Which of the seven new NFL head coaches was the best hire ? ? ?

kelly

Look at these two Ms. Cleo (lol), always guessing wrong. These two kept saying that Rex will never get another HC job.

Not only these two "know it all" were wrong but now they are messing with facts.

Rex was the first HC hired. These two actually know for sure (like when they knew that Rex will never get another HC job) that the others team that Rex interviewed were not going to offer Rex their HC position. :shutup:

WOW, Tom and integrated just got viciously owned by the legendary DRJets.

Damn DR, you can really bring the heat when you have to.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's more than 3.  I know Vermeil, Coughlin, Belichick, and Carroll off the top of my head. In fact going back to Gruden in 2002, 8 out of last 13 super bowls were won by head coaches that were not in their first jobs.

It's 12 of the last 20...if you include Dungy, Gruden and Shannahan.

Fact is retreads aren't bad decisions.  People get smarter and learn and being a HC in the NFL is very often a function of circumstances.  QB play and talent.

I, personally, would have loved to have Kubiak.  I'm not unhappy with Bowles and certainly think he was the best coordinator hire but I was really hoping for someone with experience.

Question when Mangini went 4-12 in 2007 was he also screwing the team over?? And like some others now here you brought all of that Rex hate over from JI I see..

My Rex "hate" has been completely validated by Rex himself  proving on the field what a complete blowhard fraud he was.

Look at these two Ms. Cleo (lol), always guessing wrong. These two kept saying that Rex will never get another HC job.

Not only these two "know it all" were wrong but now they are messing with facts.

Rex was the first HC hired. These two actually know for sure (like when they knew that Rex will never get another HC job) that the others team that Rex interviewed were not going to offer Rex their HC position. :shutup:

I never said Rex wouldn't get another job, I actually insisted he would with the rationale that the are dumber more desperate franchises in the NFL than the Jets .

But yeah, tell is all about who was wrong.

You are the least relevant never of this site, I would guess the only reason you go unbanned is that the mods keep you around so members can slap you around.

I never said Rex wouldn't get another job, I actually insisted he would with the rationale that the are dumber more desperate franchises in the NFL than the Jets .

But yeah, tell is all about who was wrong.

You are the least relevant never of this site, I would guess the only reason you go unbanned is that the mods keep you around so members can slap you around.

Come on APE you and your peons  :yes:  here in the forum kept telling us that Rex will never get another job and that the only job he would get was as a coordinator. Not only you guys were wrong but he was the first head coach to get a job. Now the talking memo is that the Bills was the only job he could get.  :animal0029:  That is how far the hatred goes.  Lovable loser like Kubiak who hasn't won anything get admiration but Rex who has been to two AFFC (more than any Jets coach, not saying much it is what it is)  get hate and actually is the team you root for.   You just can't let it go.  He is a Bills coach now.   

Come on APE you and your peons  :yes:  here in the forum kept telling us that Rex will never get another job and that the only job he would get was as a coordinator. Not only you guys were wrong but he was the first head coach to get a job. Now the talking memo is that the Bills was the only job he could get.  :animal0029:  That is how far the hatred goes.  Lovable loser like Kubiak who hasn't won anything get admiration but Rex who has been to two AFFC (more than any Jets coach, not saying much it is what it is)  get hate and actually is the team you root for.   You just can't let it go.  He is a Bills coach now.   

Like I said, I predicted he would absolutely get another job, stating clearly at the time that other franchises make stupid decisions too. Why don't you put some of the energy you dump into vomiting ridiculous sh*t all over the board into using the search function?

Also, nobody has ever heard of a "talking memo". I assume you're going for "the narrative", but are confused by the 7th grade vocabulary word.

Also, also... The reason I hate Rex is because I root for the Jets. He was terrible for the Jets and now he's the coach of a rival. Do you understand what rival means?

Like I said, I predicted he would absolutely get another job, stating clearly at the time that other franchises make stupid decisions too. Why don't you put some of the energy you dump into vomiting ridiculous sh*t all over the board into using the search function?

Also, nobody has ever heard of a "talking memo". I assume you're going for "the narrative", but are confused by the 7th grade vocabulary word.

Also, also... The reason I hate Rex is because I root for the Jets. He was terrible for the Jets and now he's the coach of a rival. Do you understand what rival means?

You did but when Rex became a hot commodity then you changed the story.  

BTW when you come out of your cave you will get to know more English words. lol

Yeah Rex was so terrible that he only took our team to TWO AFFC with the talents he was given and of course those AFFC trip comes very frequently for our franchise, YES?  :animal0028:   

Yeah Rex was so terrible that he only took our team to TWO AFFC with the talents he was given and of course those AFFC trip comes very frequently for our franchise, YES?  :animal0028:   

I said Rex would get another HC job before he was even fired from the Jets. As usual, you're wrong and foolish. 

