ESPN at war with Pats?

AFJF

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so are pats fans still trying to defend yet another tainted Lombardi?

Poor little guys.. Maybe 1 day you'll win a legitimate one like the Jets have

The jets don't have a Lombardi.  Next week the new one will be on display, I will take a picture and post it.

It's not cheating.

It's called gaining a competitive advantage, something the Pats do better than the other 31 teams in the league.

So we get to the heart of the matter at last TX.  What you are essentially saying is that even if they did what they are being accused of doing that you see no real problem with it.  The cost of doing business.  Pay the fine, take the punishment and all the while laughing at the other 31 teams for not being smart enough to have done it first.

Just like Spygate.

But what if the other 31 owners do not want to live in a world like that?  What choice would they have to rid themselves of such an infection?

So we get to the heart of the matter at last TX.

But what if the other 31 owners do not want to live in a world like that? What choice would they have to rid themselves of such an infection?

Who gives a crap about the other 31 owners.

Did their teams win 4 Super Bowl titles in the last 15 years?

Well I never said we should wait for a official report before discussing it. I however am put off by the total lack of the environmental hypothesis in the ESPN newscasts. I understand that their job is to sell airtime, but you would think that Murdoch owned them in their presentation 

They probably have no expertise in assessing environmental impacts. And even if they hired someone with expertise (headsmart?) how could anyone there possibly judge the quality of the hired expert's opinion? Much safer to wait for the official report, then wait for the opinions of outside experts before entering the fray.

Just like video taping, the issue for the NFL becomes if you do not draw the line here then where do you draw it?

What about lacing the water coolers in some way so as to give the opposing team stomach problems?  Cheating or gaining a competitive advantage?

What about interfering with the ability of the other team to send radio signals in from the sidelines to finding a way to listen in on them?  Cheating or competitive advantage?

If the above two options are not examples of cheating then the hypothetical examples can get even more extreme.  At the end of the day however the question remains the same.  At what point is a line drawn that cannot be crossed?  And then if that line is crossed what should be the punishment?

I believe we are at that point now.  Given the past record I think that if the New England Patriots are once again shown to be guilty of cheating the rules in a systematic and premeditated way that the punishment needs to be sufficiently severe so that no other team ever decides to roll that dice again.

I leave it up to others what punishment meets that litmus test but it is not going to be just draft choices and/or fines.  We are way beyond draft choices and fines here.

Who gives a crap about the other 31 owners.

Did their teams win 4 Super Bowl titles in the last 15 years?

If they give a sufficient crap about the Patriots then you guys are history.

And by the way you didn't "win" four of them either.

I guess by your standards Barry Bonds 73-homer season is legitimate.

so are pats fans still trying to defend yet another tainted Lombardi?

Poor little guys.. Maybe 1 day you'll win a legitimate one like the Jets have

I'm not. I could care less what a bunch of jealous haters think, especially since none of them even make sense, and just make a bunch of stuff up.

Lombardi #4 is sweet.

Many reports of visiting teams communication equipment not working correctly in Cheatriot land. It could be the Cheatriots or their fans

Here's the frequency the Cheaters use:

New England Patriots 464.9375 QB: 245  Defense: 731

The Reptilian Overlords demand Patriots dominance. 

then why are both of you here all the time and defending the cheating scumbags like your life depends on it ?

I see through all of you sad clowns

This is my first post in a month. 

I feel no need to defend the Patriots. Brady won his 4th ring. All your conspiracy theories just sound ridiculous. I might laugh at them, but don't expect me to put much effort in telling you why you're wrong. It's like explaining to someone that the light in the sky is an airplane, and not the beginning stages of an alien invasion. You don't care much when they don't believe you.

This is my first post in a month. 

I feel no need to defend the Patriots. Brady won his 4th ring. All your conspiracy theories just sound ridiculous. I might laugh at them, but don't expect me to put much effort in telling you why you're wrong. It's like explaining to someone that the light in the sky is an airplane, and not the beginning stages of an alien invasion. You don't care much when they don't believe you.

The Pats* suck.

Just like video taping, the issue for the NFL becomes if you do not draw the line here then where do you draw it?

What about lacing the water coolers in some way so as to give the opposing team stomach problems?  Cheating or gaining a competitive advantage?

What about interfering with the ability of the other team to send radio signals in from the sidelines to finding a way to listen in on them?  Cheating or competitive advantage?

If the above two options are not examples of cheating then the hypothetical examples can get even more extreme.  At the end of the day however the question remains the same.  At what point is a line drawn that cannot be crossed?  And then if that line is crossed what should be the punishment?

I believe we are at that point now.  Given the past record I think that if the New England Patriots are once again shown to be guilty of cheating the rules in a systematic and premeditated way that the punishment needs to be sufficiently severe so that no other team ever decides to roll that dice again.

I leave it up to others what punishment meets that litmus test but it is not going to be just draft choices and/or fines.  We are way beyond draft choices and fines here.

Wow. I suspect you're going to be severely disappointed then. Unless there's a smoking gun somewhere, and given the state of the current reporting, it's rather clear the facts are muddled at best. "11 balls, 1 ball." "All balls well under legal limit. 1 ball under and the rest just a tad under,"  "The refs checked the balls before the game, the refs didn't actually record any psi data pre-game."  It goes on and on. Players on both sides, "PSI matrters, Psi Doesn't Matter", "he Pat's are cheaters, Everybody's done it forever, It's no big deal."

ad infinitum.

Sorry, but there will be no significant fines, miniscule if any. No loss of draft picks. And certainly no banishment, scarlet letters, public hangings or any other punishment you dream about at night.

