Kevin Patullo QB Coach

MTJ06

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/1/27/7920219/report-jets-to-hire-kevin-patullo-as-qb-coach

His old Bills profile suggests he was in charge of the clubs offensive self-scouting duties and is responsible for computer analysis, statistical and video breakdowns of opponents on a weekly basis.

http://www.jetnation.com/2015/01/27/patullo-rumored-to-be-jets-choice-for-qb-coach-new-york-jets-kevin-patullo-chan-gailey/

Patullo, who played two seasons at USF (2000-2001) and attempted just 25 passes

So my thinking....geesh 25 passes but otoh, offensive self scouting with computer analysis,stats, and vid of opponents....that should mean he studied many NFL QB's in depth.  Maybe he's a compute geek and can fix Geno....who knows.....questionable hire to say the least but...well....I suppose Gailey knows who he wants. 

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/1/27/7920219/report-jets-to-hire-kevin-patullo-as-qb-coach

His old Bills profile suggests he was in charge of the clubs offensive self-scouting duties and is responsible for computer analysis, statistical and video breakdowns of opponents on a weekly basis.

http://www.jetnation.com/2015/01/27/patullo-rumored-to-be-jets-choice-for-qb-coach-new-york-jets-kevin-patullo-chan-gailey/

Patullo, who played two seasons at USF (2000-2001) and attempted just 25 passes

So my thinking....geesh 25 passes but otoh, offensive self scouting with computer analysis,stats, and vid of opponents....that should mean he studied many NFL QB's in depth. Maybe he's a compute geek and can fix Geno....who knows.....questionable hire to say the least but...well....I suppose Gailey knows who he wants.

Did any of our previous OC's know what they want? I wish we could find one quality OC and stick to him.

So he hasn't coached a QB before, or played QB much. Big deal, IMHO. We're not hiring him to be a QB, we're hiring him to be a coach.

I'd rather have a good coach who isn't a good QB, than a good QB who isn't a good coach.

Coaching is about getting the most out of the talent that someone else has. I'd expect Gailey will work with him to agree the overall program, and Patullo will be the guy working 24/7 on the details.

During his time in Buffalo, new Jets offensive coordinator Chan Gailey was the Bills head coach, so it stands to reason that Auman is a Gailey hire,

Do people even proofread their work anymore? It's the sign of the times...everyone is so busy trying to be the first to break a story, that they make mistakes.

This is where I begin to hesitate to support Bowles. We need a QB coach who is able to teach a QB how to be a effective QB at the Pro Level. 

There are a couple of important aspects in doing this, one is mechanics and such and one is just having a guy that knows how to go about making a player better, whether be a pat on the back or a kick in the ass.

I would assume the search for the position went something like this, looked at a few candidates who mayor may not have been interested and then Galley said 'Hey I know a guy. super smart young guy, hard worker I'll vouch for him.'

I don't mind a different approach because we have had the avid Lees and Matt Cavanaughs of the world and that sure as hell did not work.

Awfully excited about a guy that none of us know anything about. But hey, love your energy

Allow me to explain then . I am all about continuity when it comes to building a team and developing a QB. Chan Gailey is 64 years old and probably won't be coaching much longer. He has this young kid who has been with him, breaking down tapes, and working with the receivers and now the QBs all in his system soaking up what the Teacher is giving to the players .

He learns the system by breaking down the tapes with the coaches.

He learns what the WR are expected to do by working with them going over their assignments.

He learns what the QBs are expected to do by working with them and going over what is expected and what is different from week to week.

You put everything together, and you develop an OC for the future  when the Teacher retires.

These coordinators don't grow on trees. They are developed in systems , and they take what they have learned and add their own flavor to it.

If he is reuniting with Gailey I have no issue with the hire...Gailey and Bowles both know QB coach is CRITICAL to their staff

...Patullo graduated from South Florida after playing both quarterback and wide receiver from 1999 to 2002.

A native of Hillsborough, N.J., Patullo and his wife, Nichole, have a daughter, Lauren, and son, Logan.

....Hey, I used to live in Hillsborough, NJ.  He looks a lot like  the bartender at the Charlie Brown's on route 206.

Archived