Sign in to follow this  
Freemanm

Brady, Belichick stepping down?

I haven't heard anything to this effect but does anyone think that Brady or Belidick will retire after this SB? I read a few years ago that both would retire after they won one more Super Bowl...

Again haven't heard this at all but am still hopeful

• Thumb Down 5

We wish. I can't take it any more, I swear to fu*k. LOL. why do they have to be so friggin good every damned year?

Sorry, i just want to think good thoughts and speculate on something that will probably not happen. I just don't have the stomach right now to watch the post game where, I'm sure, Kraft and Goodell will blow each other on the stage.

No way. Brady can make over 100 million more before he retires.

I haven't heard anything to this effect but does anyone think that Brady or Belidick will retire after this SB? I read a few years ago that both would retire after they won one more Super Bowl...

Again haven't heard this at all but am still hopeful

No way. Plenty of cheating left.

• Upvote 2

The afc is so weak. They will be in the super bowl again next year. No way are those 2 going anywhere. They could get 2 more.

Kate Upton coming over tonight to ease my pain?…I haven't heard anything but I am hopeful.

The afc is so weak. They will be in the super bowl again next year. No way are those 2 going anywhere. They could get 2 more.

At the most one.

I read somewhere that Brady is going to keep playing as long as he can -  no immediate plans to retire.   However,  what Brady says and what he does are usually two different things.

I read somewhere that Brady is going to keep playing as long as he can -  no immediate plans to retire.   However,  what Brady says and what he does are usually two different things.

Exactly.  Just like he said he didn't doctor the balls.

Doubt it....This team is going to be right there again next year.

Kate Upton coming over tonight to ease my pain?…I haven't heard anything but I am hopeful.

She is just fine in my book.

They just cheated to another superbowl, got caught and nothing happened. Why would you think they would quit? The owner of the team runs the NFL, they have dream jobs. Work less and have less talent than everyone else, cheat, and win. 

Seeing this makes me really wish we had the talent to be in that game sometime soon.. history of almost 50 years shows otherwise....

I think this will be bad for the Sea Hawks, how do you come back from this? - BB and Cindy will be around longer now, they will want 5 S.B's. Unfortunately the nearest thing to a Q.B other then Brady in the AFCE is Ryan Tannehill.

The other night I was watching We Are Marshall. It was a great film and while I was watching it, I kept wondering why can't that happen to the Patriots?

My hope is the NFL suspends Belli for 6 games or more next year.

Brady or Gronk are bound to get injured. It's just the odds.

Revis is starting to age.

Cracks start to appear. Bills D and new and to be improved Jets D are 4 rough games on the Pats O. Their luck is about to run out.

Brady said to the media earlier this year "I will quit when I suck" I don't see him quitting right after a super bowl win and I think belichick is along for the ride as long as he has brady. I also think they are going to stop investigating this whole deflategate thing because it would make the nfl look bad if the team who won the super bowl was found to have cheated to get there in the first place, they probably pin the deflated balls on weather or some sort of defect and clear the patriots name.

it's nice to talk about "leaving on top", but how many big QBs REALLY do that? Brady will play till he gets traded, then bounce around doing fake retirements like Favre.

Tom will quit when he starts getting hit on a regular basis. Think how lucky this guy is to play for so long with only one serious injury. The older he gets the more the chances increase that he will be facing that possibility more and more.

it's nice to talk about "leaving on top", but how many big QBs REALLY do that? Brady will play till he gets traded, then bounce around doing fake retirements like Favre.

I don't know if he would bounce around, but i think he will play somewhere else in 3 years if he still wants to play. I think that if they can win again next year he will retire, no matter what he says about wanting to play for 5 more years. If he doesn't win the quest for another ring will keep him going, even if he plays for 2mil a year. . 

I don't know if he would bounce around, but i think he will play somewhere else in 3 years if he still wants to play. I think that if they can win again next year he will retire, no matter what he says about wanting to play for 5 more years. If he doesn't win the quest for another ring will keep him going, even if he plays for 2mil a year. . 

I would go the over on the three more years.

I understand the Patriots' mantra of cutting/trading a player too soon rather than too late, but replacing a Hall of Fame QB is not easy.  The 49ers and Colts were lucky to find a worthy successor to their all-time QBs.

If in three years, Tom is still going for 4000 yards 28-33 TDs and 9-13 INTs, they are going to hand the keys off to Jimmy?  No way.

The only way Jimmy is the starter is if Brady goes down and Jimmy gets an extended amount of playing time to show he is for real.  Give me a 3500 28 TD-14 INT Tom versus a mediocre Jimmy anyday.

They probably have another 3-4 seasons, but I would expect them to retire togeather.

Belichick is going to the giants the day Brady retires.

Bellichick retiring would be irrelevant to their success, (cheating aside) it's all about Brady.

Brady goes this team becomes very average.  BB goes and TB stays the team still wins 12-13 games.

• Upvote 1

Bellichick retiring would be irrelevant to their success, (cheating aside) it's all about Brady.

Brady goes this team becomes very average. BB goes and TB stays the team still wins 12-13 games.

yes!

Brady goes this team becomes very average.  BB goes and TB stays the team still wins 12-13 games.

what was their record with Matt Cassell as QB? 

what was their record with Matt Cassell as QB?

missed the playoffs , record inflated due to having one of weakest schedules that year..

had a 16 win team heading in

We wish. I can't take it any more, I swear to fu*k. LOL. why do they have to be so friggin good every damned year?

If they were to retire then the Football Gods would allow Buffalo or Miami to draft a qb in the 4th or 5th  round who will torment us for the next 15 years.