What would your draft look like if we traded out of the first round

khesanh

I don't know what we would receive for the first round pick as far as picks, so I picked it up in the second

Dorial Green-Beckham - Oklahoma

WR

2nd

Hau'oli Jamora - Washington

OLB

2nd

Ty Sambrailo - Colorado St.

OT

3rd

Bryce Petty - Baylor

QB

3rd

Steven Nelson - Oregon State

CB

4th

Stephone Anthony - Clemson

ILB

4th

Tre McBride - William & Mary

WR

5th

Kurtis Drummond - Michigan St

FS

6th

Its a decent haul (and i'm impressed with how man jets fans are on board with DGB)... 

However, i don't think you've layed out a scenario that resembles anything realistic. No team with a 1st round pick is going to trade up to #6, and not give up THEIR 1st round pick. BUF is the only team that doesn't have a pick in hte first, and there's no such thing as a team with no pick in the first 1st trading up to #6. They'd have to mortgage their team. We'd be getting players, picks and pussy. 

You are correct Paradis, I didn't, but if all is true with Philly wanting to trade up for Marriota, then this could happen as well as.  Cleveland also has 2 1st rounders this year as well and have made it known that they need a quarterback 

Any trade out of the first round would likely involve getting next year's first round pick and a ton of other stuff. A fair trade on the chart for example would be #6 to the team picking 14th for their second, third, and fourth this year and first, second, third, and fifth next year. It's likely too much to be realistic. 

Or if you traded a first for a first and a second for fair value down the board you'd get #13 and that team's second for #6, then say #22 and that team's second plus an 7th for #13, then #31 and that team's second plus a 7th for #22, then say #49 and that team's third for #31. You'd end up with 5 second round picks and 2 third round picks plus the late rounders. 

Great for filling holes, but this team's probably going to do that in FA in which case they could use some top end talent.

You are correct Paradis, I didn't, but if all is true with Philly wanting to trade up for Marriota, then this could happen as well as.  Cleveland also has 2 1st rounders this year as well and have made it known that they need a quarterback 

They have not made it known. Just because some talking head says so on TV does not make it so. I think it is much more likely that they keep Hoyer and Manziel. Rather than bring in a guy with the same skill set question marks as Manziel has although with a much better personality.

Sambrailo is a little late on your board,

I like many players in this mock but I wouldnt touch DGB. I also think that Drummond will be off the board way earlier than the 6th round. 

Though I will say that Hau'oli and Steven Nelson are some of my favorites heading into the draft. They're 2 of the 4 players that Im very high on. 

Instead of DGB I'd take Jaelen Strong, and I think Drummond is off the board as early as the 2nd round and no later than the 4th. He could start for some NFL teams right now, like the Jets at FS. 

OK, if you're going to go that route, then that we still get their #1 pick. so we'd picking #20

I would freak the heck out, if we traded out of the first and got no first round pick.  That's a drastic fall (even if you factor in a first round pick next year) so then we would have to be talking players and us getting someone that may have equal value to a first round pick.  Trading out of a top 6 spot to all the way to the second round is incredibly steep, so it should net us a stud somewhere, so I can't really go on with the draft not knowing who or what we picked up.  

To me, there are two scenarios that we trade down:   

Browns:  They want a QB (or a WR- ironic) and trade their two picks to move up (although I think Washington lines up perfect for this move).

Eagles:   They would have to work a three way I'd assume, or throw in players.  One thing that's interesting to me.  Would you do, first, Jordan Mathews, and first next year?  We know the Jets were interested in Mathews last year (although different group) and would help solve part of the WR problems for us.  Would the Eagles do it?  

I would freak the heck out, if we traded out of the first and got no first round pick.  That's a drastic fall (even if you factor in a first round pick next year) so then we would have to be talking players and us getting someone that may have equal value to a first round pick.  Trading out of a top 6 spot to all the way to the second round is incredibly steep, so it should net us a stud somewhere, so I can't really go on with the draft not knowing who or what we picked up.  

To me, there are two scenarios that we trade down:   

Browns:  They want a QB (or a WR- ironic) and trade their two picks to move up (although I think Washington lines up perfect for this move).

Eagles:   They would have to work a three way I'd assume, or throw in players.  One thing that's interesting to me.  Would you do, first, Jordan Mathews, and first next year?  We know the Jets were interested in Mathews last year (although different group) and would help solve part of the WR problems for us.  Would the Eagles do it?  

Agree with you Cleveland would be perfect, but don't see it. As far as Philly goes, if they offer #20 in 1st, their 2nd this year, the pick we lose for Harvin(either 4th 0r 6th this year) and Mycheal kendricks, then I'd listen. No interest in Matthews. Shaq Evans will be better, trust me.

Agree with you Cleveland would be perfect, but don't see it. As far as Philly goes, if they offer #20 in 1st, their 2nd this year, the pick we lose for Harvin(either 4th 0r 6th this year) and Mycheal kendricks, then I'd listen. No interest in Matthews. Shaq Evans will be better, trust me.

Isn't Kendricks a FA after the season though? 

I really like Mathews better than Evans, I think he could really shine in his second year.  Evans has some potential, but until he does something, I'm not sure I can count on him.  I mainly mentioned Mathews because he has talent, and would be under control for three more years at cheap salary rate.  

Archived