Important Harvin Date

KRL

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see the new Jets front office doubling down on an Idzik panic move. We traded for Harvin to save face when our team was already out of it. Harvin came in and looked OK, but nothing special. Not worth 10Million and not worth a 4th rounder when you are still going to have to pay him big money. 

The Seahawks, a team on the verge of a super  bowl, said "meh, we rather have a 6th round pick than keep this guy." What does that tell you about the guy? 

If Idzik was still around I would bet Harvin would stay, but this new front office has zero invested in Harvin. 

The guy is certainly not just a kick returner.  One can argue that they don't want him due to character or his injuries or his price but to say he has no value as an offensive player is silly.  Take a look at his game logs on NFL.com in his career.  He's had consistent good production when healthy and puts up big numbers a few times a year.

If we can get a better player in Fa fine go for it but saying he couldn't be productive in a spread system in which the oc likes to get players with big play ability the ball is not sound imo.

As soon as they can the Jets brass will sit down with Harvin to get his mind set. Bowles is a straight forward dude who will ask the questions that need to be answered.

Here's what we expect from you discussion.

If Bowles is satisfied & Harvin wants to be a Jet, the decision will now be Chans. If Chan wants to use Harvin in his offense & believes he'll be able get him the touches he needs to be happy, Harvin will be a Jet in 2015.

I'm seeing threads being started that we shouldn't go after CJ Spiller? What are you people NUTS! If you don't have a franchise QB, you need players around your starter that can produce on their own with the ball in their hands.

If the Jets end up with a stud like Cooper in the draft you will have play makers all over the place! Tom Brady threw 50 times & 90% of the throws were 5 yards or less. Edelman & Vareen combined for 20 catches & squeezed out 2/3 extra yards each time they touched the ball.

Imagine, Harvin, Spiller forcing defenses to spread out! These guys have the ability to break one at any time. Now add Decker, Cooper, Kerley, Amaro.

That's a lot of talent working in an areas that having guys like Harvin & Spiller in the flats. It opens up all kinds of slants to the WRs, Amaro in the seem because safeties have to protect the sideline.

If you signed Spiller, resigned Harvin & got lucky & Cooper dropped to you your Offense would be set! You'd still have close to 40 million left, (I see Harris, Pace, Babin, Colon, Johnson) all being cut.

Sign Iupati, Maxwell and a stud LB. Your next 2nd & 3rd round picks are BPA.

Reilly & Ik replace Pace & Babin. FA MLB replaces Harris, Maxwell replaces Walls, Williams shocks us & wins one starter position, a Milliner & McDougle get phased back in after injuries in Nickle & Dime packages.

Dozier/Winters/Aboushi fight it out for the other guard spot opposite Iupati.

Just in this scenario we could be watching a team whose defense keeps them close in the 1st quarter of the season until the offense starts jelling. If our Jets could start hot, with the O getting better each week 2015 could be a very cool season.

QB & who that is will be the biggest mystery, but whoever is taking snaps will be surrounded by playmakers if Chan can put in the system to get them the ball in space.

Go Jets!

On top of all the other talk about the first week of FA, there is more to it than just the Jets getting to try to replace him before he is cut.  The FO and Harvin's agents get to gauge the market.  It will be pretty to easy to ballpark what kind of money he'd get on the open market.  I think a bunch of you guys underestimate the value of no dead money in the contract

On top of all the other talk about the first week of FA, there is more to it than just the Jets getting to try to replace him before he is cut.  The FO and Harvin's agents get to gauge the market.  It will be pretty to easy to ballpark what kind of money he'd get on the open market.  I think a bunch of you guys underestimate the value of no dead money in the contract

Great point on the no dead money.

Very rare that you can get stud NFL player for a 1 year contract unless he started with you & you franchise him or he falls out of the sky like Revis did for the Patriots!

Freaking Patriots are good but god damn they are the luckiest franchise around! They have arguably the best QB in history giving home team discounts (Brady restructured his contract many times), Lovie Smith takes over the Bucs & cuts Revis allowing the Patriots a chance to sign a top 3 CB for a Superbowl run, I honestly think Pats don't win a SB without Revis.

But I digress, normally a guy like Harvin would be big upfront money & a 3 year contract to boot. Instead if Bowles thinks he can keep him on the straight & narrow we give him 10 million with no future risk. (You guys act like u don't want to spend Woodys money he got from you).

If the Jets were in cap squeeze I could see the concern but these guys are gonna have trouble deciding what to do with this money & the contracts they give out solely on the fact they have a ton & the agents know this.

I want all YOUNG proven players, Iupati, Clay, Maxwell, even Spiller is still pretty young & would be cheaper than CJ2 was in 2014.

There is another sleeper FA out there that I've seen mentioned just once in these threads & that's Graham from Philly!

Every time I have watched an Eagles game this guy is balling & making plays. Would be a MONSTER playing with Mo, Coples & Sheldon.

Won't be one bit surprised if he's signed in the 1st couple days of Free Agency if Eagles can't get something done.

Legitimate pass rusher, twice the player Pace is at this stage of their careers.

Archived