C.J. Spiller - Please for the love of God NO...

BornJetsFan1983

Can we not please?

That RB sucks, Fred Jackson beats him out all the time. I dont watch alot of Bills games but in ff no one likes him, lack of touches, TD's etc. Can anyone tell me why we would want to sign this guy? 

I'm more for the whole, lets just give the rock to Ivory. Let him be a work horse. B. Powell is fine as a number two, but I'm tired of this RB by committee stuff. I hope our new coach brings in the AZ approach of just having one guy come in and tote the rock. Not sure if that is just wishful thinking or not, but Ivory is a beast let him be "The Beast".

The Jets need to draft a back who starts right away. Plenty available.

Someone please name me one FA RB who have every done sh** for their new team and lived up to their contract? Bring in a 20 years old rook (chess piece) that you can target on day two in that draft instead of signing these vet pawn 1 dimensional RB. Duke Johnson, RB out of Nebrask and Boise would be a great second day selection.

Someone please name me one FA RB who have every done sh** for their new team and lived up to their contract? Bring in a 20 years old rook (chess piece) that you can target on day two in that draft instead of signing these vet pawn 1 dimensional RB. Duke Johnson, RB out of Nebrask and Boise would be a great second day selection.

The Jets haved refuses to draft high upside backs for whatever reason. It's really not all that difficult. Pending on the secondary improving....getting a young fast 3 down back will instantly improve this team.

Just like any other player, it just depends on cost.  If we got him for a respectable price, it would eliminate a need without precluding us from drafting a RB anyways.  He has familiarity with Chan Gailey's system and had a great year for him, albeit over 2 years ago (which can be an eternity for a RB).

Curtis Martin?

Guys like Curtis Martin, Corey Dillion and Lynch were all traded. I think we gave up a 1st rounder and some for Martin. But my point is in order to get a good running back you have to do so by the draft and not FA. Look at all the good and elite backs. They've all gotten paid which makes me wonder what the hell are they talking about when they insist the RB market is declining. Foster, McCoy, Charles, Peterson, Forte, Lynch, Gore and every other corner stone RB got paid during their rookie contracts.

But back to my point, we have to use a second day draft pick on a RB. Your chances on using a pick on a 4th rounder and beyond scream a situation back. As for finding a number one back in FA forget about it. Best case is you find a solid number two.

Spiller would be an awesome compliment to ivory. He had elite speed, something this offense has seen in years.

If u can get him at a reasonable price u do it in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I mean sure, nobody wants to overpay for a complimentary back but outright screaming you don't want him is a bit extreme. 

Would love Spiller on the Jets. 

Um, you sign him because everything being written says Chan likes to run a wide open offense.

Forget running the ball up the middle over and over. Those days are over. You need a fast rb that can catch and work in space. Spillers best year was in Chans offense, that why you sign him if price is not stupid.

Melvin Gordon

That dude is suppose to go in the 1st. However it seems  like these Wisconsin RBs do this every year with their dominate O-Line. 

Sure, let's ignore that spiller had the best year of his career under Gailey. Or that we need any resemblance of a playmaker on offense. Or that he will come dirt cheap.

Anything else?

Lets also no forget how dependable he is to stay healthy during the course of the year.

Spiller's only problem is staying on the field - he gets nicked up. But when he's on the field, the guy is pretty amazing. He really can take it to the house on every touch. We are not talking about Chris Johnson at the end of his career, we're talking about Reggie Bush, but better when healthy.

Spiller's only problem is staying on the field - he gets nicked up. But when he's on the field, the guy is pretty amazing. He really can take it to the house on every touch. We are not talking about Chris Johnson at the end of his career, we're talking about Reggie Bush, but better when healthy.

Spiller is not Reggie Bush, the next time you see Spiller picking up a blitz will be the first time. Bush is solid in pass protect and can run between the tackles. Both of which Spiller does not do.  Ivory is a very good back but also lacks pass protection skills. It is ok to have one guy back there that can't/won't pick up a LB, but you can't have two. A guy like Vereen (who also is not the most durable guy) can catch, pass block and run a little, not as good of a runner as Spiller but not a detriment either. 

Why do people want to burn a draft pick on a RB?  Have you guys noticed that good Guards and Tackles almost never reach free agency...we need to save late round picks to develop the Aboushi's and Dozier's of the world.  If you have a chance to only spend like 3.5 mil and upgrade a position...you do it, especially when you have almost 50mil in cap space.  Save the draft picks for the valuable positions.

Im a Cane season ticket holder, Duke Johnson is a stud, all time leading rusher in UM history, but Im a little concerned with his size going forward.

Spiller is going to cost peanuts. He had a career year under Gailey. Would be an excellent complement to Ivory. Both can get nicked up and are explosive backs but are better off in a timeshare. Spiller's a little faster, a bit more shifty, and has great hands out of the backfield.

This team is rebuilding, and shelf life of RB's is short. By the time this team is actually competitive, any back they draft early may have lost a step.

And two backs are needed on the roster anyway given Johnson and Powell are probably out the door soon. There's no need that they can't sign a guy like Spiller and bring in a late round/UDFA as third back and special teamer.

I don't think anybody wants to sign Spiller to a 4 year, $16 million deal. But if you can get him for like 2/$6, which I'd guess is pretty realistic given his production and injury history, I think it's silly to say you don't want him.

That dude is suppose to go in the 1st. However it seems like these Wisconsin RBs do this every year with their dominate O-Line.

Lets also no forget how dependable he is to stay healthy during the course of the year.

That's a myth

Until last year he played in at least 14 games in all of his 4 nfl seasons (14,16,16,15)

No thanks to Spiller. He can't stay healthy, and he's getting up there in age.

Running back is a position you draft, run into the ground, and move on before the inevitable decline begins. Low mileage is what matters most.

Curtis, Jones, and LT say hi.

And Sproles just giggles

You guys can't remember Michael Turner? 

Archived