Mumbles gets away with Colossal mistake

afosomf

Fun fact: Lynch had 5 carries during the season from the 1 yard line. Total of negative one yard, and one TD. So that wasn't a given either, but I'd still ride my luck with Lynch rather than passing.

Pats D was gassed, he almost scored from 5. when my wife also screamed why did they throw the ball ,u know it was gawd awful as she knows diddly bout football

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually thought I saw Belly say 'Let them score' on sidelines, knowing Lynch would score, and he would then have 20+ seconds to get a FG to tie game. 

Seahwaks might have walked into endzone if the ran

This is what i think was happening, and that Belicheat figured having 2 times out and 30 seconds was better then having 1 timeout and 45 seconds

Pats D was gassed, he almost scored from 5. when my wife also screamed why did they throw the ball ,u know it was gawd awful as she knows diddly bout football

No kidding, same with my wife. She even put up a FB status and she watches one game a year, the SB. I still have to tell her why teams punt.

LOL.

Good point!!

I just sat there with mouth wide open, thinking I was dreaming, it was so dumb a call...

This...

Pats were done...gassed emotionally too...A miraculous catch, he just ran five yards...Pats defense was already thinking they blew the Super Bowl...All the momentum was with Seattle...

not so sure,,it sure ended the 'throw on 2nd down, when its 2nd and goal at 1 and u have best RB in NFL on your team' philosophy ;)

we'll find out !   as time goes bye, I think wilsons seat will get hotter.  when pete carroll said that down was a "throw away play" he didn't mean wasted play, he meant if it isn't there, like really really open, you throw it away.  

maybe a more veteran guy just tosses it in the 10th row

sigh

That was a bad spot.  Genius?  How about the New England player foot sweeping the Seattle receiver.  LOL

Bellie could have challenged and did not

Carroll is not able to challenge obvious trip

Bellie really had a bad game, letting a TD with 6 seconds, all he had to do was tackle all the wr's and then make him kick a FG

Not calling TO should have cost him the game as well, bailed out by Bevell/PC

we'll find out !   as time goes bye, I think wilsons seat will get hotter.  when pete carroll said that down was a "throw away play" he didn't mean wasted play, he meant if it isn't there, like really really open, you throw it away.  

sigh

he was in pocket, throw away risks grounding penalty. dumb call all around. if you want to throw there you need to roll wilson out.

sigh

he was in pocket, throw away risks grounding penalty. dumb call all around. if you want to throw there you need to roll wilson out.

Last word from me on this.  Wilson HAD the play.  If not for a classic play by Butler, Lockette scores and we're not having this conversation.  Flat out, that kid makes the play of his life to save the Pats and sink the Seahawks.  The play call is irrelevant.

Last word from me on this.  Wilson HAD the play.  If not for a classic play by Butler, Lockette scores and we're not having this conversation.  Flat out, that kid makes the play of his life to save the Pats and sink the Seahawks.  The play call is irrelevant.

imho too risky. just ram the rock 3 times behind the best goal line back in football. it was an unnecessary risk. if a guy makes play of a life on a run play, lynch gets stopped for a 2 yard loss and you get to try again. no reason to put the ball in the air there.

imho too risky. just ram the rock 3 times behind the best goal line back in football. it was an unnecessary risk. if a guy makes play of a life on a run play, lynch gets stopped for a 2 yard loss and you get to try again. no reason to put the ball in the air there.

No question that if Lynch fails to score on three straight runs, everybody today is eviscerating Pete and Bevel for not throwing it at least once.

Bellie could have challenged and did not

Carroll is not able to challenge obvious trip

Bellie really had a bad game, letting a TD with 6 seconds, all he had to do was tackle all the wr's and then make him kick a FG

Not calling TO should have cost him the game as well, bailed out by Bevell/PC

You should be HC of the short bus team.

Lifetime job.

Receiver made a bad play too, if he doesn't try and catch it with his inside shoulder (towards middle of field) the Pat player has not path to the ball that isn't through the Seattle Wr. Great play by Butler, but easily preventable with better exection on Seattle side

Receiver made a bad play too, if he doesn't try and catch it with his inside shoulder (towards middle of field) the Pat player has not path to the ball that isn't through the Seattle Wr. Great play by Butler, but easily preventable with better exection on Seattle side

No doubt.  Think I saw that Bevel kinda threw Lockette under the bus by saying he was too soft on the route.

No doubt.  Think I saw that Bevel kinda threw Lockette under the bus by saying he was too soft on the route.

He did, and he did..

Man, this is a tough one to take. I can't imagine what some of those seattle guys are going through. Everyone in the world thought they were about to repeat. I am still in shock, the fact that is was the freaken patsies that benefited makes it unbearable

He did, and he did..

Man, this is a tough one to take. I can't imagine what some of those seattle guys are going through. Everyone in the world thought they were about to repeat. I am still in shock, the fact that is was the freaken patsies that benefited makes it unbearable

Lockette caught a whomping 11 catches all yr,  to depend on him is mind boggling, with beastmode in place

He did, and he did..

I wrote in another thread that if we had lost that same way, I'd be dead somewhere.  You're right about the Seahawk fans.  I doubt anybody slept or will stop running the end of that game for months if not years.  Absolutely brutal loss.

I wrote in another thread that if we had lost that same way, I'd be dead somewhere.  You're right about the Seahawk fans.  I doubt anybody slept or will stop running the end of that game for months if not years.  Absolutely brutal loss.

Sh1t  I am not a hawks fan and I almost took a gas pipe. Pat fans are worst in NFL and Im surrounding by the c0ckturds

I agree this was an epic blunder by Belichick (though it will be swept under the rug).  I also agree the Seahawks might've run the ball and taken the lead had the Pats called TO.  In other words, it was an epic blunder but it might have directly led to the Pats winning that game.  Crazy how football (and sports in general) works.  Even when Belichick makes a mistake (which is rare) it works out for him.  Amazing! 

It also is interesting how the best coach in football even makes bad clock management decisions.  For a guy as thorough as Belichick, it's hard to believe he made that mistake.

Archived