Geno Smith comming back with vengance

NCJETSFAN

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just watched that video, and i realized that was at the jet house thing that i posted about and i was there! literally right behind geno you see a guy with longer hair a jets jersey and a jets hat thats my brother and hes talking to me then i make an appearance a little later lol jet9 your right he is a pretty nice guy

Did Geno ever figure out what time zone he is in?

You know what else sometimes "comes back with a vengeance".

Diarrhea.

This is usually something you hear about in context with Diarrhea.

I'm not sold that our deal is anything different.

Nothing between the ears. Totally lost. Will be out of NFL in a year or 2 max

You will all come to regret these words.

Geno is going to go Rama, of The Raid movie franchise, on their asses in 2015.

This season will determine whether or not he's selling cars in 2 years from now. All he's saying is he's going to try harder to get better. The fan reaction should be to shrug it off, because find any player that isn't going to say he's going to try harder to get better this year. Y'all are reading way too much into a cliché statement.

This season will determine whether or not he's selling cars in 2 years from now. All he's saying is he's going to try harder to get better. The fan reaction should be to shrug it off, because find any player that isn't going to say he's going to try harder to get better this year. Y'all are reading way too much into a cliché statement.

I think he is going to try harder, because I believe this coaching staff is going to "make him" try harder.  Rex treated his players like men and he expected them to act accountable, hopefully Bowles will treat them like the overgrown frat boys most of them are and make sure they are doing what they supposed to be doing.

The kid has the physical talent to succeed, the only questions are his commitment and his "thinking skills". Lets hope that the new QB coach teaches him how to watch film

and stay interested when he is on the sidelines.  I would think that Him standing there on the sidelines by himself with no tablet or photos while the defense is on the field hasto be upseting to many fans.

This is dumb as hell. 

Maybe the guy won't materialize as a starter, but with 30 something starts under his belt I'm pretty sure he'll find consistent work as a backup.

Why? What has he ever shown in preparation while Vick was out there starting? Teams have back-ups to be ready to go in, run the scout team, and act as a mentor to a young player, what has geno done to deserve to be consistently employed?  

I think he is going to try harder, because I believe this coaching staff is going to "make him" try harder.  Rex treated his players like men and he expected them to act accountable, hopefully Bowles will treat them like the overgrown frat boys most of them are and make sure they are doing what they supposed to be doing.

The kid has the physical talent to succeed, the only questions are his commitment and his "thinking skills". Lets hope that the new QB coach teaches him how to watch film

and stay interested when he is on the sidelines.  I would think that Him standing there on the sidelines by himself with no tablet or photos while the defense is on the field hasto be upseting to many fans.

I get your point, but disagree with the simile. Rex treated his players like drinking buddies, and expected them to magically improve without structure and accountability. The culture was, "no matter how big a bunch of ****-ups we are, we have each others back" --- to me, that is a frat boy mentality. 

I hope Bowles actually treats them like men, wherein they are to be held accountable for their careers, and accountable to those that depend on them. 

In Rex's dynamic "having your back" meant choosing not to lay blame on someone after they ****ed up. In Bowles dynamic "having your back" needs to take on the meaning of doing your job so as not to let down your brothers.

As for Geno, he's just a guy fighting for a roster spot now. We need to add 2 new QBs this off-season and see what pans out. 

This is dumb as hell. 

Maybe the guy won't materialize as a starter, but with 30 something starts under his belt I'm pretty sure he'll find consistent work as a backup.

Brady Quinn has 24 starts. Do you want him as a back up?

What good is having Sanchez and Geno as replacements when all they do is throw INTS and fumble? Sanchez wont be back in Philly as a backup. What for?

This is dumb as hell. 

Yep.  Tavaris Jackson is heading into his 9th year in the NFL. Jason Campbell his 11th,  Hell, even Bruce Gradkowski is heading into his 9th. As long as they are willing to work and do what the team tells them, these guys kick around forever.  The guys that get booted quick usually have something strange in the background like grape drank or Ritalin.  What the hell happened to Josh Freeman?

I get your point, but disagree with the simile. Rex treated his players like drinking buddies, and expected them to magically improve without structure and accountability. The culture was, "no matter how big a bunch of ****-ups we are, we have each others back" --- to me, that is a frat boy mentality. 

I hope Bowles actually treats them like men, wherein they are to be held accountable for their careers, and accountable to those that depend on them. 

In Rex's dynamic "having your back" meant choosing not to lay blame on someone after they ****ed up. In Bowles dynamic "having your back" needs to take on the meaning of doing your job so as not to let down your brothers.

As for Geno, he's just a guy fighting for a roster spot now. We need to add 2 new QBs this off-season and see what pans out. 

