Can it get lowest than this as a jets fan? only if the Bills win it all next year

DRJETS

I could think the two pats losses, Dolphins and the Packers game for starter.

So what is Rex's all time record including games that were ''almost won"? Those almost wins!! That's very impressive on a resume you know

If you say so, Jola. :cool0019:

In fairness I am on record as saying I agree with the NFL's policy to require all of Rex's GM's to purposely sabotage his roster...how boring would it be if he was allowed to go 16-0 every year?

Thankfully, those 2 brutal, regular season losses didn't cost the Pats the #1 seed and a Super Bowl championship.

I hope you are joking, but something tells me differently.

Forget the average CB reference.  

If Brady did not take the air out of the ball we would have won those two games easily.  :winking0001:

Die hard Jets fan bro.  Tell me what I said that made you think otherwise because I believe Rex accomplished more here than any other Jets coach in over 50 years?  I refuse to allow the rexyhaters in here to re-write history.   :winking0001:

Your joking right, Rex accomplished more than Weeb? Seriously brah??

Your the only one who wants to re-write history. Every acknowledges what Rex did in his first two years with a team he was handed. Most who don't have Rex's junk lodged down their throats also acknowledge that under 2 separate GM's, one who built the team he inherited and took to the AFCCG's, and another, also recognize that under Rex's watch, the team consistently went downhill in pretty much all areas other than the Dline. The coaching staff went downhill, the talent, the play, everything. Anyone with a brain, or not choking on Rex, are able to look at both sides of the coin, take the good he did in his first 2 years, and the disaster since, and recognize what Rex really is.

One average corner even with Geno regression the Jets’ record would probably be 8-8 instead of the 4-12, like the prior year.  But you know it was Rex's fault that he was given a 6th round safety and a career back up as his starting corner.  

Rex was given a top 10 draft pick at corner, a journeyman FA CB, and a rookie 3rd round CB that supposedly everyone including he, was high on in the organization. On top of that, he was given a high first round safety, and still had his hand chosen 1st round corner in Wilson on the roster.

Injuries happen to every team, good coaches figure out ways around them, bad coaches make excuses.

No way they win anything next year or the next. Remember he took his entire unqualified loser staff with him. Loyalty over talent and Loyalty over winning. Jeff Weeks a glorified gopher among others. Bills 8-8 forever.

Bill  Fans get ready, here's your tutorial.

"Boy ya know we practiced really well all week"

" He gives us the best chance to win"

" Ya gotta give credit to that other team over there, they played really well"

" I really don't know what happened with that timeout"

" We gotta stop turning the ball over"

Your joking right, Rex accomplished more than Weeb? Seriously brah??

Your the only one who wants to re-write history. Every acknowledges what Rex did in his first two years with a team he was handed. Most who don't have Rex's junk lodged down their throats also acknowledge that under 2 separate GM's, one who built the team he inherited and took to the AFCCG's, and another, also recognize that under Rex's watch, the team consistently went downhill in pretty much all areas other than the Dline. The coaching staff went downhill, the talent, the play, everything. Anyone with a brain, or not choking on Rex, are able to look at both sides of the coin, take the good he did in his first 2 years, and the disaster since, and recognize what Rex really is.

So you are saying that if Rex is given average talents even with no QB in a QB league, then he can do some damage like going to a couple AFCC, NO?  So you want Rex to excel at GM too.  Why wasn't Mangini able to even make the playoff with Favre at QB with the same talents as Rex?

You remember that playoff game against the number one seed patriots on the road.  Did he out coached Bellicheat with inferior talents?  I think then we can agree coaching is not the problem, right?   Idzik was the talents evaluator, remember?  He replaced Revis and Cro with a couple of scrubs not to mention another one of his hires went AWOL.  He went into the season starting David freaking Nelson at WR while saving Mr. Johnson a whopping 25 million Dollars for crying out loud.

I buy into Idzik trying to get his own coach.  The prior year when the Jets were picked 32nd in the league by ESPN base on talents, Rex went 8-8 with a rookie QB worse than Sanchez.  

Well, we'll have to see what the NFL-WWF Writers think will sell the most Beer and Hondas next year, but we can certainly hope the writers will think rating will be high with a Jets/Buffalo storyline that might involve a playoff confrontation.

Lets hope the NFL-WWF-writers side with us this year, we might "win" then! 

