ESPN at war with Pats?

AFJF

No stories online from what I can see but heard this morning on WFAN.  I did notice the on-field postgame situation with Sal Pal and what was apparently a Pats exec that was pulling a player away from him.  Apparently Kraft is upset at ESPN reporting the facts on deflategate and telling players/team not to speak to them.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the patriots are not the most media friendly team to say the least. I would think that Kraft is upset about the coverage, as the only thing that they did was a sport science thing saying it appears that a 2lb deflation made no perceptible change. You would think that ESPN would have done a sport science experiment detailing what would occur  with the temp drop and wet ball.  A few universities or affiliated labs  have already done so and  ESPN could have done one also.  I can't understand why they have not, if a team is using that as an excuse. 

Well the patriots are not the most media friendly team to say the least. I would think that Kraft is upset about the coverage, as the only thing that they did was a sport science thing saying it appears that a 2lb deflation made no perceptible change. You would think that ESPN would have done a sport science experiment detailing what would occur  with the temp drop and wet ball.  A few universities or affiliated labs  have already done so and  ESPN could have done one also.  I can't understand why they have not, if a team is using that as an excuse. 

R U a numbskill, the 2 PSI decrease is a major factor in bad weather games.

U guys are dense, Pats have been playing with deflated footballs since 2007. all the bad weather games they played in are asterisked

You sound like that bitter old man who sits on the front porch in a rocking chair who pulls a gun on your 7-year old neighbor when his football accidentally goes into your yard.

R U a numbskill, the 2 PSI decrease is a major factor in bad weather games.

I am not a numbskull and can you not read? I said the ESPN sport Science report said that. I have no idea what effect 2 psi would have on a ball other than make it hurt more if you fell on it. 

It's a thread about ESPN, and how they should tread lightly in reporting facts as some teams find them to be offensive.

Oh, I know. Espn threaded very lightly regarding the "circus", boutygate, spygate,   Sterling, the dolphins Oline, Dungy's and Reed's kids, Ray Rice, Ray Lewis,  And it is not the facts, the story has gone from a ball boy to an elderly man deflating 12 balls in 90 seconds.

Oh, I know. Espn threaded very lightly regarding the "circus", boutygate, spygate,   Sterling, the dolphins Oline, Dungy's and Reed's kids, Ray Rice, Ray Lewis,

Valid point. Maybe they should only tread lightly with the Pats then.  None of those other teams asked for special treatment or cried about it afterward.

I am not a numbskull and can you not read? I said the ESPN sport Science report said that. I have no idea what effect 2 psi would have on a ball other than make it hurt more if you fell on it. 

2PSI lower makes the ballk easier to hang on to, therefore fewer fumbles, therefore HUGE advantage to a team that doctors the balls to achieve this PSI.

U can also asterisk every game, major advantage for deflated comes in bad weather games

I am thinking all the trophies, the 4 lombardi and the 6 Hunts  in separate room in canton that is in the dark, and is locked so that only 21 and over  can view it as we would not want America's young to be exposed.

You sound like that bitter old man who sits on the front porch in a rocking chair who pulls a gun on your 7-year old neighbor when his football accidentally goes into your yard.

You sound like Jeffrey Dahmer who when finally caught by the police said "What? Everyone does it!"

Hint.  As with Spygate everyone doesn't do it and even if they thought about doing it, they have something called a moral compass to prevent them.

2PSI lower makes the ballk easier to hang on to, therefore fewer fumbles, therefore HUGE advantage to a team that doctors the balls to achieve this PSI.

Wow, I never heard that before, did you read that somewhere lately?  We have newspapers and the internet up here in NE also.  I posted what the ESPN sport Science said and attributed to that segment. That is all. 

I am thinking all the trophies, the 4 lombardi and the 6 Hunts  in separate room in canton that is in the dark, and is locked so that only 21 and over  can view it as we would not want America's young to be exposed.

No... Those trophies will simply end up being viewed the same way that Barry Bonds home run record is viewed today.  The trophies will never be mentioned without also mentioning the systematic cheating that was used to get them

Like the game Sunday night?

I'm sure those balls were deflated as well.

Not saying it is impossible for your team to win even a single game without deflated balls.  I am simply saying that the statistics on fumbling since 2006 in and of itself are proof that some cheating has been taking place.  Now we all know why.

Not saying it is impossible for your team to win even a single game without deflated balls.  I am simply saying that the statistics on fumbling since 2006 in and of itself are proof that some cheating has been taking place.  Now we all know why.

Gotta love Jets fans.

They have the greatest excuses of any fanbase in the NFL.

Oh, I know. Espn threaded very lightly regarding the "circus", boutygate, spygate,   Sterling, the dolphins Oline, Dungy's and Reed's kids, Ray Rice, Ray Lewis,  And it is not the facts, the story has gone from a ball boy to an elderly man deflating 12 balls in 90 seconds.

11 balls do keep up.

There is a video out there showing a reporter taking a bag of balls into a bathroom, deflating all 12 and being back out in 40 seconds.  Maybe your ball boy actually took a piss as well while he was in there

Gotta love Jets fans.

They have the greatest excuses of any fanbase in the NFL.

This isn't a Jets Fan thing.  It is the entire country and after these past two week I am going to have to say that the worlds heavyweight champions of excuse making fans in any sport in the history of mankind have to be Patriots fans....  And that one is a landslide. 

Somewhere in the dark places in your head that you don't wasn't to talk about you do know some mathematics and you also know that those fumbling statistics are just as potent forensic evidence as a smoking gun in the hand.

They prove competitive advantage

They prove duration

They prove none of this happened by accident

Not only duration but it also proves the Pats were already cheating again/still even while promised the commissioner on a stack of bibles a mile high that they would go forth and cheat no more.  Even as they were saying that they knew they were lying.

How many other ways have they been cheating?

Let's put it another way.  If I have the record over a statistically significant sample size that a roulette wheel in Las Vegas is hitting on number 7 once in every 15 times then I don't need to know exactly how they did it in order to determine that the wheel has been doctored.

Those fumbling statistics over an 8 year period are enough to prove beyond any doubt the Pats were cheating.

Period.

Is there any credibility to the Patriots denials in the past about not interfering with the team's radio signals?

Come to that is there any credibility any more whenever the Patriots deny anything?

Give what we know about the moral compasses up there I think we might even want to assume the Patriots knew far more about Aaron Hernandez' dark side than they want to let on and that the only time they showed any moral outrage was after he was already in leg irons.  He did help them win after all.

Archived