I know this is the narrative, but I question whether it is true.  What Rex said to the press and what went on with the team weren't necessarily the same.  He certainly didn't lay any blame publicly except for the occasional shot at Coples or Gholston.  I don't absolve Rex from the total failure on offense, but I question how his alleged drinking buddy mentality played on that side of the ball.  We will never know the whole truth, but I guess there is the Jeff Weeks thing that fits your version pretty well.

The Jets with Rex had no structure nor any accountability.

Something tells me a player like Geno mouths to the home fans to go "f*ck themselves", he's sitting on the bench the next week.

Bowles is an IGNORE THE NOISE type of guy you can just tell.

I honestly believe that we are going to find that the NY Jets had one of the worst run coaching staffs in the NFL last year!

It makes me laugh that the only film I've ever seen of Rex from camp is him running the drill wear he hikes the ball & holds it out into the direction he wants the players to go, lol.

It was like having Blotto from Animal House running the show. It was great when you had a team of vets that motivated themselves but as soon as the team got younger & younger all hell broke loose.

Bowles 1st job will be to figure out who the Leaders are in that Locker Room.

And if he needs a few more we have the money to bring them in.

The Jets with Rex had no structure nor any accountability.

Something tells me a player like Geno mouths to the home fans to go "f*ck themselves", he's sitting on the bench the next week.

Bowles is an IGNORE THE NOISE type of guy you can just tell.

I honestly believe that we are going to find that the NY Jets had one of the worst run coaching staffs in the NFL last year!

It makes me laugh that the only film I've ever seen of Rex from camp is him running the drill wear he hikes the ball & holds it out into the direction he wants the players to go, lol.

It was like having Blotto from Animal House running the show. It was great when you had a team of vets that motivated themselves but as soon as the team got younger & younger all hell broke loose.

Bowles 1st job will be to figure out who the Leaders are in that Locker Room.

And if he needs a few more we have the money to bring them in.

Even Westoff said the same thing you state here!!

If Geno Smith is the starting QB Week 1 of the 2015 season, then we're in trouble more than just at QB, but it would also be damning of the front office and coaching staff as well. He's had two years. Time to move on.

Why is it time to move on ? 3 years after sitting behind Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers became a HOF Caliber QB. How many yrs did it take him to win his 1st SB ? How many yrs did it take Peyton Manning to lead the Colts to his 1st SB ? What about Andrew Luck ?

Geno Smith was handed a Job he was not ready for. That was not his fault. Dispite that, in the last 2 yrs he has not been the worst QB in the NFL turnover wise.

Why do Jet fans hate this Player so much ?

i don't want to see Geno in a Jets uniform again im tired of turnover machines like him & Sanchez they cost us a good 12 wins over the last few years.

Based on  his age and salary coupled with Gailey's history with young QB's I'm fine with him coming to camp with at least one vet and a draft pick.  If he plays anything like he has in the past then there's no concern about him ever getting on the field.  If Gailey can turn him into a competent QB, it'll be his best work ever.

Based on  his age and salary coupled with Gailey's history with young QB's I'm fine with him coming to camp with at least one vet and a draft pick.  If he plays anything like he has in the past then there's no concern about him ever getting on the field.  If Gailey can turn him into a competent QB, it'll be his best work ever.

when tampa draft a qb i would rather take my chances with glennon imagine what gailey can do for him, i was studying film on the both of them and its not even close thats how bad geno is.

when tampa draft a qb i would rather take my chances with glennon imagine what gailey can do for him, i was studying film on the both of them and its not even close thats how bad geno is.

I've said that a few times...would love them to bring in Glennon.  To me, perfect scenario would be to give up a mid-rounder for Glennon and make a deal for Foles with the first pick.  Let Glennon/Foles battle it out.  We need a QB and have for a few decades now.  Bring in two young guys who have shown signs of being able to succeed in the NFL and may the best man win. 

Also saw an article yesterday saying Cleveland is interested in making a deal for Mariota which is bad.  They may  have enough ammo to jump up to #2.

So after his play basicly got 2 guys fired do u really think they are going to let him get them fired also . Someone get this guy to just keep quiet !!

I doubt Geno had anything to do with the fact that in 6 years Rex had 4 losing seasons, or with Idzik shooting a blank with 12 draft picks then deciding to bring in Percy Harvin when we we're 1-6 given that we were one player away from the Superbowl.

Geno played his part, but lets be serious here. 

I've said that a few times...would love them to bring in Glennon.  To me, perfect scenario would be to give up a mid-rounder for Glennon and make a deal for Foles with the first pick.  Let Glennon/Foles battle it out.  We need a QB and have for a few decades now.  Bring in two young guys who have shown signs of being able to succeed in the NFL and may the best man win. 

Also saw an article yesterday saying Cleveland is interested in making a deal for Mariota which is bad.  They may  have enough ammo to jump up to #2.

I see I have a fellow jets fan in my area,what's good bro I have family in bensalem

Archived