Who the hell does Kraft think he is?!?

indygirl4jets

'

Kraft is far from an intimidating person. The feel I got off of it was smug.. more like a "You can't get us, if you can't supply hard evidence, which I know you won't so where the apology?". Dude is a class A prick.

Completely agree that he is a smug, class A prick...but when you have the power he has - you absolutely leverage that power with intimidation.  Don't do what I say or you'll pay for it.  Demanding an apology already was def. meant to be intimidating.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'

Completely agree that he is a smug, class A prick...but when you have the power he has - you absolutely leverage that power with intimidation. Don't do what I say or you'll pay for it. Demanding an apology already was def. meant to be intimidating.

True. It's almost like he went up there and played the predator to the media instead of let them bombard him with questions. He's pretty much commish lol.

Whether or not they know the fix is in, they are embarrassing themselves to EPIC proportions at this point...

If they are correct in their innocence, they are fine.

If they are incorrect, they look like idiots.

Not for nothing, but how did their 9-year-old daughters react when they found out that Tom Brady dumped his pregnant girlfriend so he could **** a supermodel?

Anyone who ever labored under the delusion that the Pats organization or Tom Brady or Bill Belichick or Bob Kraft were good people or classy in any way is a ******* moron. 

That's a stupid thing to ask.

First off, his kids might not have even been born yet. Second, give me a break.

Patriot fans are entitled to delude themselves about the class of their organization (especially since the media hammers it home) as much as we Jets fans are entitled to delude ourselves every summer that this year will be different. We're all letting ourselves believe something so we can sleep at night.

Sounds like a man with no fear of reprisal.

If you had the person who is responsible for any disciplinary action in your back pocket, would you be afraid? The NFL needs somebody like Leon Hess to bitch slap the pompous drunk Kraft like he did during the Parcells negotiations years ago.

It would be a great start!! :animal0029:

Just kidding my friend... :shake:

I in truth wish this never happened so I could just properly dislike the Pats for football reasons

Cheating or not the undefeated Pats or the 13-3 Pats couldn't beat the 10-6 and 9-7 Giants in the Bowl.. :winking0001:

Cheating or not the undefeated Pats or the 13-3 Pats couldn't beat the 10-6 and 9-7 Giants in the Bowl.. :winking0001:

I think the cheating helps to get them to the big game but the intense scrutiny of the big game may prevent the cheating once there hence the big game failures.

Also, I doubt we see the bogus eligible receiver substitutions they have been using that doesnt give the defense time for their own adjustment / substitutions.

It may or may not not technically be a cheat but an anology would be crooks making bank withdrawals or deposits of a little less than 10K so the IRS doesnt get notified. Not against the rules maybe but Its another way of skirting the law and thats how the Pats** do things to win.

Putin would have already confiscated the rest of his rings and threw him in the Gulag. Goodell is the bottom in a relationship with a nerd who can't get a high five in his own luxury box. If the league bends over and takes it on this I'm actually done with football for the foreseeable future. There's 31 other owners who should consider their product and fans.

Robert Kraft had better be right If NFL finds wrongdoing by Pats in Deflategate, owner's legacy will be destroyed
Originally Published: January 27, 2015
By Ian O'Connor | ESPN.com
Kraft: 'Pats Have Done Nothing Inappropriate'
ESPN Patriots reporter Mike Reiss breaks down team owner Robert Kraft's comments about "Deflategate."

CHANDLER, Ariz. -- Robert Kraft got off the team plane and decided to pick up the blitz for his head coach and quarterback, if only because he felt he had no choice. The walls were closing hard around him, threatening to collapse on top of his staggering NFL success story, and the owner of the New England Patriots figured he had better get as rough and tough as Bill Belichick got Saturday.

No, Kraft didn't put on a bizarre science fair to explain how the home team's footballs could lose air in the AFC Championship Game faster than Andrew Luck's offense did. Instead, the owner stepped to the microphone and read a speech proclaiming that Belichick and Tom Brady had committed no air-pressure felonies or misdemeanors, and that if the NFL's investigation proves just that, he'd "expect and hope that the league would apologize to our entire team, and in particular Coach Belichick and Tom Brady for what they've had to endure this past week."

[+] Enlargebos_g_kraftbel_300x200.jpg
Maddie Meyer/Getty ImagesRobert Kraft appeared at the Patriots' send-off rally Monday and made a bold appearance later in the day when the Patriots arrived in Arizona.

Kraft had better be right here. If he isn't, the three-time Super Bowl champ is going to be best remembered as one of the sport's biggest losers.

