Brady, Belichick stepping down?

Freemanm

And BTW, just "making" the playoffs means $hit if you don't do anything once you get there.

O rly? 

Tell me more about Belichick's brilliant playoff season in Cleveland. That SB victory was tremendous

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol! So you're saying Noll and Johnson were lousy coaches too? You guys are funny.

No Jimmy Johnson actually had a winning record w/out Aikmen (who isn't 50% the QB that Brady is). Belicheat is a career loser without Brady

The point however is that Jimmy Johnson didn't even win a division title in Miami, the QB is the most important thing by far

O rly? 

Tell me more about Belichick's brilliant playoff season in Cleveland. That SB victory was tremendous

So according to you, BB accomplished the exact same thing as the Jets over the last 46 years?

Yippee, just make the playoffs and your team had a successful season.

So according to you, BB accomplished the exact same thing as the Jets over the last 46 years?

Yippee, just make the playoffs and your team had a successful season.

Actually, he accomplished less. Which is why he was fired and didn't get another HC opportunity for years.

Actually, he accomplished less. Which is why he was fired and didn't get another HC opportunity for years.

What! He got an opportunity to Coach the Chiefs one year after he joined the jets, Remember Hess gave him 1mill not to leave.  Let me see, the owner gives you a million not to take the KC job, but then nobody asks you to coach for 2 more years because you got a mill in your pocket and a guarantee to be the next head coach of the jets. Damm some of you have selective memory. 

Only because 2 teams decided to sit all their starters.

If that doesn't happen, Bozo the Clown has exactly 1 winning season in 6 years.

And BTW, just "making" the playoffs means $hit if you don't do anything once you get there.

Which puts him right there with BB's first 6 years.. :winking0001: Except for more wins and winning 4 playoff games since BB won just one against the Pats in 1994..

In order to get the Tuna you know that.. Tell you the truth I don't blame BB for getting mad they way Hess used him even though he agreed to it..

The entire Hess/Parcell's crap cost the Jets the best HC in the NFL.

BB would still be with the Jets15 years later.

Not necessarily. There is a good chance BB would not have drafted Brady if he was with the Jets, with the draft having so many variables. And without Brady, I doubt BB would still be coaching.

Not necessarily. There is a good chance BB would not have drafted Brady if he was with the Jets, with the draft having so many variables. And without Brady, I doubt BB would still be coaching.

We took Chad in 2000 in the first rd so obviously we wouldn't have drafted Brady in the same year.. Plus the Pats had 3 6th rd picks in 2000 if they had just 1 they wouldn't have drafted him either he was their 2nd 6th rd pick.. The Draft has always been a crap shoot..

We took Chad in 2000 in the first rd so obviously we wouldn't have drafted Brady in the same year.. Plus the Pats had 3 6th rd picks in 2000 if they had just 1 they wouldn't have drafted him either he was their 2nd 6th rd pick.. The Draft has always been a crap shoot..

Exactly. So, chances are if BB stays with the Jets, he isn't around today.

Without Brady, Belicheat would be running the video department of the Saskatchewan Roughriders

I despise Tom Brady.

But I think his mind for the game is a incredible machine, and he can provide value beyond his retirement.  I could see him waiting for a suitable replacement, then providing him long-term guidance from a front office position.

Without Brady, Belicheat would be running the video department of the Saskatchewan Roughriders

You are an idiot.

It is obvious Belichick wanted to "buy the groceries" as well.  With Testaverde already on the roster, maybe they wait a year and pass on Chad and do the Belichickian thing, trade down from one (or all) of those first rounders for a future pick.

It all comes down to Dick Rehbein.  If Belichick stayed, does Rehbein still leave the Giants?  Does he go to the Jets?  I am assuming Rehbein wanted a promotion and left the Giants for that reason.  Or maybe Rehbein stays with the Giants and discovers Brady for them.

Without Brady, Belicheat would be running the video department of the Saskatchewan Roughriders

Belichick was on a fast track to getting fired until Brady came along. This idea that Belichick even had mediocre success as a head coach before Brady is laughable.

And I actually like Belichick and respect him. But he like any other coach needs a qb.

Belichick was on a fast track to getting fired until Brady came along. This idea that Belichick even had mediocre success as a head coach before Brady is laughable.

And I actually like Belichick and respect him. But he like any other coach needs a qb.

The cheatriot fans can't handle the truth. Belicheat - (Brady + Cheating + Bevell) = Kotite

Of course, Groh did have a winning record in his one season as an NFL head coach.

Belichick the genius thought he was trading up at qb going from 36 year old Vinny coming off an Achilles injury to younger Drew Bledsoe only to go 5-11. Wow he's so smart

Belichick the genius thought he was trading up at qb going from 36 year old Vinny coming off an Achilles injury to younger Drew Bledsoe only to go 5-11. Wow he's so smart

Bledsoe was better than Testerverde. And I guess he made the right move.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Belichick is a great coach.  There is no arguing the point.

However, he like all the other alltime greats had a great QB or two.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Belichick is a great coach.  There is no arguing the point.

