F*cking Bevell

sourceworx

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The amount of attention to detail the Pats have(including messing with the air pressure of the ball) is insane. Plenty of games are over before certain teams take the field. The Jets matched up so much better against the Pats when Rex had a real staff around him. Belichicks got a RPI grad running his defense and whoever this Ernie Adams genius is in the booth.

I think Rex matches up well.  He knew he had to play the Pats twice a year and can monkey with schemes.  IMO the main issue is the offense.  Belichick had been letting the D go to pot and relied on the O.  Even with stiffs they scheme a decent bend but don't break.  The Jets offense has been so bad that playing that kind of team helped because it gave them a rhythm and some confidence. Against stiffs like Sanchez and Geno you don't want to give them a free ride to the 35.  You just step on their necks.  The Pats D seems a bit better the past couple of years

What is a "true HC candidate"?

And

You think Quinn called a good game?

Someone who can be more than just a good coordinator.  Bevell showed the world that he was incapable of making the simplest of decisions without f*cking up.  Quinn "blowing" a 10 pt lead, albeit to a HoF QB, is not particularly impressive.  But I'd say there's good reason Quinn was on the radar of several teams whereas Bevell didn't seem to get a single call.

Then just have him run it in. You've posted that still of him making the pass, no defenders in the middle of the field and daylight between the LG and center, he could have walked in if he hit that hole.

Anyway, it's funny to discuss if nothing else. 

I look at that picture and I throw that ball 10 out of 10.  I don't even wait, I just turn around with my hands up and signal TD.

Interesting that (unless I missed it) Wilson has been hiding under a rock since the Super Bowl. Dude threw a bad pass and is letting other people take the heat. Maybe there is something to the idea that he's a douchebag behind the scenes. It wasn't too long ago that NC State was moving him along so they could start Glennon.

if blaming the players, more on the WR... that being said, should've never been put in that spot to begin with. Your boy is the worst

Someone who can be more than just a good coordinator. Bevell showed the world that he was incapable of making the simplest of decisions without f*cking up. Quinn "blowing" a 10 pt lead, albeit to a HoF QB, is not particularly impressive. But I'd say there's good reason Quinn was on the radar of several teams whereas Bevell didn't seem to get a single call.

Soooooooo, you know that Quinn can be more than just a good coordinator based on what?

if blaming the players, more on the WR... that being said, should've never been put in that spot to begin with. Your boy is the worst

If the roles are reversed and Brady throws the pick in that spot, this message board would be flooded with semen and Brady Chokes threads.

Interesting that (unless I missed it) Wilson has been hiding under a rock since the Super Bowl. Dude threw a bad pass and is letting other people take the heat. Maybe there is something to the idea that he's a douchebag behind the scenes. It wasn't too long ago that NC State was moving him along so they could start Glennon.

lol. Same lame excuses you used to pound us in defending Idzik.  Like it was Rex's fault when Idzik replaced Revis and Cro with Allen, Walls and Patterson. Your boy Bevel will never be a HC ever not after the worst decision in the history of the sport.  We dodged a bullet thanks to Idzik blatant sabotaging.  

#Idzik/Bevel  :animal0029: LOL

lol. Same lame excuses you used to pound us in defending Idzik.  Like it was Rex's fault when Idzik replaced Revis and Cro with Allen, Walls and Patterson. Your boy Bevel will never be a HC ever not after the worst decision in the history of the sport.  We dodged a bullet thanks to Idzik blatant sabotaging.  

#Idzik/Bevel  :animal0029: LOL

Idzik / Bevell ticket might be so bad that they are good

lol. Same lame excuses you used to pound us in defending Idzik. Like it was Rex's fault when Idzik replaced Revis and Cro with Allen, Walls and Patterson. Your boy Bevel will never be a HC ever not after the worst decision in the history of the sport. We dodged a bullet thanks to Idzik blatant sabotaging.

#Idzik/Bevel :animal0029: LOL

The Bills Mafia chimes in.

lol. Same lame excuses you used to pound us in defending Idzik. Like it was Rex's fault when Idzik replaced Revis and Cro with Allen, Walls and Patterson. Your boy Bevel will never be a HC ever not after the worst decision in the history of the sport. We dodged a bullet thanks to Idzik blatant sabotaging.

#Idzik/Bevel :animal0029: LOL

The irony is JI was axed for sabotaging Rex.

Bill Belichick: Criticism of Seahawks play-call “totally out of line”

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 4, 2015, 11:01 AM EST

Super Bowl Football

AP

While most of the known world has weighed in on Seattle’s late-game play-calling, and the majority of that weight has fallen against them, there is one person objecting.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick himself said the criticism of the second-and-1 slant pass which was intercepted to seal the win for his team was “totally out of line.”

“There has been a lot of criticism that I don’t think is anywhere close to being deserved or founded,” Belichick said on WEEI, via Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com. “That football team is very good, very well-coached, and Pete does a great job.

“Malcolm [butler] and Brandon [browner], on that particular play, just made a great play. I think the criticism they’ve gotten for the game is totally out of line and by a lot of people who I don’t think are anywhere near even qualified to be commenting on it.”

Belichick was also gracious to the Seahawks, knowing himself what it’s like to come so close and lose.