Spygate happened on his watch, and now this latest crisis might bleed all the air out of Kraft's legacy as the Everyman superfan who bought a team and built the sport's last dynasty. He called Belichick and Brady "my guys" and "part of my family" and employees who had never lied to him in their 15 years on the job. Kraft said that he was disappointed in how this story had been handled and covered, that he believed "unconditionally" that his Patriots were guilty of nothing, and that -- surprise, surprise -- his franchise is actually the home office for game-day integrity and fair play.

It was a hell of an entrance at the same hotel where the New York Giants stayed seven years ago, right before they beat the Patriots in University of Phoenix Stadium and denied them their dream 19-0 season. Kraft spoke after a Fox Sports report said that the NFL has a Patriots locker room attendant on video carrying those game balls from the officials' room to some place other than the field, and that this staffer is what investigators like to call a person of interest.

Kraft spoke after GQ published an unflattering profile of Roger Goodell that portrayed New England's owner as the commissioner's fiercest advocate, as a supporter who helped land him a compensation package of some $300 million over seven years, and as a public relations adviser who tried steering Goodell through the Ray Rice disaster and who lobbied fellow owners for endorsements when the commissioner was in dire need of them.

Patriots Deflation Controversy bos_brady_belichick_d1_203x114.jpg

Get everything you need to know (updates, commentary, video) about the controversy. Complete coverage »

The GQ profile quoted one veteran NFL executive calling Kraft "the assistant commissioner."

Maybe that characterization inspired "the assistant commissioner" to take the fight to the commissioner for the sake of his own credibility. Maybe Seattle's Richard Sherman did the trick the day before by calling out Kraft and Goodell for getting cozy at the owner's house on the eve of the AFC Championship Game. Or maybe it was the Fox story that sent Kraft over the edge on the flight away from the approaching blizzard back home and toward the desert storm that won't subside until New England faces the defending champs with properly inflated balls (we assume) in Super Bowl XLIX.

If the NFL finds a staffer did indeed take a walk on the wild side with the Patriots' footballs and did break the rules by deflating them to Brady's liking, wow, Kraft will go down as a fool for believing his guys. And let's face it: If Shakespeare were alive and well as a 21st-century football fan, this would be the kind of tragedy he'd dream up -- an organization famous for its Kremlin-like secrecy and paranoia getting caught by the very cameras set up to track the outsiders in its midst.

As soon as Kraft was done with his unscheduled visit to the Super Bowl podium, Belichick took his place and said he had nothing to add to his own unscheduled news conference the other day, a performance met with ridicule in some corners for the coach's overcaffeinated theories and claims. Brady followed him and said he's "moved past" his hurt feelings after critics (and not just those in the media) assailed his own claims of innocence.

Super Bowl XLIX nfl_illustration1x_203x114.jpg

Get all the news and commentary on the Patriots-Seahawks matchup on ESPN.com's Super Bowl Central.

• ESPN.com's NFL Nation:
New England Patriots | Seattle Seahawks
The misunderstood Marshawn Lynch
Inside Slant: Super Bowl QB Report
• How they were built: NE | SEA in.gif
Red Zone Alert | Viewer's guide
• History: NE | SEA | Super Bowl

The quarterback didn't hear Kraft's passionate defense of the entire Patriots program, just a quick summation. "They said as I was walking in that he said some awfully nice things," Brady said.

Or some awfully reckless things. The NFL's outside investigator, Ted Wells, said he still has weeks to go before reaching a conclusion, and yet Kraft has already reached his. He is trusting Belichick, the maker of Spygate, and he is trusting Brady, a quarterback who has said in the past he prefers throwing deflated footballs. Whom should the fans believe? And if the Patriots did break the rules in the first half of a blowout victory over the Colts, were they guilty of outright cheating or simply the kind of gamesmanship that goes on at all levels of sports?

At least one football fan was worth asking after Kraft took the stage Monday night and said what he said. Tim Smyczek, a big Packers fan from Milwaukee, also happens to be the journeyman American tennis player who took Rafael Nadal to the 12th game of the fifth set at the Australian Open last week. That's when someone in the crowd shouted just as Nadal was about to serve, causing a fault that could have helped Smyczek's bid for a once-in-a-lifetime upset. Smyczek insisted that the all-time great replay his first serve, and Nadal won the point and then the match before calling the gesture of sportsmanship "amazing."

Smyczek said by phone that he did for Nadal what any good sport would do, and that his parents taught him long ago that integrity and character were far more important than the score on the board. "I don't know if I know enough about the inflation of a football to give an educated thought on Deflategate," he said, "but I guess I'd be able to tell if a tennis ball was 15 percent flatter than it should be.