However, he like all the other alltime greats had a great QB or two.

there is arguing if you think that without brady he's not so great (as evidenced  by his losing record w/out him), Jimmy Johnson has a winning record without Aikman, Dungy does too without Manning,SHula without Marino, Landry without Staubach etc

Belichick is a loser without Brady, that is the point that can't be argued

there is arguing if you think that without brady he's not so great (as evidenced  by his losing record w/out him), Jimmy Johnson has a winning record without Aikman, Dungy does too without Manning,SHula without Marino, Landry without Staubach etc

There are ways to make a point and ways not to.  You choose the latter.

"Johnson has a winning record without Aikman."  Very true.  However, he only took over a winning team, unlike Belichick in Cleveland, he also had Dan "Fing" Marino.  You know him right?   One of the greatest of alltime.  I know how happy you are going to be when Brady retires.  That was the way I was when Marino retired.

Shula?  Really?  Do you know who his other QBs were for most of his head coaching career with the Phins and Colts?  Unitas.  Griese.  Two Hall of Famers.

Landry did win with other QBs.  Here is the career records of those QBs during the Cowboys glory years:  White 62-30; Meredith 48-33-4; Morton 81-62-1. Not exactly JAGs.  Drew is a JAG.  Career record of 98-95.   

Remind me why Dungy was let go?  He could not win in the playoffs.  He had a consistent Top 10 D, usually in the Top 5 and came up short due to a crappy offense.  Gruden then took his players and QB and won the title.  He followed up his Bucs time with his Colts' tenure in which he had a HofF QB that boosted his career 38-32 record to new heights, but again, he came up short in the playoffs.

What cannot be argued is your toe deep view is sabotaging your arguments.

"Johnson has a winning record without Aikman."  Very true.  However, he only took over a winning team, unlike Belichick in Cleveland, he also had Dan "Fing" Marino.  You know him right?   One of the greatest of alltime.  I know how happy you are going to be when Brady retires.  That was the way I was when Marino retired.

Shula?  Really?  Do you know who his other QBs were for most of his head coaching career with the Phins and Colts?  Unitas.  Griese.  Two Hall of Famers.

Landry did win with other QBs.  Here is the career records of those QBs during the Cowboys glory years:  White 62-30; Meredith 48-33-4; Morton 81-62-1. Not exactly JAGs.  Drew is a JAG.  Career record of 98-95.   

Remind me why Dungy was let go?  He could not win in the playoffs.  He had a consistent Top 10 D, usually in the Top 5 and came up short due to a crappy offense.  Gruden then took his players and QB and won the title.  He followed up his Bucs time with his Colts' tenure in which he had a HofF QB that boosted his career 38-32 record to new heights, but again, he came up short in the playoffs.

Isn't it a little crooked to say the coach needs a good QB to win and then determine who is a good QB based on W-L record? 

I hate Belichik and I'm not so sure if he was a good head coach without Brady, but he is a great coach.  Belichick is a HOF DC and the main reason those Giants teams won, particularly against the K-Gun.  Big Bill was like 21 and 27 in NE before Little Bill came back and they went to the super bowl.

Isn't it a little crooked to say the coach needs a good QB to win and then determine who is a good QB based on W-L record

I hate Belichik and I'm not so sure if he was a good head coach without Brady, but he is a great coach.  Belichick is a HOF DC and the main reason those Giants teams won, particularly against the K-Gun.  Big Bill was like 21 and 27 in NE before Little Bill came back and they went to the super bowl.

What we are quibbling over semantics now?  ;)

Fair point.

There are a lot of factors in determining wins and losses, but JN likes to ignore them.

Isn't it a little crooked to say the coach needs a good QB to win and then determine who is a good QB based on W-L record? 

Lawrence Taylor helps ...

You're cute.

Dungy took a perennially crappy team and made them into legitimate contender, and got fired with a winning record there.

Belicheat took a team that was in the AFCC 2 years earlier, and got fired with a losing record there.

But somehow that makes Belicheat better then Dungy. Dense.

So when BB is being inducted in Canton, do you really think anyone (other than you) will give a flying f*** what he did in Cleveland?

Did anyone give a crap what Namath did in Los Angeles or what Montana did in Kansas City?

So when BB is being inducted in Canton, do you really think anyone (other than you) will give a flying f*** what he did in Cleveland?

Did anyone give a crap what Namath did in Los Angeles or what Montana did in Kansas City?

you will know Tx, in your heart you will know that he owes it all to Brady. And that is good enough for me

You're cute.

Dungy took a perennially crappy team and made them into legitimate contender, and got fired with a winning record there.

Belicheat took a team that was in the AFCC 2 years earlier, and got fired with a losing record there.

But somehow that makes Belicheat better then Dungy. Dense.

Dungy took over a team Wyche started to turn around.  Plus, the smartest thing Dungy did was hire Monty Kiffin.  He built that defense that won Gruden a championship.

Amazing how you gloss over the fact the team he took over was actually 3-13.  A team that went from 12 wins to 10 (twice) and finally 9 before collapsing to 3.   

Archived