F*cking Bevell

sourceworx

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The play before halftime is an example of going against the grain and dealing with the Pats.  I hate them, but I think the Pats under Belichick and Revis in particular are excellent at knowing where the ball is going to go.  Before the half it seemed that the CB was setting up to defend the fade.  By throwing the ball short, they caught him.  At the end, they tried a standard pick play.  The WR seemed to have plenty of opportunity to beat the CB to that ball, but he alligator armed it and didn't run through hard.  It seemed like he got hit early, but they were not going to make that call in that game, particularly to reward that (lack of) effort.

The amount of attention to detail the Pats have(including messing with the air pressure of the ball) is insane. Plenty of games are over before certain teams take the field. The Jets matched up so much better against the Pats when Rex had a real staff around him. Belichicks got a RPI grad running his defense and whoever this Ernie Adams genius is in the booth.

I just read that buzz from the Seahawks locker room is that Carroll wanted Russell Wilson to be the hero, not Marshawn Lynch, because they know they have to pay Wilson... but wanted to maintain good negotiating position with Beast Mode.

Something tells me this team never recovers from this.

I also read this "We were conscious of how much time was on the clock, and we wanted to use it all" Bevel.  

No matter how you and Shame tries to change history with all these theories; the fact remains with his worst decision ever in professional sports.  Tomorrow I will hear that the reason Lynch was not given the ball to go for half of yard was because he was exhausted and tired.   I know down deep in your little heart (lol) that are you still holding some hope for Idzik/Bevel.    :lololol:

I just read that buzz from the Seahawks locker room is that Carroll wanted Russell Wilson to be the hero, not Marshawn Lynch, because they know they have to pay Wilson... but wanted to maintain good negotiating position with Beast Mode.

Something tells me this team never recovers from this.

honestly, and I said this elsewhere .. trying to make Wilson the hero is the only angle I can figure

The amount of attention to detail the Pats have(including messing with the air pressure of the ball) is insane. Plenty of games are over before certain teams take the field. The Jets matched up so much better against the Pats when Rex had a real staff around him. Belichicks got a RPI grad running his defense and whoever this Ernie Adams genius is in the booth.

And he also matches well against them when he was given garbage last year by idzik.  How Rex was able to contain Brady with a 6th round safety and a career back up at CB along with Landry and pryor at safety, I don’t know.   The Jets lost both game by a combine 3 points and needed some refs’ intervention in both games.

And he also matches well against them when he was given garbage last year by idzik.  How Rex was able to contain Brady with a 6th round safety and a career back up at CB along with Landry and pryor at safety, I don’t know.   The Jets lost both game by a combine 3 points and needed some refs’ intervention in both games.

They've also been demolished a bunch of times. Keeping it close means little imo.

They've also been demolished a bunch of times. Keeping it close means little imo.

blah blah blah .. legion of boom failed for the same reason wrecks did.. no offense

you can keep going 3 and out, yielding field position and expect to shut down a good offense

the nfl doesn't work like that anymore

blah blah blah .. legion of boom failed for the same reason wrecks did.. no offense

you can keep going 3 and out, yielding field position and expect to shut down a good offense

the nfl doesn't work like that anymore

They did it all throughout the season and all throughout last year. Brady and Belichick put together a perfect game plan to attack. Great QB and great coach...Denver lacked one of those last year.

It didn't happen a lot but when it did usually involve very poor QB play like the Bills's game this year when Geno set the record with a zero QB rating.   

It didn't happen a lot but when it did usually involve very poor QB play like the Bills's game this year when Geno set the record with a zero QB rating.   

Belichick and Brady have made Rex's defense look silly plenty of times though...granted turnovers dont help...but Belichick vs Rex is still a massive mismatch.

They did it all throughout the season and all throughout last year. Brady and Belichick put together a perfect game plan to attack. Great QB and great coach...Denver lacked one of those last year.

belicheat is terrible

This theory is nonsensical BS with zero merit IMO. If it had any at all, they wouldn't have given it to Lynch on the previous play that got them to the one yard line.

However, I understand why this stuff has come up and it just goes to show just how bad the play call was. It's so unfathomable that people are trying to come up with a reason that would make sense and there are so few that it spawns theories like this.

This theory is likely BS, but there were multiple reports earlier in the season that there was discord in Seattle locker room because no one likes Wilson who was Caroll's pet.

Belichick and Brady have made Rex's defense look silly plenty of times though...granted turnovers dont help...but Belichick vs Rex is still a massive mismatch.

Exactly, like in the playoff game when the Pats were super-favorite #1 seed against the Jets at home.  He manages to outmaneuver or outcoached Billicheat with Sanchez at QB, NO?  But yes Rex without a franchise QB or at the very least a competent QB is a mismatch against Billicheat and Brady.

not buying the conspiracy theory.  hard to believe with everything going on after the miracle catch, lynch gets you to the 1 yard line, clock is running, you have to get the TD, the thought creeps into their minds.....

"if we let marshawn score he's going to want more money"

nah

not buying the conspiracy theory.  hard to believe with everything going on after the miracle catch, lynch gets you to the 1 yard line, clock is running, you have to get the TD, the thought creeps into their minds.....

"if we let marshawn score he's going to want more money"

nah

Exactly, that is a thin line for a coach to cross.  I don't believe for a second that a coach who is about to win the SB will think about someone's contract.  My take is that Bevel got too cute or was just clueless.  Three chance for half of a yard and the first play is a slant.  That is just insane anyway you look at it.  I don't even think shotty was capable of pulling that stunt.  

This theory is nonsensical BS with zero merit IMO.  If it had any at all, they wouldn't have given it to Lynch on the previous play that got them to the one yard line.

However, I understand why this stuff has come up and it just goes to show just how bad the play call was.  It's so unfathomable that people are trying to come up with a reason that would make sense and there are so few that it spawns theories like this.

I think it's hilarious. No credibility whatsoever, but hilarious what people will come up with. 

I also read this "We were conscious of how much time was on the clock, and we wanted to use it all" Bevel.  

No matter how you and Shame tries to change history with all these theories; the fact remains with his worst decision ever in professional sports.  Tomorrow I will hear that the reason Lynch was not given the ball to go for half of yard was because he was exhausted and tired.   I know down deep in your little heart (lol) that are you still holding some hope for Idzik/Bevel.    :lololol:

What are you ******* talking about?

honestly, and I said this elsewhere .. trying to make Wilson the hero is the only angle I can figure

Then just have him run it in. You've posted that still of him making the pass, no defenders in the middle of the field and daylight between the LG and center, he could have walked in if he hit that hole.

Anyway, it's funny to discuss if nothing else. 

This theory is likely BS, but there were multiple reports earlier in the season that there was discord in Seattle locker room because no one likes Wilson who was Caroll's pet.

Interesting that (unless I missed it) Wilson has been hiding under a rock since the Super Bowl. Dude threw a bad pass and is letting other people take the heat. Maybe there is something to the idea that he's a douchebag behind the scenes. It wasn't too long ago that NC State was moving him along so they could start Glennon.

Interesting that (unless I missed it) Wilson has been hiding under a rock since the Super Bowl. Dude threw a bad pass and is letting other people take the heat. Maybe there is something to the idea that he's a douchebag behind the scenes. It wasn't too long ago that NC State was moving him along so they could start Glennon.

Don't think Wilson called for the pass

Archived