F*cking Bevell

sourceworx

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheldon Richardson:

U have a running back named beast mode n u line up in shotgun formation n throw the ball on 1 yr line...the real MVP IS SEATTLE OC

Sheldon Richardson and Emmitt Smith. Do you have a quote from anyone that didn't wear a diaper into their early teens?

If the receiver runs through his route, he either gets the TD or a PI.

He took the ball out of the hands of the best running back in the league, and put it in the hands of their fourth wideout, a nobody on a crappy receiving corps.

Bevell sh!t the bed.

Based on what?

Based on a tired defense that gave up five yards on the previous run....multiple shots to get one yard against a worn out defense.  Worst call in NFL history.

Sheldon Richardson and Emmitt Smith. Do you have a quote from anyone that didn't wear a diaper into their early teens?

I know you're knowledge of the game exceeds that of all these guys, but click the ESPN link I posted...plenty of players who disagree with you and Bevell.

He took the ball out of the hands of the best running back in the league, and put it in the hands of their fourth wideout, a nobody on a crappy receiving corps.

Bevell sh!t the bed.

Relying on that receiver to run into contact was unfortunate, but not "the worst play call of all time." If they throw the fade there and it gets knocked around a picked off, is it still a bad play call?

Relying on that receiver to run into contact was unfortunate, but not "the worst play call of all time." If they throw the fade there and it gets knocked around a picked off, is it still a bad play call?

yes

meh.. it's 2015.. You can't expect to keep a good offense under 20 points particularly when your own offense spends most of the game going 3 and out. Only clueless Rex haters expect that.

The game was there for the win. run it 2x if need be, and then attempt the pass. I doubt NE stops it

In principle, Quinn's defense laid down when they could have clinched. I think I said so in the game thread.

In reality, the Seahawks still ended up with the win on a silver platter, and Pete Carroll's rationalization is that they threw on 2nd down so that they could run it on 3rd and 4th down. It's pretty incredible how ******* demented that logic is.

Based on the fact that he's their best offensive player. The best back in the league. Yeah let's not give him the ball, and instead rely on some slapd!ck nobody to run a proper route.

Rex-like move right there.

Lynch was one for five on the season in goal line situations

Yes its horrendous. Even if they score the td its a terrible call.

With that QB, against a goal line defense? The result sucks but the philosophy isn't as egregious as it looks.

You also have to take it in it's context.

2nd down, time outs left, 1 yard line, and you throw it tot he middle of the field into a sea of defenders, not to the back of the endzone.

CJ Spiller

Jonathan Stewart

Alfred Morris

Gerald McCoy

Sidney Rice

Shannon Sharpe

Torrey Smith

Andre Reed

Robert Mathis

Donte Stallworth

Ryan Longwell

Jordan Shipley

Pat McAfee

Justin Tucker

Torry Holt

But other than that...no, can't find anyone who disagrees with you and Bevell.

Sorry, I forgot Steve Young, Tom Jackson and Bruce Irvin.

lol.. it really was the worst. I am still dumbfounded

That's the crazy thing... it's not like they have Boom Herron as a RB or some scrub. Marshawn is the identity of that team. Dude isn't going to miss the goal line there. No chance.

You also have to take it in it's context.

2nd down, time outs left, 1 yard line, and you throw it tot he middle of the field into a sea of defenders, not to the back of the endzone.

It wasn't a sea of defenders. It was the one guy, who had to run up five yards to make the play through the back of the receiver.

Lynch was one for five on the season in goal line situations

So what? This is the SB, and he's got 3 attempts to bang it in. ****, if you don't hand it to Lynch, you let Wilson take it in himself. Anything but putting the ball in the air.

Are you drunk?

What made it the worst play is a combination of the following:

1. He had Lynch

2. Lynch just gained 5 yards on play before

3. They have a mobile QB in Wilson

4. Lockette is their 4th best WR in the game

5. It's a telegraphed passing play with no chance at read-action/playaction

6. It's a slant play into traffic

If he called a fade it would have better than the pure sh*t Bevell called.

Your defense of this monstrosity is mindboggling

In principle, Quinn's defense laid down when they could have clinched. I think I said so in the game thread.

I just don't agree.. If you were to tell me that Seattles longest drive was going to be 8 plays for 4:51 and wilson only completes 12 passes, I'd have bet the house that the Pats would score way over 20.

Best defense is always a good offense, up till the last drive, 7 out of Seattles 10 drives were 5 plays or less. No defense is completely shutting down NE in that scenario

So what? This is the SB, and he's got 3 attempts to bang it in. ****, if you don't hand it to Lynch, you let Wilson take it in himself. Anything but putting the ball in the air.

Apparently the Pats thought the same thing considering they left their goal line package on the field against three wide.

Archived