F*cking Bevell

sourceworx

Quinn looked worse tonight, imo. Went super conservative once they had the lead, then went back into man and let Gronkowski loose.

I have to agree. Quinn makes the necessary adjustments and we aren't talking about Bevell's final call. By no means do I excuse him for that final call, but Quinn let them down big time tonight and Falcons fans have to feel a little uneasy over that.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From some reporters, it appears that bevell said he called the play but also blamed the wide receiver Lockett. So carol r skew the bullet and befell throws his player under the bus.

Not sure if this is property of Connor Hughes, but this is what he just posted on Twitter. This is the play (and play call) at the snap:

7A43E01B-534C-4D50-A2E9-3FA31ACFB104.jpg

Quinn has more to answer for, imo. Kill Bevell all you want, that's fine, but they lost that game on defense.

I actually agree with this, in part.

The Seahawks have only lost 4 games, including tonight's, when they have scored 24+ points.

If the Sef stops that last scoring drive, then the lucky Kearse catch doesn't happen, nor does the bad play call.

Seahawks got out coached across the board IMO

I actually agree with this, in part.

The Seahawks have only lost 4 games, including tonight's, when they have scored 24+ points.

If the Sef stops that last scoring drive, then the lucky Kearse catch doesn't happen, nor does the bad play call.

Seahawks got out coached across the board IMO

Of all the dudes to get beat with, you let Gronk do it against man coverage with a LB?

I still just can't believe that call, as much as I sit here trying to wrap my head around it.

IF, and that's a big IF, you're going to throw the ball, it has to be a bootleg or some kind of misdirection like that to at least give Wilson the run/throw option.

I just don't see how you don't just run the ball three times from inside the 1. With Marshawn Lynch, I take my chances running it three times with one of, if not THE, best backs in the game. If I don't get it by doing that, then that's fine. But doing what they did was not only stupid, it absolutely should lead to Bevell's unemployment.

This is my point. And I don't care what anyone says that was the dumbest call in NFL HISTORY!!!

Also Quinn didn't look like much a genius to me tonight.

Of all the dudes to get beat with, you let Gronk do it against man coverage with a LB?

Two biggest plays for me was the 3rd and 3 (Kearse drop) and 3rd and 14 (Seattle rushes 4) both with a 10 point Seahawk lead and all the momentum.

Well that and the worst call ever, in NFL history. 

I have to agree. Quinn makes the necessary adjustments and we aren't talking about Bevell's final call. By no means do I excuse him for that final call, but Quinn let them down big time tonight and Falcons fans have to feel a little uneasy over that.

meh.. it's 2015.. You can't expect to keep a good offense under 20 points particularly when your own offense spends most of the game going 3 and out. Only clueless Rex haters expect that.

The game was there for the win. run it 2x if need be, and then attempt the pass. I doubt NE stops it

My 10 year old daughter, "I would've run it."

think I heard my dog say the same thing... I can't tell what's worse seeing the Giants win superbowls or the Patriots- probably equally as bad.  What makes this one especially bad is the Revis situation.  Now that he won a Super Bowl, he can never wear a Jets uniform ever again.  Woody must not think of even reaching out to him ever again.   

Archived