F*cking Bevell

sourceworx

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When my wife's reaction is "why didn't they give it to Beast Mode", you know Bevell out-thunk himself.

I'm not even sure it can be said that Bevell out thought himself.  I just don't see how that play call could result from any kind of thought process a rational human being who knows anything about football could have.  It's almost like he just took the playsheet, closed his eyes, and pointed to it and went with whatever play his finger landed on.

Thanks. I'll watch more American football.

Or at least watch Seattle.  I can't understand how you can say "that's who they are."  "Who they are" is not 3-wide at goal line and have Wilson throw a pick-slant.

I think the result of the play was awful, sure. I think we're overstating how bad a call it was. That's the offense they run. That's what got them the lead in the first place. I think Collinsworth's little freak out provided the confirmation bias people needed to resolve the angst over the cheating ******* Patriots winning the game.

It was such a bad call that an undrafted rookie from a junior college knew the route from film study and jumped it. It's the same call that got Schotty thrown out of town when he pulled it against Pittsburgh in the afccg. It's the kind of call that ruins dynasties.

I'm not even sure it can be said that Bevell out thought himself.  I just don't see how that play call could result from any kind of thought process a rational human being who knows anything about football could have.  It's almost like he just took the playsheet, closed his eyes, and pointed to it and went with whatever play his finger landed on.

That's the issue I'm having with this...

It's just entirely unthinkable how anyone could make that call..EVER...You could see that play 100 time and 100 times that ball should be run there...

there is NO scenario there, EVER, where the ball should be thrown.

Or at least watch Seattle. I can't understand how you can say "that's who they are." "Who they are" is not 3-wide at goal line and have Wilson throw a pick-slant.

Quinn has more to answer for, imo. Kill Bevell all you want, that's fine, but they lost that game on defense.

I agree - seattle doesn't recover from this with staff and players as is. To work so hard and have thrown away at the last possible second by an self serving play call will play on this team's psyche.

I think they can recover, but it can only start with the firing of Bevell. 

That's a decision I think Carroll needs to make as early as tonight. 

I'm still trying to figure out what he meant...

He doesn't even know what he meant.  Who "wastes" plays from the one yard line to win the SB?  You give Lynch three shots to punch it in.

That's the issue I'm having with this...

It's just entirely unthinkable how anyone could make that call..EVER...You could see that play 100 time and 100 times that ball should be run there...

there is NO scenario there, EVER, where the ball should be thrown.

I can understand a play action - that's it. You lose with your strength - 2 runs clock running down. If Pats stop you - hats off.

Quinn has more to answer for, imo. Kill Bevell all you want, that's fine, but they lost that game on defense.

FYI, the Giants defense lost the SB in 2007 and 2011 against the Pats, until the offense marched down the field and scored the game winning TD.  The exact scenario facing the Seahawks here ... until Bevell made the decision that will haunt him for a lifetime.

@NFLosophy: I'm a hawks fan but it's tru, also this stat from PFF: Lynch ran from the 1 yrd line 5 times yr. 1 TD, 2 runs no gain, 2 fr loss

How many of those with less than a minute left in the game against a tired defense following a five yard gain on the previous play?

FYI, the Giants defense lost the SB in 2007 and 2011 against the Pats, until the offense marched down the field and scored the game winning TD. The exact scenario facing the Seahawks here ... until Bevell made the decision that will haunt him for a lifetime.

Dude I know!! The curse of the uncatchable Hail

Mary showed up for a third time and the guy blew it!! You've gotta have a better chance of winning the lottery than a third uncatchable ball like that.

I can understand a play action - that's it. You lose with your strength - 2 runs clock running down. If Pats stop you - hats off.

Play-action that has Wilson rolling out with a run/pass option is the only pass play that I could see as being the result of rational thought in that situation.  On 2nd and goal from the  1/2 yard line, it's still a terrible decision, but I could understand it.  Any other kind of pass play there, especially a slant with the receivers in tight like they were, is just dumb.

I don't know if I'll ever be able watch another NFL game at this point... has to be one of the most aggravating moments of my life.  

At that point I was concerned with stopping Tammy from driving down with 2 TO's and only needing a FG...the idea of a not scoring a TD was not even a thought.

Honestly BB was going to let them score - he didn't even call a TO...

No way. coming anywhere near shutting down the midget cross routes with Gronk and LaFell on the outside and Brady under center is all you can ask for. N

They managed to shut down none of them in the second half. LaFell and Gronk's TDs were high-school level easy.

That's what I am saying - this team and coaching staff are done as presently set up.

Gotcha.  My apologies for not reading carefully enough.  :)

I do think they can recover with that one change, though, although they're going to have a new DC next year as well with Quinn leaving for Atlanta.  I think they promote from within for the DC job, unless Quinn takes several coaches with him, and go outside for a new OC, as I can't imagine that Carroll would be dumb enough to retain Bevell after that fiasco.

Archived