Mumbles gets away with Colossal mistake

afosomf

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That move was probably the reason they won.  If he calls a TO there - Seattle would have had more time to think about the play and would have realized how dumb it was.  

He wasn't going to give Seattle any extra time - he was playing for the stop....

He wasn't stopping lynch

That move was probably the reason they won.  If he calls a TO there - Seattle would have had more time to think about the play and would have realized how dumb it was.  

He wasn't going to give Seattle any extra time - he was playing for the stop....

I'm going to take a timeout to let you think about what you just posted.

That move was probably the reason they won. If he calls a TO there - Seattle would have had more time to think about the play and would have realized how dumb it was.

Funny you say that, watching with my brother and my father in law after the game my brother said the same thing...if BB would've called timeout someone on seattle may very well have pulled the plug on the pass play....BB choked and somehow came up aces.

Funny you say that, watching with my brother and my father in law after the game my brother said the same thing...if BB would've called timeout someone on seattle may very well have pulled the plug on the pass play....BB choked and somehow came up aces.

there was no way bellie was thinkin pass, mumbles choked only to be out choked by bevell

Bellie doesn't take a time out after Lynch gets to 1 yd line. Had this game ended correctly, the so called genius would have been crucified for stupidity.

If BB calls timeout there, Seattle regroups and does not call that pass play.

They give the ball to Lynch and win the Super Bowl.

I'm going to take a timeout to let you think about what you just posted.

so you think had they taken the TO Seattle would have still thrown the ball?  If they had 2 minutes to talk about the play - no way they end up deciding on a pass over the middle...with no backs in the backfield.

100% agree, Carroll didn't even sound like he knew they were passing after the game..he was covering for Bevell

Bellie doesn't take a time out after Lynch gets to 1 yd line. Had this game ended correctly, the so called genius would have been crucified for stupidity.

I was screaming with glee - "you fk'n idiot!"

so you think had they taken the TO Seattle would have still thrown the ball?  If they had 2 minutes to talk about the play - no way they end up deciding on a pass over the middle...with no backs in the backfield.

I think if he was ever going to call a timeout he would have done is sooner than waiting to see Seattle line up in shotgun. The Lynch run happened at 1:06, the pass play happened at :26.

He was never calling timeout. That was a mistake.

1st and 5 at NE 5 (1:06) M.Lynch left tackle to NE 1 for 4 yards (D.Hightower).     2nd and 1 at NE 1 (:26) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short right intended for R.Lockette INTERCEPTED by M.Butler at NE -1. M.Butler to NE 2 for 3 yards (R.Lockette). PENALTY on NE, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 1 yard, enforced at NE 2.       Timeout #2 by NE at 00:20.

It's more on Carroll than Bevell....That call is the HC's....and if he didn't know what play was coming that's even worse.

As insane as it sounds , and it sounds all time insane, I swear Carroll came off in the postgame like he was so caught up he assumed they were running and was thinking on the fly of cya excuses as to why the passed.

I think if he was ever going to call a timeout he would have done is sooner than waiting to see Seattle line up in shotgun. The Lynch run happened at 1:06, the pass play happened at :26.

1st and 5 at NE 5 (1:06) M.Lynch left tackle to NE 1 for 4 yards (D.Hightower).     2nd and 1 at NE 1 (:26) (Shotgun) R.Wilson pass short right intended for R.Lockette INTERCEPTED by M.Butler at NE -1. M.Butler to NE 2 for 3 yards (R.Lockette). PENALTY on NE, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 1 yard, enforced at NE 2.       Timeout #2 by NE at 00:20.

I'm not saying it was a smart move to not take the TO - or that this was the outcome he was looking for...but just the decision to not take the TO is probably why they won.

Seattle runs the ball if NE calls timeout.  They would have wanted to run the clock down if Lynch didn't score.

I think they simply outsmarted (out-dumbed?) themselves by thinking the Pats would be thinking the same thing with 25 seconds left and tried to pass it in.  I think not giving it to Lynch was dumb, but throwing it into a crowd of people was even dumber.  Take that Chris Mathews and throw him a fade if you insist on throwing it.

Seattle runs the ball if NE calls timeout.  They would have wanted to run the clock down if Lynch didn't score.

I think they simply outsmarted (out-dumbed?) themselves by thinking the Pats would be thinking the same thing with 25 seconds left and tried to pass it in.  I think not giving it to Lynch was dumb, but throwing it into a crowd of people was even dumber.  Take that Chris Mathews and throw him a fade if you insist on throwing it.

Or at least have a back in the backfield...run a play action.  I mean to not even have them thinking run.  and then to throw over the middle...

It's not just the fact that the threw (which is awful) it was the pass play called.  A bad call anytime from the 1 yard line.

The Jets have filed a lawsuit today against the Seahawks claiming the Jets have the patent on idiotic play calls that decide games.

Who else was thinking that was 'very Jet-like' as Seahawks lost 'that way'? 

smh, game , set , match if they run 3 times.

I think it might have entered Belichick's mind, but they used a TO earlier. 

The best case scenario in that situation is the Patriots get the ball with ~50 seconds (assuming they called a TO on the 1st and 5 and then the likely rushing TD) with no TOs needing to get 40-50 yards. 

And if the Patriots stopped Lynch on 2nd, the Seahawks could milk the clokc and get as many plays as they want.

actually I think this game ended the "let them score" philosophy for a loooong time

"make them earn it" is how it will go now

not so sure,,it sure ended the 'throw on 2nd down, when its 2nd and goal at 1 and u have best RB in NFL on your team' philosophy ;)

Or at least have a back in the backfield...run a play action. I mean to not even have them thinking run. and then to throw over the middle...

It's not just the fact that the threw (which is awful) it was the pass play called. A bad call anytime from the 1 yard line.

Yup, reminded me of the AFCCG in Pittsburgh. Shotty called a shotgun play during Pittsburghs goal line stand that had no threat of run whatsoever.......stupid.

If I'm Seattle and I want to throw, I line up in goal line formation, playaction and run a bootleg with Wilson. He either hits a TE crossing, runs it in or throws it away.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Ummm that had no bearing, hawks win with lynch running and bellie looks like village idiot with 20 seconds left and 3 to's in pocket.

Stupidity and Carroll's brainfart gave another * title away

He wasn't stopping lynch

Fun fact: Lynch had 5 carries during the season from the 1 yard line. Total of negative one yard, and one TD. So that wasn't a given either, but I'd still ride my luck with Lynch rather than passing.

Archived