So you are saying that if Rex is given average talents even with no QB in a QB league, then he can do some damage like going to a couple AFCC, NO?  So you want Rex to excel at GM too.  Why wasn't Mangini able to even make the playoff with Favre at QB with the same talents as Rex?

You remember that playoff game against the number one seed patriots on the road.  Did he out coached Bellicheat with inferior talents?  I think then we can agree coaching is not the problem, right?   Idzik was the talents evaluator, remember?  He replaced Revis and Cro with a couple of scrubs not to mention another one of his hires went AWOL.  He went into the season starting David freaking Nelson at WR while saving Mr. Johnson a whopping 25 million Dollars for crying out loud.

I buy into Idzik trying to get his own coach.  The prior year when the Jets were picked 32nd in the league by ESPN base on talents, Rex went 8-8 with a rookie QB worse than Sanchez.  

What the heck are you talking about?

Mangini being a bad HC does not make Rex a good one, period. And Favre getting hurt was what cost Mangini the playoffs, and much more. They were regarded as one fo the top 2-3 teams in the NFL that year before Favre hurt his bicep and forgot which team to throw the ball to.

I don't expect Rex to be the GM, but I do expect him to tell the GM what type of team he needs to win, where he wants to focus the talent, etc.

Its no surprise that after Woody mandated drafting a QB in 2009, that the Jets have drafted 1st round Dl or DB with every 1st round pick since, even when having multiple 1st round picks.

I also expect the HC to set the culture of the franchise, chose the OC and DC wisely, hold players accountable, and DEVELOP players. These are all areas where Rex failed miserably. He setup a culture of no accountability, developed nobody outside of DL, and largely hired inept coordinators.

Its funny how you so conveniently leave out how Sanchez, who you say sucks so bad, outplayed Brady in the same game that you give Rex so much credit for, yet say Rex had NO QB, do you even see the irony?

Rex lovers like yourself want to say Rex has no QB, QB is more important than HC, etc. Yet, Sanchez who was the QB, who you guys all claim is more important than HC, actually has the same accomplishments as Rex, yet you say how bad Sanchez is, while saying how great Rex is??? Seriously???

How about the reality is they both suck. They were handed a pretty damn good team, and Rex was the perfect guy to take over for Mangini, he was the anti Mangini, and his lack of discipline brought out the best in a beaten down talented veteran bunch. Once that team broke apart, he had zero answers for how to be succcessful for the type of team he wanted to build, zero.

The reality is you get off on Rex's false bravado, just like your rediculous profile pic. Im going to punch Belicheck in the face, what a joke. Rex has been all talk from day one. All his nonsense about taking out two of yours, the white house, the best team in football, the team I always wanted to coach, blah, blah blah. You like it, great, enjoy. 

I hate it, but would tolerate it if he backed up one thing he spouted, but he never did. He is a moron, a one trick pony. The happiest day of my jet fandom was when they finally got rid of that moron, and I go back to the 70's.

I hate it, but would tolerate it if he backed up one thing he spouted, but he never did. He is a moron, a one trick pony. The happiest day of my jet fandom was when they finally got rid of that moron, and I go back to the 70's.

I disagree with a great deal of what you said, but I understand your rationale.  However, if the above sentence is true, then you are a sad bitter man. 

Mangini being a bad HC does not make Rex a good one, period. And Favre getting hurt was what cost Mangini the playoffs, and much more. They were regarded as one fo the top 2-3 teams in the NFL that year before Favre hurt his bicep and forgot which team to throw the ball to.

They were 8-3 - had just won 5 in a row (6 out of the last 7) and came out #1 in the power ranking that week - then Favre got hurt.  

There's a lot of revisionist history about that season.  They were very good and had Favre not gotten hurt IMO they would have made a legit Super Bowl run.

I don't expect Rex to be the GM, but I do expect him to tell the GM what type of team he needs to win, where he wants to focus the talent, etc.

Its no surprise that after Woody mandated drafting a QB in 2009, that the Jets have drafted 1st round Dl or DB with every 1st round pick since, even when having multiple 1st round picks.

I also expect the HC to set the culture of the franchise, chose the OC and DC wisely, hold players accountable, and DEVELOP players. These are all areas where Rex failed miserably. He setup a culture of no accountability, developed nobody outside of DL, and largely hired inept coordinators.

