Could This Receiver Class Be as Good As Last Years?

JetBlue

I think so, in fact it may actually turn out to be better in the long run.  It doesn't mean they will have rookie years as good as their predecessors but when I look at Amari Cooper, Devante Parker, Kevin White and Jalaen Strong and Dorial Green Beckham,   I see them being in the same conversation as Sammie Watkins, OBJ (although he may be in a class by himself), Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews and Brandin Cooks.  

Of course there was also Dante Moncrief, Martavis Bryant and several others who excelled.  I think that Devin Smith, Sammie Coates, Devin Funchess, Phillip Dorsett, Justin Hardy, Jamison Crowder etc. will all be good productive players in the NFL.   Hopefully McCags gets it right and makes one or more of these guys a Jet.  

If it's first round - Amari Cooper or Kevin White.  I like White over Parker.  Parker needs to work on his foot work Imo. He fails to get two feet down in the field of play a little too much for my liking. (would prefer to trade down if possible to take Jalean  Strong or DGB and pick up a pick or two. )

If we take different position in the first, I take Sammie Coates, Devin Smith or Devin Funchess in that order.  There will still be a few good receiver prospects in  the 3 and 4th rounds if we don't take one in the second but I really hope we do in case there is a run on receivers. 

2015 IMO offers a few more blue chip franchise #1 WRs, but not quite as much depth. After the 5-6 are gone, the class drops off a little in what i could call sure-fire hits. Last year, there wasn't a lot of concern over whether guys like Robinson, Latimer, Adams, Matthews, etc could play in the NFL... this year, you;ve got your Coates, Dorsett, Agholor, Smith, Funchess, Montgomery, etc, who are all strong prospects, but there's areas of their game that are up for interpretation. 

The top of class is super strong though. I think all of the following blow up within 1-2 years, and become big time playmakers.

DGB

Parker

White

Cooper

Strong

Hardy

2015 IMO offers a few more blue chip franchise #1 WRs, but not quite as much depth. After the 5-6 are gone, the class drops off a little in what i could call sure-fire hits. Last year, there wasn't a lot of concern over whether guys like Robinson, Latimer, Adams, Matthews, etc could play in the NFL... this year, you;ve got your Coates, Dorsett, Agholor, Smith, Funchess, Montgomery, etc, who are all strong prospects, but there's areas of their game that are up for interpretation. 

The top of class is super strong though. I think all of the following blow up within 1-2 years, and become big time playmakers.

DGB

Parker

White

Cooper

Strong

Hardy

Totally agree although I think Coates has the potential to be better than Hardy.  He could wind up being the most explosive receiver in this draft.

Totally agree although I think Coates has the potential to be better than Hardy. He could wind up being the most explosive receiver in this draft.

I see donte stallworth with a little more athleticism. I have a very hard time believing Coates suddenly bucks his reputation of being a liability periodically. He'll be a nice Robert Meachem for a norv turner like offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this class definitely has potential to be great, but I think last year's class was on a level by itself.  Had about 3 guys play at Pro Bowl caliber last season factoring in QB situations. and a bunch of studs.   It still makes me sad to think that from all those studs, we got absolutely nothing out of it.   Pretty much every other team that needed a WR got someone good, but we whiffed.  

I really hope we come away with two studs from this group this year.   

I see 5 wr going in the 1st rd this yr in this pass happy league I rank them like this in no order Cooper,Parker,White,strong & Green-Beckham

Yep and if we don't draft one of those at 6, I don't see any of them being around when we pick in the 2nd.  If that is the case I hope we get one of these guys - Devin Smith, Devin Funchess or Sammie Coates. 

Archived