When I "change my story" about things, I do it without running from it. Just like I did regarding Idzik. 

Bill Polian on NFL insiders said the team that put together the best GM/ Coaching staff this offseason was...drum roll please

The NY Jets!

Coming from a HOF that makes me feel pretty good about the direction we are headed in.

Bill Polian on NFL insiders said the team that put together the best GM/ Coaching staff this offseason was...drum roll please

The NY Jets!

Coming from a HOF that makes me feel pretty good about the direction we are headed in.

Didn't Polian also back out of a Bills position once Marrone opted out of his contract?

Didn't Polian also back out of a Bills position once Marrone opted out of his contract?

Yes, Polian was considering being a consultant but when the coach left he said he didn't want to be part of a total rebuild including getting a new coach.

Dr. Jets:  I see a 11-5 season for the bills. 

If the Bills get any kind of decent QB play (a BIG if), with that defense and those playmakers, could have a very good season. 

I am confident you will see a seasoned QB for the Bills this season.  Thank you Rex.  People love to play for him.

John Idzik chose the Jets QB's  not Rex.  It's different here in Buffalo 

This is how I know you're DRJETS. 

You say stupid things that aren't true, with a petulant undertone of needing to correct people that aren't wrong.

By his own admission, and corroborated by everyone in the Jets organization at the time, Rex Ryan hand-picked Mark Sanchez. 

You say stupid things that aren't true, with a petulant undertone of needing to correct people that aren't wrong.

By his own admission, and corroborated by everyone in the Jets organization at the time, Rex Ryan hand-picked Mark Sanchez. 

Tanny liked him also as well as Shotty do you remember the 2 things that sold them on Sanchez??

Well,  I am not Dr. Jets and I am sure if you know any of the moderators on this blog they can verify that our Computer ID's are different.  Secondly,  what's wrong with Mark Sanchez?  Wouldn't mind having him here in Buffalo.  Who picked Geno Smith?

Well,  I am not Dr. Jets and I am sure if you know any of the moderators on this blog they can verify that our Computer ID's are different.  Secondly,  what's wrong with Mark Sanchez?  Wouldn't mind having him here in Buffalo.  Who picked Geno Smith?

A few posts prior you said that "John Idzik picked the Jets QBs, not Rex". You are wrong, as I have already stated. Rex chose Sanchez. Idzik chose Geno and brought in Vick to try and get us past Sanchez. 

Sanchez is an awful NFL QB, largely due to the debilitating lack of development he received here his first 5 years with Rex. 

The quickness with which you point to mods verifying computer IDs pretty much seals the fact that you and DRJETS are the same. It's pretty awesome that getting your ass handed to you under one persona wasn't enough.

How about Geno Smith and Michael Vick?  I am not Dr. Jets but you clearly have the option to believe what you want to believe.

A few posts prior you said that "John Idzik picked the Jets QBs, not Rex". You are wrong, as I have already stated. Rex chose Sanchez. Idzik chose Geno and brought in Vick to try and get us past Sanchez. 

Sanchez is an awful NFL QB, largely due to the debilitating lack of development he received here his first 5 years with Rex. 

The quickness with which you point to mods verifying computer IDs pretty much seals the fact that you and DRJETS are the same. It's pretty awesome that getting your ass handed to you under one persona wasn't enough.

You're absolutely correct,  I am wrong about Sanchez.  I was right about Geno Smith and Vick.  Wouldn't mind having Sanchez in Buffalo.  I am not Dr. Jets but believe what you want to believe.

You're absolutely correct,  I am wrong about Sanchez.  I was right about Geno Smith and Vick.  Wouldn't mind having Sanchez in Buffalo.  I am not Dr. Jets but believe what you want to believe.

Can't really kill Idzik for Smith and Vick, both additions were reactionary moves precipitated by 5 years of Rex's coaching staff ruining any (limited) ability Sanchez had. Sanchez went from a QB you had to hide, but was serviceable, to a QB that cost you multiple games per season single-handedly. Just as bad as Geno.

If you are going to criticize Idzik for Geno, then you have to do the same for Rex. Making whatever argument or point you're trying to salvage here moot.

Can't really kill Idzik for Smith and Vick, both additions were reactionary moves precipitated by 5 years of Rex's coaching staff ruining any (limited) ability Sanchez had. Sanchez went from a QB you had to hide, but was serviceable, to a QB that cost you multiple games per season single-handedly. Just as bad as Geno.

If you are going to criticize Idzik for Geno, then you have to do the same for Rex. Making whatever argument or point you're trying to salvage here moot.

Sanchez is doing good now and I am looking at now for our team.  

Archived