Its funny how you so conveniently leave out how Sanchez, who you say sucks so bad, outplayed Brady in the same game that you give Rex so much credit for, yet say Rex had NO QB, do you even see the irony?

Rex lovers like yourself want to say Rex has no QB, QB is more important than HC, etc. Yet, Sanchez who was the QB, who you guys all claim is more important than HC, actually has the same accomplishments as Rex, yet you say how bad Sanchez is, while saying how great Rex is??? Seriously???

How about the reality is they both suck. They were handed a pretty damn good team, and Rex was the perfect guy to take over for Mangini, he was the anti Mangini, and his lack of discipline brought out the best in a beaten down talented veteran bunch. Once that team broke apart, he had zero answers for how to be succcessful for the type of team he wanted to build, zero.

The reality is you get off on Rex's false bravado, just like your rediculous profile pic. Im going to punch Belicheck in the face, what a joke. Rex has been all talk from day one. All his nonsense about taking out two of yours, the white house, the best team in football, the team I always wanted to coach, blah, blah blah. You like it, great, enjoy.

Haha ouch!!! Very well said. I will admit that had Rex won the super bowl all would have been forgiven. Not being ready against a steeler team that played terribly in the afc championship game still bothers me.

Only thing worse then Bills or Pats winning it again is IF we made it to AFC Champ game and pulled a Seattle on last play and blew chance for the SB.

I would literally throw up my Chicken Parm all over GreenBeans at the Bar

Puke or poop? That is the question

They were 8-3 - had just won 5 in a row (6 out of the last 7) and came out #1 in the power ranking that week - then Favre got hurt.  

There's a lot of revisionist history about that season.  They were very good and had Favre not gotten hurt IMO they would have made a legit Super Bowl run.

Eh.  I think the Favre being hurt thing is overblown.  First of all, they didn't start claiming he got hurt until after he sucked.  Favre has always run hot and cold and has a penchant for throwing a boatload of picks.  Three of the teams they beat were the absolute bottom of the barrel.  Much of the rest of the season was based on scheduling.  Chargers, Seahawks and Broncos on the road are general losses.  The Cards at home usually a fairly easy win.  Beating the Titans was a big win, but that's it.   They split with the Pennington Dolphins and Cassel Pats. The idea they were a powerhouse if only Favre didn't get hurt is a bit much for me.  First of all, he was 100.  Second of all, they weren't that great before he got hurt.  He strung some good games together.  Yippee.

I disagree with a great deal of what you said, but I understand your rationale.  However, if the above sentence is true, then you are a sad bitter man. 

LOL, OK, I wish I had your address so I can send you $2 for the two bit psychotherapy analysis you just gave me.

Couple of things that I think are very important to take in context here:

1) sports is an outlet, not a means to happiness. If it were, I don't think I could be a Jets fan since the late 70's. I am a passionate Jets fan, but I don't rely on them for happiness, I rely on my family and my accomplishments for that, and who I am and how I live.

2) When you despise the face of your franchise, you start to dislike your team. Obviously you and others love Rex, and you are entitled. I despise him, I despise everything he stood for, and the way he conducted himself, and the way he threw everyone else under the bus, and tried to use charisma and catering to Jets fans insecurity to get away with it. The Jets have not won a SB in my lifetime, my big memories that I was old enough to appreciate are essentially 98, the Colts playoff game in Penningtons rookie year after the Packers game and everything happened that week, the SD game in 09 and the NE game in 10. So, I don't have a lot of really great memories. So, the fact that the person who I solely blame for me disliking my favorite team for almost 40 years leaving, tops my list. If you find that sad, ok, your entitled, just like your entitled to love Rex as you do.

Eh.  I think the Favre being hurt thing is overblown.  First of all, they didn't start claiming he got hurt until after he sucked.  Favre has always run hot and cold and has a penchant for throwing a boatload of picks.  Two of the teams they beat were the absolute bottom of the barrel.  Much of the rest of the season was based on scheduling.  Chargers, Seahawks and Broncos on the road are general losses.  The Cards at home usually a fairly easy win.  Beating the Titans was a big win, but that's it.   They split with the Pennington Dolphins and Cassel Pats. The idea they were a powerhouse if only Favre didn't get hurt is a bit much for me.  First of all, he was 100.  Second of all, they weren't that great before he got hurt.  He strung some good games together.  Yippee.

What are you talking about?

