Are Jets even chasing Carter?

SouthernJet

Pedigree and had great CFL year!!!!!! His Dad may be saying 'put your future on Andrew Luck' thiugh :(

Colts, Duron Carter near deal
Updated: January 28, 2015, 12:17 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

•  

Wide receiver Duron Carter is closing in on an agreement with the Indianapolis Colts, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The looming signing of WR Duron Carter from the CFL could push a couple of Colts veteran WRs out the door sooner than expected, writes Mike Wells. Story

Carter, the son of Hall of Famer and current ESPN analyst Cris Carter, played for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League last season.

It has been reported that Carter wasn't eligible to sign with an NFL team until Feb. 10, but the Indianapolis Star reported that the receiver has an agreement with the Alouettes that he will be released from his contract immediately if he signs an NFL contract.

The 6-foot-5 receiver was very productive in the CFL last season with 75 catches for 1,030 yards and seven touchdowns.

Besides the Colts, Carter, 23, has drawn interest from the Minnesota VikingsCarolina Panthers,Washington RedskinsSan Francisco 49ers and Cleveland Browns

Carter might have had a more traditional path to the NFL if not for academic issues at Ohio State and Alabama. He went undrafted in 2013.

Pedigree and had great CFL year!!!!!! His Dad may be saying 'put your future on Andrew Luck' thiugh :(

Colts, Duron Carter near deal
Updated: January 28, 2015, 12:17 AM ET
ESPN.com news services
  •  

Wide receiver Duron Carter is closing in on an agreement with the Indianapolis Colts, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The looming signing of WR Duron Carter from the CFL could push a couple of Colts veteran WRs out the door sooner than expected, writes Mike Wells. Story

Carter, the son of Hall of Famer and current ESPN analyst Cris Carter, played for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League last season.

It has been reported that Carter wasn't eligible to sign with an NFL team until Feb. 10, but the Indianapolis Star reported that the receiver has an agreement with the Alouettes that he will be released from his contract immediately if he signs an NFL contract.

The 6-foot-5 receiver was very productive in the CFL last season with 75 catches for 1,030 yards and seven touchdowns.

Besides the Colts, Carter, 23, has drawn interest from the Minnesota VikingsCarolina Panthers,Washington RedskinsSan Francisco 49ers and Cleveland Browns

Carter might have had a more traditional path to the NFL if not for academic issues at Ohio State and Alabama. He went undrafted in 2013.

I saw an article about him and thought the same thing.  This is where bringing a whole new FO and CS puts us at a disadvantage.  With our cap space we can definitely afford him.... 

We're talking about the guy who will be lucky to make an NFL roster next year? Give me a break. There's another chump (Chad Owens) who basically put up the same stats over there and he couldn't make an NFL roster either. Stop with the ridiculous hype around this kid just because his dad happened to be good. I mean there's nothing wrong with giving him a shot like all the other free agents out there and this is what teams do anyway, they bring in dozens of players right now, filling up their rosters. But considering that a couple of teams have shown interest in the same guy it makes no sense for teams that either don't have any WR depth or a decent QB situation to join the race. He's not gonna go to a place that has a bunch of good receivers or a cloudy QB situation. That puts him in the same spot as most undrafted free agents. They have a couple of offers and they're gonna try to pick the best situation. Doesn't mean they'll make the team, much less become impact type players. Let him sign with whoever, I doubt he'll ever be more than a #4/#5 receiver in the NFL.

We're talking about the guy who will be lucky to make an NFL roster next year? Give me a break. There's another chump (Chad Owens) who basically put up the same stats over there and he couldn't make an NFL roster either. Stop with the ridiculous hype around this kid just because his dad happened to be good. I mean there's nothing wrong with giving him a shot like all the other free agents out there and this is what teams do anyway, they bring in dozens of players right now, filling up their rosters. But considering that a couple of teams have shown interest in the same guy it makes no sense for teams that either don't have any WR depth or a decent QB situation to join the race. He's not gonna go to a place that has a bunch of good receivers or a cloudy QB situation. That puts him in the same spot as most undrafted free agents. They have a couple of offers and they're gonna try to pick the best situation. Doesn't mean they'll make the team, much less become impact type players. Let him sign with whoever, I doubt he'll ever be more than a #4/#5 receiver in the NFL.

This.

I read he may not even stick. Not sure why it's a story, other than his lame ads father.

Agreed. That Kurt Warner type stuff happens once in a blue moon. 

Archived