Moving Wilkerson and Coples

RESNewYork

Since Bowles runs a 3-4 defense, would it be possible to move Wilkerson to the nose and Coples to the end position? I know Wilkerson lined up at the nose last season on passing downs.  Coples also had success playing the end position in the 3-4 which I think is his ideal position. Even more so than the end spot on a 4-3. 

I guess the question is can Wilkerson play the nose full time.  He definitely has the frame.

Since Bowles runs a 3-4 defense, would it be possible to move Wilkerson to the nose and Coples to the end position? I know Wilkerson lined up at the nose last season on passing downs.  Coples also had success playing the end position in the 3-4 which I think is his ideal position. Even more so than the end spot on a 4-3. 

I guess the question is can Wilkerson play the nose full time.  He definitely has the frame.

Jets have an excellent NT in Snacks.  Why fix something that isn't broke?

Bowles doesn't run a 3-4, it's mostly a 4-3 with some other formations sprinkled in.

that's my understanding as well...Which would be ideal for the Jets.  - Coples hand in the dirt would be a major upgrade to this D.

But even still - from everything we've heard about Bowles is, he creates the defense to best suit is talent - as opposed to force a square peg in a round hole we've seen in the past. 

I am still a huge fan of Coples. And while Rex is a brilliant D-coordinator, I think Bowles is better at making his system fit his players. So I could see Coples exploding under Bowles. I could see the jets moving Wilkerson only because he is closer to a big contract and would be more coveted by a team that is need of a stud D-lineman. Richardson has already surpassed (in my mind) Mo Wilk as the best player on the dline. 

Archived