After beating the Titans, the 2008 Jets faced one team with a winning record, and that was the fish, the remaining games were against teams who finished 8-8, 7-9,7-9 and 4-12

That was a cake schedule that they had at 8-3, cake.

In those games, he threw 2 TD's and had 9 IT's, that was far, far worse than Sanchez was in 09.

You are the  one who is revising history, based on your love for Rex.

What are you talking about?

After beating the Titans, the 2008 Jets faced one team with a winning record, and that was the fish, the remaining games were against teams who finished 8-8, 7-9,7-9 and 4-12

That was a cake schedule that they had at 8-3, cake.

In those games, he threw 2 TD's and had 9 IT's, that was far, far worse than Sanchez was in 09.

You are the  one who is revising history, based on your love for Rex.

What does Rex have to do with the 2008 New York Jets?

Favre sucked no doubt, but he also had multiple pick games against the Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders and Bengals BEFORE he allegedly got hurt.  That cake schedule is harder than the rest of the year?  The 2-14 Rams and Chiefs?  The 4-12 Bengals?  5-11 Raiders?  The story about his injury didn't pop up until the end of the season.  They were a decent team in 2008.  The idea that they were a powerhouse is a bit overstated.  They finished third in a division with teams starting Pennington, Cassel and Trent Edwards.  They had a last place schedule.  They were not serious super bowl contenders.

http://nypost.com/2008/12/25/favre-says-he-may-be-hurt-as-he-nears-the-end/

So, Rex was handed a pretty good team? Can you please elaborate about the "good" team? If I'm not mistaken the only solid units were OL and RB.  Do you remember our QB ( remember a QB LEAGUE),WR,DL,LB, DB (other than Revis who Rex developed into stardom).  

Our team was so good that they were ranked in mediocrity in both Offense and Defense in 2008, both units were ranked #16.  

I guess you will think that Belicheat would had taken the 2009 Jets with a QB that went for 12 TD and 20 INT beyond the AFFC, yes?  

All of you Rexyhaters always bring Rex's personality like it had anything to do with his coaching.  I prefer his personality than the bland psychopath Bellicheat.

Can you please elaborate on the 2013 when he managed an 8-8 record with scrubs given by idzik? Idzik rationale was that Rex could not win more than 2 games and then he could bring his own guy here.  That 2013 season wasn't good enough coaching to your standard?  

Last season the Jets won 4 games with a depleted roster and you know it.  What Idzik did was despicable.  He could not find a single WR in the richest class in NFL history.  He went into the season with Allen and Walls at CB and David Nelson at WR while saving Woody 25 million.  

With the exception of a few games, Rex manage to stay competitive with the lack of QB plays and a player or two could have been a difference in many games last year like the GB, 2-Pats games, mia, Det, Chic, Den, Min, NO?

Brady cemented himself as the best ever.  

No one is that. Brady can be MENTIONED among the best ever, but there is NO BEST EVER at any position. There is always room for argument on that score. Brady made Belichick and Belichick made himself a cheater because he is from the Al Davis school of Just Win (at all costs) Baby.  

How about the reality is they both suck. They were handed a pretty damn good team, and Rex was the perfect guy to take over for Mangini, he was the anti Mangini, and his lack of discipline brought out the best in a beaten down talented veteran bunch. Once that team broke apart, he had zero answers for how to be succcessful for the type of team he wanted to build, zero.   The reality is you get off on Rex's false bravado, just like your rediculous profile pic. Im going to punch Belicheck in the face, what a joke. Rex has been all talk from day one. All his nonsense about taking out two of yours, the white house, the best team in football, the team I always wanted to coach, blah, blah blah. You like it, great, enjoy.    I hate it, but would tolerate it if he backed up one thing he spouted, but he never did. He is a moron, a one trick pony. The happiest day of my jet fandom was when they finally got rid of that moron, and I go back to the 70's.

AMEN Brother. I also hated Rex's big mouff and his talk, talk, talk about how tough his team was, what a great coach he is and all for nothing because he never showed me that he was any more than a very average coach. And a lousy Head coach. 

• 3 years later...

The Bears also signed Trey Burton 4 years 32 mill. Must be weird getting your young QB weapons!

Can't wait for our Marque signings, when we roll out Demario Davis, on a 4 years 40 mill deal. and Pernell McPhee on some over blown contract, because only thing we an do is over pay third tier Free Agents.

It looks like the Jets are toxic to any quality FA.

Archived