone...it has taken its toll on the product

Edit ...my respone didn't have much to do with your point , which I agre with , lol...but just venting that The game isn't as untouchable as people think..everything can be ruined

This is the problem with one commissioner. Baseball has had the same issue. Really there should be a board of directors in charge of the league to avoid direct conflicts of interest like this one. 

This a GREAT IDEA!!!

Indeed you can have a Chairman of the Board....

Nice!!

Goodell changes the inflation rule to whatever pressure Brady thinks feels good..

Jokingly you write this John, but the truth of the matter is don't be surprised if the league doesn't institute this into the rules after the Super Bowl during the owner's meetings.

How can the other owners just sit back and allow this stuff to continue to go on with that team and that commissioner? I mean there have been a lot of instances when Brady and Belichick ran up the scoreboard on probably 20 of those owner's teams and they can't be too enthralled with the Cheatriots or their coach, QB, and owner 

Jokingly you write this John, but the truth of the matter is don't be surprised if the league doesn't institute this into the rules after the Super Bowl during the owner's meetings.

How can the other owners just sit back and allow this stuff to continue to go on with that team and that commissioner? I mean there have been a lot of instances when Brady and Belichick ran up the scoreboard on probably 20 of those ownert's teams and they can't be too enthralled with the Cheatriots or their coach, QB, and owner 

Funny thing with Goodell he was born in NY and was a Jet intern in 1983.. :winking0001:

The reason Goodell has a leash a mile long?

Priorities for this league = Money>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

If I had a vote Mayo Shattuck III would have got it..LOL

Goodell's selection as Commissioner following the retirement of Paul Tagliabue came as no surprise, but it was not a fait accompli. Tagliabue initiated a substantive, wide-ranging search for his successor, appointing a committee headed by owner Dan Rooney of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Goodell was one of five finalists, joining Gregg Levy, Frederick Nance, Robert Reynolds, andI Mayo Shattuck III. With 22 votes from the owners needed to make a choice, Goodell, who oddsmakers had installed as a prohibitive 2:5 favorite to be selected, only garnered 15 votes to Levy's 13, with three votes scattered among the other candidates and the Oakland Raiders abstaining.

On the second and third ballots, Goodell and Levy were the only candidates to receive votes (Goodell 17, Levy 14). Goodell increased his lead to 21–10 after the fourth ballot, falling one vote shy of election, but on the fifth round of voting two owners swung their votes to him to achieve the necessary two-thirds majority (Goodell 23, Levy 8).[15] The Oakland Raidersabstained from the voting in each round.

Goodell was chosen on August 8, 2006, to succeed Paul Tagliabue and assumed office on September 1—the date Tagliabue set to leave office

Funny thing with Goodell he was born in NY and was a Jet intern in 1983.. :winking0001:

Sacks of cash can make any man change his allegiances. What Fidelio wrote here makes a lot of sense and explains what has happened to this fan:  

the league really has become a joke and no longer enjoyable to watch.  What begins to happen for me is when you know cheating is going on and nothing is done about it - in fact the league supports the cheaters...Everything then begins to feel like cheating..

Goodell's selection as Commissioner following the retirement of Paul Tagliabue came as no surprise, but it was not a fait accompli. Tagliabue initiated a substantive, wide-ranging search for his successor, appointing a committee headed by owner Dan Rooney of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Goodell was one of five finalists, joining Gregg Levy, Frederick Nance, Robert Reynolds, andI Mayo Shattuck III. With 22 votes from the owners needed to make a choice, Goodell, who oddsmakers had installed as a prohibitive 2:5 favorite to be selected, only garnered 15 votes to Levy's 13, with three votes scattered among the other candidates and the Oakland Raiders abstaining.

On the second and third ballots, Goodell and Levy were the only candidates to receive votes (Goodell 17, Levy 14). Goodell increased his lead to 21–10 after the fourth ballot, falling one vote shy of election, but on the fifth round of voting two owners swung their votes to him to achieve the necessary two-thirds majority (Goodell 23, Levy 8).[15] The Oakland Raidersabstained from the voting in each round.

Goodell was chosen on August 8, 2006, to succeed Paul Tagliabue and assumed office on September 1—the date Tagliabue set to leave office

The question is, and I'm dead ******* serious, how do we get rid of this ******* guy? The NFL is going to print money as long as fantasy sports exists, it's no surprise that football the game best suited for fantasy play, exploded in popularity at the same time web-based fantasy sports became a thing. People like to point to the baseball strike, but the reality is that web-based fantasy football took a whole tier of sports gambling, so to speak, and made it accessible to EVERYONE. Not just the guys willing to track the stats and points on pen and paper. 

So, given that Goodell is NOT the lynchpin to money-making, one could argue that his failings are the only actual risk to the sports popularity. How do we get rid of him?

Sacks of cash can make any man change his allegiances. What Fidelio wrote here makes a lot of sense and explains what has happened to this fan:  

the league really has become a joke and no longer enjoyable to watch.  What begins to happen for me is when you know cheating is going on and nothing is done about it - in fact the league supports the cheaters...Everything then begins to feel like cheating..

Yup.

Also, if I wanted to watch a "sport" with pre-determined outcomes and storylines, I'd watch wrestling... because those guys put themselves on the line for every second of entertainment they provide, unlike the NFL where they are head-to-toe padded up and only play what 7 total mintues of football over the course of 3 hours of standing around and manipulating the rules?

Gregg Levy

Levy_Gregg_070618.jpg

Roger Goodell

355907sm.jpg

The NFL chose a haircut. Guy with a BS in Economics beats out the NFL's primary outside legal counsel who is a Harvard undergrad and Harvard Law School grad? 

Seriously, look at Levy's resume: http://www.cov.com/glevy/ Dude is so much more qualified than Goodell its a joke. 

Whose dick did Roger suck to get this job?

Gregg Levy

Levy_Gregg_070618.jpg

Roger Goodell

355907sm.jpg

The NFL chose a haircut. Guy with a BS in Economics beats out the NFL's primary outside legal counsel who is a Harvard undergrad and Harvard Law School grad? 

Seriously, look at Levy's resume: http://www.cov.com/glevy/ Dude is so much more qualified than Goodell its a joke. 

Ugh, this is legit making me angry.

Gregg Levy

Levy_Gregg_070618.jpg

Roger Goodell

355907sm.jpg

The guy who has him for dinner and is allowed to cheat?  Just a guess.

Goodell increased his lead to 21–10 after the fourth ballot, falling one vote shy of election, but on the fifth round of voting two owners swung their votes to him to achieve the necessary two-thirds majority (Goodell 23, Levy 8).

Kraft paid off the two owners to get their swing votes for Goodell.

Goodell is forever indebted to Kraft.

The reason Goodell has a leash a mile long?

Priorities for this league = Money>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

I agree that the league has changed and I think Tags wasn't as willing to get along and hence the reason why he wasn't as beloved by this den of thieves ownership that now keep Goodell in place.

Archived