Wow. I suspect you're going to be severely disappointed then. Unless there's a smoking gun somewhere, and given the state of the current reporting, it's rather clear the facts are muddled at best. "11 balls, 1 ball." "All balls well under legal limit. 1 ball under and the rest just a tad under,"  "The refs checked the balls before the game, the refs didn't actually record any psi data pre-game."  It goes on and on. Players on both sides, "PSI matrters, Psi Doesn't Matter", "he Pat's are cheaters, Everybody's done it forever, It's no big deal."

ad infinitum.

Sorry, but there will be no significant fines, miniscule if any. No loss of draft picks. And certainly no banishment, scarlet letters, public hangings or any other punishment you dream about at night.

Did you know that you spelled Yastrzemski correctly?  I thought you spelled it differently as a tribute to your uncle?

ad infinitum.

Wow. You sound pretty confident for someone who has a Sword of Damocles hanging over their team's head. I'd prefer to see what actually happens here before speaking out too loudly.

The best outcome for Pats fans at this point is minimal punishment and a lifetime trying to explain how they are not really Barry Bonds.  The is the very best it is ever going to get for them.  This story is never going away and the general persception of this as a scumbag organization full of cheaters is going to be  world they live in from now on.

That is the best they can hope for.

For myself I suspect something else is really going on here. The sequence of how the news actually came out.  The Patriots being quiet for the first few days seemingly until they could figure out how much the Commissioner actually knew and then the vigorous denials and later on the demands for an apology.  All of this smells to me like the Patriots were being baited into exactly those actions and then later on if there is more to the story, then the actual cover up and the lying about it becomes a far bigger story that the cheating itself.  I think that the Patriots organization is on the hairy edge of something far worse for them here.

Just picture a reluctant, almost tearful commissioner having to mete out justice even if it to his close personal friend if that is where the evidence leads.  I think Goodell gets a complete gets out of jail free card for the Ray Rice mess the harder he comes down on the Pats here.  If he goes lightly on them then it is Ray Rice all over again and worse.  Legitimate complaints of favoritism and unfair playing fields.

Pats fans thinking the Goodell is going to go easy on them again.  What a shocker to find that Pats fans believe this.

I'll take my chances that  We AREN'T "way beyond draft choices and fines here".

I think lifetime suspensions for Belichick, Brady and Garoppolo, forfeiture of the 2007-2014 seasons, abdication of the SB 49 Lombardi and a Donald Sterling-esque forced sale of the team is most likely given the allegations I have heard. 

I think lifetime suspensions for Belichick, Brady and Garoppolo, forfeiture of the 2007-2014 seasons, abdication of the SB 49 Lombardi and a Donald Sterling-esque forced sale of the team is most likely given the allegations I have heard. 

Bringing the game into disrepute. Jeopardizing the continued financial success of the league.  If the games are shown to have been systematically rigged by one team for year then pick your punishment. 

And don't underestimate the potential for the other 31 owners to get pissed enough to force the commissioner to do something about one of their fellow owners stealing from the rest of them by cheating.

If anything more comes out that is detrimental to the Patriots, anything at all then this whole situation could go nuclear very quickly.

Until then Barry Bonds = Arod = Lance Armstrong = New England Patriots = best case for you guys

Bringing the game into disrepute. Jeopardizing the continued financial success of the league.  If the games are shown to have been systematically rigged by one team for year then pick your punishment. 

And don't underestimate the potential for the other 31 owners to get pissed enough to force the commissioner to do something about one of their fellow owners stealing from the rest of them by cheating.

If anything more comes out that is detrimental to the Patriots, anything at all then this whole situation could go nuclear very quickly.

Until then Barry Bonds = Arod = Lance Armstrong = New England Patriots = best case for you guys

Yep, just like they forced Pat Bowlen out. 

It's amusing how you lump the Patriots together with PED users given that Calvin Pace, Thomas Jones, LaRon Landry and Santonio Holmes all played -- or currently play -- for your very own team.   Best case for "us guys" is anything that doesn't involve draft pick forfeiture or lengthy suspensions.   Anyone with a keyboard and a thought in their head about the Patriots, no matter how asinine, can post it on the internet, so that doesn't enter into the equation. 

The best outcome for Pats fans at this point is minimal punishment and a lifetime trying to explain how they are not really Barry Bonds.  The is the very best it is ever going to get for them.  This story is never going away and the general persception of this as a scumbag organization full of cheaters is going to be  world they live in from now on.

That is the best they can hope for.

For myself I suspect something else is really going on here. The sequence of how the news actually came out.  The Patriots being quiet for the first few days seemingly until they could figure out how much the Commissioner actually knew and then the vigorous denials and later on the demands for an apology.  All of this smells to me like the Patriots were being baited into exactly those actions and then later on if there is more to the story, then the actual cover up and the lying about it becomes a far bigger story that the cheating itself.  I think that the Patriots organization is on the hairy edge of something far worse for them here.

Just picture a reluctant, almost tearful commissioner having to mete out justice even if it to his close personal friend if that is where the evidence leads.  I think Goodell gets a complete gets out of jail free card for the Ray Rice mess the harder he comes down on the Pats here.  If he goes lightly on them then it is Ray Rice all over again and worse.  Legitimate complaints of favoritism and unfair playing fields.

Pats fans thinking the Goodell is going to go easy on them again.  What a shocker to find that Pats fans believe this.

The one problem is that the Pats won the SB. That may protect them, despite guilt. I think they may get away with it for that reason.

I'm not. I could care less what a bunch of jealous haters think, especially since none of them even make sense, and just make a bunch of stuff up.

Lombardi #4 is sweet.

If you could care less, it means you do care atleast a little... perfectly evidenced by the amount of time you spend here defending it

+1

That post says it all.

same for this vile creature, your behavior contradicts your words.

taints

Archived