"Tom Brady is a great player and Bill Belichick is a great coach, and you can't argue with their records, but this isn't the first time the Patriots have been caught up in stuff like that. If it was intentional cheating, I think that would really be a shame. As a fan I really don't want to believe it and I hope it's all a mistake, but maybe I'm really naïve."

More from ESPN.com

macmullan_jackie_m.jpgBill Belichick's ability to turn adversity into an advantage is being put to the test again with Deflategate, Jackie MacMullan writes. Story

Smyczek the Packers fan was informed that Kraft had unconditionally supported his coach and quarterback in his first public act at Super Bowl XLIX. "It reminds me a little of when Ryan Braun told his friend Aaron Rodgers he didn't cheat with [performance-enhancing drugs]," Smyczek said. "Rodgers was really disappointed when the truth came out, and you hope as a football fan that doesn't happen here."

In the end, Kraft needs the Patriots' story to stand up as much as anyone. If his designated BFF, Goodell, nails the Patriots on a video of an equipment guy taking a detour he shouldn't have taken, the commissioner won't destroy the evidence like he did in the Spygate case.

Those days are over. Kraft is out there on a wobbly limb now, and if he falls he'll end up a much bigger loser than he did the last time his Patriots played a Super Bowl in this corner of the Arizona desert.

Are you serious with this?

The cheating is a done deal, there is no innocence left to speak of...Get real

The only interesting thing I have heard over the last few days is something Belichick said on Saturday.

He said, they ask the refs to pump the balls upto 12.5 before games after they do what they do the balls. 

How true is this statement?  If it is true, the Patriots are innocent.  And if as A-a-ron said, they give them balls that are over inflated in the hopes they just do squeeze test, the refs are a little more complicit in the matter than JN will want to admit.

Wow are there really like 7 related patriots threads here!!

Oh man jet fans are too funny!!

I don't generally break Pats' fans balls. The only other team board i ever posted on was very briefly after HErman Edwards joined the Chiefs. 

At a loss why a Pats fan would post here very often. You can do it, but doesn't make much sense.And some Pats fans seem like decent people who do bring something to the table.  And   to spend your time here the week before the Pats will play in a Super Bowl. lost on me. Why would you give a second of thought as to what Jets fans think when you have a championship game Sunday. Vaya con Dios,

I don't generally break Pats' fans balls. The only other team board i ever posted on was very briefly after HErman Edwards joined the Chiefs. 

At a loss why a Pats fan would post here very often. You can do it, but doesn't make much sense.And some Pats fans seem like decent people who do bring something to the table.  And   to spend your time here the week before the Pats will play in a Super Bowl. lost on me. Why would you give a second of thought as to what Jets fans think when you have a championship game Sunday. Vaya con Dios,

bingo!

we got nuttin over here, enjoy your week of crappolla!

Not for nothing, but how did their 9-year-old daughters react when they found out that Tom Brady dumped his pregnant girlfriend so he could **** a supermodel?

Anyone who ever labored under the delusion that the Pats organization or Tom Brady or Bill Belichick or Bob Kraft were good people or classy in any way is a ******* moron. 

Heard a bunch of people call Brady "classy", but at a loss how they get over that fact. The Mrs. watches "Bluebloods" occasionally, and Ms. Moynahan is still a beautiful woman. Tom Brady is a selfish one way scumbag. And why anyone would not explain to their 9 year old daughter   that some guys are complete assholes like Brady clearly is. To quote Charles Barkley, pro athletes are not role models, and a lot of the time you are rooting for laundry.Know for a fact Eric Barton was a class AAA douchebag who deserves to live in a fridge box under a highway overpass, and yet sometimes was essentially forced to hope he did his job well. 

This thread title evokes an image of a drunken Bob Kraft striding up to a podium, grabbing the mike and proclaiming "I AM KING sh*t OF **** MOUNTAIN!!!!"

The media missed the last line of Kraft's diatribe, 

"Hey, Blondie, what am I paying you for? Get me ANOTHER vodka tonic!"

The only interesting thing I have heard over the last few days is something Belichick said on Saturday.

He said, they ask the refs to pump the balls upto 12.5 before games after they do what they do the balls. 

