Sign in to follow this  
UnitedWhofans

On this Super Bowl day....

I thought that I could remind Jets fans that they have more Super Bowls than....

Vikings

Titans/Oilers

Texans

Jaguars

Lions

Browns

Eagles

Bengals

Chargers

Falcons

Panthers

Bills

Cardinals

And have as many Super Bowls as....

Chiefs

Rams

Saints

Bears

Buccaneers

So the Jets are on better footing or are on equal footing with 18 teams out of 31.

Think about that.

Edited by UnitedWhofans

The Cubs have more World Series wins than a lot of teams, but that is just a cold comfort.

I can't cling to two things that happened over a combined 150 years ago. I want championships in my lifetime.

I thought that I could remind Jets fans that they have more Super Bowls than....

Vikings

Titans/Oilers

Texans

Jaguars

Lions

Browns

Eagles

Bengals

Chargers

Falcons

Panthers

Bills

Cardinals

And have as many Super Bowls as....

Chiefs

Rams

Saints

Bears

So the Jets are on better footing or are on equal footing with 17 teams out of 31.

Think about that.

Don't the Bucs also have one?

The Cubs have more World Series wins than a lot of teams, but that is just a cold comfort.

I can't cling to two things that happened over a combined 150 years ago. I want championships in my lifetime.

It's not clinging. It's a matter of fact. Pure and simple.

I saw Supe III live it was a great 25th birthday present how about you??? 

I turned 3 the month before.  My best present was a spoon my Uncle Splinter carved out of an old oar he found.  

I turned 3 the month before. My best present was a spoon my Uncle Splinter carved out of an old oar he found.

We talked about this. You are confusing your life with the story of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles again.

We talked about this. You are confusing your life with the story of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles again.

Yes. If I walked backwards and painted myself green.  

I was tempted to go there. You did. Wonderful

I turned 3 the month before.  My best present was a spoon my Uncle Splinter carved out of an old oar he found.  

Now I bet you wish he would have kept the oar at it's original size..LOL

Now I bet you wish he would have kept the oar at it's original size..LOL

Then I would have a matching set.

It's not clinging. It's a matter of fact. Pure and simple.

It's absolutely clinging. It happened 46 years ago. That my team won a championship 16 years before I was born doesn't really do it for me. 

It's absolutely clinging. It happened 46 years ago. That my team won a championship 16 years before I was born doesn't really do it for me. 

I'm not saying go out and celebrate it. I'm just questioning why there is so much vitriol from all places against this org. ( some of it deserved) and yet you don't hear a peep from Detroit fans and Cleveland fans, who have had it worse. 

I'm a Yankee fan. Do I celebrate that they won the 1927 World Series? No, but it's nice to know.

Given the fact that the Yankees have won 1 title in 15 years.

Edited by UnitedWhofans

I'm not saying go out and celebrate it. I'm just questioning why there is so much vitriol from all places against this org. ( some of it deserved) and yet you don't hear a peep from Detroit fans and Cleveland fans, who have had it worse. 

I'm sure you would hear it if you posted on Lions or Browns message boards or lived in Detroit or Cleveland.

I'm sure you would hear it if you posted on Lions or Browns message boards or lived in Detroit or Cleveland.

But it comes nationally too, which is interesting.

But it comes nationally too, which is interesting.

Because it's New York City. If the draft were held in Cleveland every year, the Browns' fans would have reps as huge, bitter assholes.

Because it's New York City. If the draft were held in Cleveland every year, the Browns' fans would have reps as huge, bitter assholes.

Figured that it would be that. Now the draft's in Chicago

Figured that it would be that. Now the draft's in Chicago

I think that is just for this year. It's gonna roam from town to town.

Jets fans get drunk and wish for good numbers in football pools its all we have on this day

This is what I thought. Then I got 3 and 6 as my numbers. Another 100 dollars wasted. FML.

i was 4.  heres perspective.................the new york Jets won the superbowl BEFORE we as a nation walked on the moon. I might personally walk on the moon before we do it again. 

i was 4.  heres perspective.................the new york Jets won the superbowl BEFORE we as a nation walked on the moon. I might personally walk on the moon before we do it again. 

Arent we trying to walk on Mars now maybe there is hope 

I think that is just for this year. It's gonna roam from town to town.

Whatever team Revis signs for that's the town it will be held in..

Am I justifying them? No. Just count your blessings

What Blessings? we have sucked like a 2 dollar hooker for 46 years.

But just think if you bottled a wine when we last won the SB. It would taste so good!