“I wouldn’t be able to say enough about Seattle. They’re a great football team, well coached. They deserve so much credit for what they’ve done, and how well they’ve done it,” he said. “I know they are disappointed as we’ve been in that spot a couple times ourselves. So the high that we feel is probably not as high as the low that they feel. But that’s a really good football team.”

Of course, Belichick also benefited from the decision by offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and the Seahawks, so he’s not going to complain, either.

Just to reiterate what is going on here.  T0mShane is using a quote by Bill Belichick to justify why he's not wrong. 

You know, the guy his idol Bill Parcells hand-picked to be the coach here, then promptly resigned after one day and cheated his way to 4 Super Bowl titles.  Yeah, that's the guy who Shane is using to support his claim that Bevell should be an NFL Head Coach.

I'm officially taking crazy pills.

Just to reiterate what is going on here.  T0mShane is using a quote by Bill Belichick to justify why he's not wrong. 

You know, the guy his idol Bill Parcells hand-picked to be the coach here, then promptly resigned after one day and cheated his way to 4 Super Bowl titles.  Yeah, that's the guy who Shane is using to support his claim that Bevell should be an NFL Head Coach.

Belicheat - (Brady + Cheating + Bevell) = Kotite

T0mShame = poo on a stick

Just to reiterate what is going on here. T0mShane is using a quote by Bill Belichick to justify why he's not wrong.

You know, the guy his idol Bill Parcells hand-picked to be the coach here, then promptly resigned after one day and cheated his way to 4 Super Bowl titles. Yeah, that's the guy who Shane is using to support his claim that Bevell should be an NFL Head Coach.

I don't care if Bevell hangs himself from a birch tree this afternoon. What are you going on about?

I don't care if Bevell hangs himself from a birch tree this afternoon. What are you going on about?

Yet you keep defending him in this thread for reasons unknown.  

Only thing Belichick is doing by praising Bevell is probably waiting for the Seahawk offense to take a downturn, Bevell to get let go, and bring him in to replace McDaniels.

TOm Shane is completely lost down the rabbit hole. We may have to start talking about him in past tense. 

Anybody find a current or former player who liked this call yet?  There's gonna' have to be one at some point because there always is.  I think Warren Moon said it was a good call, but we should probably take the comments of any Seahawks employees with a grain of salt.

Earlier in the thread I was listing all of the current/former players and coaches who called it anything from "terrible" to "the worst call in history" but I just couldn't keep up with all of them.

Anybody find a current or former player who liked this call yet?  There's gonna' have to be one at some point because there always is.  I think Warren Moon said it was a good call, but we should probably take the comments of any Seahawks employees with a grain of salt.

Earlier in the thread I was listing all of the current/former players and coaches who called it anything from "terrible" to "the worst call in history" but I just couldn't keep up with all of them.

Personal opinion here-A horrible call should be judged on the merits of its strategy, not its results.

Is it the play that I would have run in that situation?-NO. But, I can see where it would work, and I can see the strategy behind it. The Beast had gotten stuffed in short yardage situations in that game. NE does have a stout short yardage defense. So, I understand the strategy.

In the end, it was probably too cute. But as a strategy, I can understand it.

The "Miracle in the Meadowlands'-That is horrible strategy that has no chance at success.. Different situation, different earning on the line, I understand.

But people want to quickly jump to "Comic Book Guy" type conclusions so quickly.

Personal opinion here-A horrible call should be judged on the merits of its strategy, not its results.

Is it the play that I would have run in that situation?-NO. But, I can see where it would work, and I can see the strategy behind it. The Beast had gotten stuffed in short yardage situations in that game. NE does have a stout short yardage defense. So, I understand the strategy.

In the end, it was probably too cute. But as a strategy, I can understand it.

The "Miracle in the Meadowlands'-That is horrible strategy that has no chance at success.. Different situation, different earning on the line, I understand.

But people want to quickly jump to "Comic Book Guy" type conclusions so quickly.

That's what I was basing it on, not the outcome but the strategy.  If I have Lynch and two or three shots to pick up a yard against a winded defense, I run it every single time to let him get the 36''.  Play design was fine, I had no issues with that.  Issue was that the best designed pass play in the history of the  NFL should not have been used in that situation.  To each his own, but I'd go with the 50 or so pros who have said pretty much the same thing.  Golic was the first person I heard "defending" the play based on, as you said, the design.  He said it was well designed and if everybody does their job they win the game.  However, he followed that up with "That being said, if it's me I'm giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch".

I don't read comic books so I got nothin' on that.

TOm Shane is completely lost down the rabbit hole. We may have to start talking about him in past tense. 

I miss the old T0m.  The guy who posted the rant from Jaws, causing teh Falcon to lose his mind.  The T0m who once played Mafia with us.  The T0m that didn't accuse Max of conspiring against him.  The T0m that used to be funny rather than bitter. 

I miss T0m.

I miss the old T0m.  The guy who posted the rant from Jaws, causing teh Falcon to lose his mind.  The T0m who once played Mafia with us.  The T0m that didn't accuse Max of conspiring against him.  The T0m that used to be funny rather than bitter. 

I miss T0m.

T0m was always bitter, even when he was funny.

Archived