How true is this statement?  If it is true, the Patriots are innocent.  And if as A-a-ron said, they give them balls that are over inflated in the hopes they just do squeeze test, the refs are a little more complicit in the matter than JN will want to admit.

my original theory was the past* would claim the refs approved the balls for play, but if they delivered tampered balls for play, they are still on the hook.  incompetence by the refs doesn't excuse the tampering, it just makes the refs look like tim donaghy

what's curious to me is where these leaks are coming from.  what's even stranger is how the past* leadership has responded

the leaks make them look very very very bad, but they do the insane thing of beating their cheats and declaring their innocence

do they know the outcome of the investigation already ?

or is the NFL drawing this out for historic SB ratings at the past* expense  ?

it's amazing, this can only end 1 of 2 ways, either krafty belicheat and brady are done in the NFL, I mean george steinbrenner being banned done, or the league winds up apologizing to kraft and declaring the past* innocent 2 weeks after the SB has been played

my original theory was the past* would claim the refs approved the balls for play, but if they delivered tampered balls for play, they are still on the hook.  incompetence by the refs doesn't excuse the tampering, it just makes the refs look like tim donaghy

what's curious to me is where these leaks are coming from.  what's even stranger is how the past* leadership has responded

the leaks make them look very very very bad, but they do the insane thing of beating their cheats and declaring their innocence

it's amazing, this can only end 1 of 2 ways, either krafty belicheat and brady are done in the NFL, I mean george steinbrenner being banned done, or the league winds up apologizing to kraft and declaring the past* innocent 2 weeks after the SB has been played

There is no reason to apologize no matter what the results of the investigation are. There is enough circumstantial evidence where they could impose penalties already. You don't always have a video of the crime. Kraft's press conference was bizarre.  

There is no reason to apologize no matter what the results of the investigation are. There is enough circumstantial evidence where they could impose penalties already. You don't always have a video of the crime. Kraft's press conference was bizarre.  

Indeed if Kraft's position is accepted every NFL player could say the same about failing saying a PED drug test.... 

Could you imagine a player saying "yeah I failed the test put prove I took the drug, if not I want an apology from the NFL". 

Do you know how quickly the press would deride that player out of the league!!

And yet we have an owner saying essentially the same thing and everyone says wow Kraft changed the dynamic of the NFL investigation!!!

Madness...

So true. It's everybody's fault except Kraft. Belichick and Brady and anybody at the Pat's organization. Colts take some responsibility too. How dare they have their footballs properly inflated making it look like it's not rocket science to inflate those footballs. Also to blame that one defective ball that was in the Pat's bag that refused to be impacted by environment changes.

I would hope the NFL, Colts, all AFC teams, fans of all AFC teams, the one defective ball in the Pats bag, the refs, the beer man, the pretzel guy, the cold weather at this time of the year and anyone i missed should all issue a collective apology to the Pats and their fans.

So true. It's everybody's fault except Kraft. Belichick and Brady and anybody at the Pat's organization. Colts take some responsibility too. How dare they have their footballs properly inflated making it look like it's not rocket science to inflate those footballs. Also to blame that one defective ball that was in the Pat's bag that refused to be impacted by environment changes.

I would hope the NFL, Colts, all AFC teams, fans of all AFC teams, the one defective ball in the Pats bag, the refs, the beer man, the pretzel guy, the cold weather at this time of the year and anyone i missed should all issue a collective apology to the Pats and their fans.

Great post.

This is what we've been hearing over the course of a week.  individually they're each ridiculous on their own but when listing all of the culprits the Pats have come up over the past 8 days it's really absurd that anyone is even listening to these guy anymore....This suspension should have happened 5 days ago...

I could not agree more.

It is the old adage.  "The coverup is worse than the crime."

The only way the Patriots get an apology is if the refs dropped the ball.  If the team requesting pumpage upto 12.5 is a normal protocol, then Belichcik laid the gorund work on Saturday saying they requested as much. 

If the team needs to deliver the balls at th emin/max, then the Patriots are going ot get their pepe smacked.

As you missed the point, not surprising, if the protocol is the Patriots can deliver the balls and request the refs to pump up to 12.5 PSI.  Then the onus is on the refs to proove they did as much.  Just saying they did will not hold up.

Now, if the protocol is the balls need to be deliverdd at 12.5, then the Patriots are wrong.

This is how I think the Pats operate. For the most part they play 'by the rules' but they don't adhere to the 'spirit' or the intent of the rule. They look at a rule and they say how can we exploit the rule or take it as close to the edge as possible. It gets into the unethical area. This includes the substitution of eligible receivers but rushing up to the line of scrimmage thus putting the onus on the refs to make the call when the true sportsmanship of the rule is to allow sufficient time for the D to readjust. In this case - the Patriots presented footballs at 12.5 psi to the refs. They may have prepped the ball/ air to be "overinflated" with the hope of deflation as the ball assumed ambient temperature or they prepped the ball post refs evaluation that led to a deflation or softer feel.either way it's unethical but they did adhere to the rule. The intent spirit of the rule was to play with ball between 12.5 and 13.5.

Archived