Sign in to follow this  
MTJ06

Kevin Patullo QB Coach

Errr, he's going from assistant WRs coach to QB coach? I can only hope Gailey plans on doing most of the QB coaching.

exactly what I was thinking.

As you look closer at his bio he's young (35-36) and he played QB at

So. Fla.

But probably has ZERO exp. coaching NFL QB's.
  • Upvote 2

Kid came up through the ranks just like most of today's offensive coordinators did. He was an offensive quality control guy, which basically meant he got the OC his coffee, got the game tapes prepared and made sure all the offensive assistants got what they needed . From that he went on to be a WR coach which basically explains itself and now he's a QBs coach . Next step is OC if he proves worthy. The kid is being trained by a well respected OC in the league who is promoting him slowly.

Does anyone here know what Pep Hamilton's job was under Herman Edwards ?

2007–2009

Howard University (QB)

Howard University (OC)

New York Jets (Offensive QC)

New York Jets (QB)

New York Jets (WR)

this does make me feel better about the hire.

Josh McDaniels was the assistant defensive backs coach in 2003 for the Patriots before he became the QB coach in 2004. McDaniels never played QB in college. He was a wide receiver.

that means nothing when your QB coach is the PSI meter.
  • Upvote 1

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/1/27/7920219/report-jets-to-hire-kevin-patullo-as-qb-coach

His old Bills profile suggests he was in charge of the clubs offensive self-scouting duties and is responsible for computer analysis, statistical and video breakdowns of opponents on a weekly basis.

http://www.jetnation.com/2015/01/27/patullo-rumored-to-be-jets-choice-for-qb-coach-new-york-jets-kevin-patullo-chan-gailey/

Patullo, who played two seasons at USF (2000-2001) and attempted just 25 passes

So my thinking....geesh 25 passes but otoh, offensive self scouting with computer analysis,stats, and vid of opponents....that should mean he studied many NFL QB's in depth. Maybe he's a compute geek and can fix Geno....who knows.....questionable hire to say the least but...well....I suppose Gailey knows who he wants.

Did any of our previous OC's know what they want? I wish we could find one quality OC and stick to him.

Galac has been with the Jets since 2012, Cool name but not new to the Jets...

yeah, I didn't think they got rid of that part of the staff.

First thing he needs to do is explain to Geno that he can play even when he's not in Miami then sign a vet to replace him.

lol I love it.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company