Would you trade for RGIII?

Jettington

I don't think it is likely that we will be able to draft either Winston or Marriota since they will likely be gone by the time we get to pick. 

With that said, do you think the Jets should trade for RGIII? 

From what I've read about Gailey, he has had success with mobile quarterbacks, so having some competition between RGIII and Geno might be the best possible scenario for the Jets qb situation in 2015 in the midst of limited options. I really don't want to go through another year of Geno without some legitimate competition or someone waiting in the wings that has promise to be the answer at QB. 

I'd give a 4th rounder to WAS for RGIII, to me the reward vastly outweighs the risk. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conditional 2nd or 3rd round pick, yes. If you build an offense around him like they did in his rookie year and allow him to use his strengths. If he plays at a Pro Bowl level I wouldn't mind giving up a 2nd next year (which will be a late pick anyway). If he can't perform, if we release him the Skins get nothing or just a late pick. He's just too talented and he showed too much in his rookie year to count him out. His arm, his legs, he was amazing in his rookie year. Maybe the best thrower in the league. Accuracy, touch, his armstrength is almost unmatched (outside of Kaep), and he didn't make any bad decisions. After that obviously he got hurt, the O-Line fell apart, they changed the entire offense and tried to turn him into a pocket QB. Now is the time to buy low.

He'd further improve our running game which already ranks in the top 3. The running game helps him as well, running and passing the ball. A good defense will help him out and vice versa. And Chan knows how to get the most out of these types of QBs, mobile guys that can use their legs. All in all it just makes too much sense. I rather do that than spend a top pick on Mariota. That way we still have our top pick to spend on a receiver, pass rusher or whatever. And we'd potentially have our franchise QB.

I'd take a flyer on him for a 3rd or higher.   He's had some injury issues but as mentioned he had a great rookie year and he's still young.  With guys like Fitz and Locker you know you're essentially getting a stopgap at least with RG3 there's still a chance for a future.  

Absolutely not.  His mobility is severely hampered due to his injuries and that was all he had going for him to begin with. 

Combine that with the terrible attitude he has and how bad of a teammate he seems to be with the Redskins and that's just not something that the Jets need right now.  It would be different if he were actually good, as the lockerroom could absorb his nonsense if he were even a solid starting QB, let alone elite, but his need to be coddled and treated like a king by the owner  doesn't really work with the team when he's a bottom tier starting QB.

Risk/reward is worth it to me for a 4th. The QB position is just too important and difficult to find a good one you need to take chances when they present themselves.

Still I can't see Washington trading him for anything less than a 2nd at minimum for everything they gave up to get him to go along with the potential he showed his rookie year.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I don't think it is likely that we will be able to draft either Winston or Marriota since they will likely be gone by the time we get to pick. 

With that said, do you think the Jets should trade for RGIII? 

From what I've read about Gailey, he has had success with mobile quarterbacks, so having some competition between RGIII and Geno might be the best possible scenario for the Jets qb situation in 2015 in the midst of limited options. I really don't want to go through another year of Geno without some legitimate competition or someone waiting in the wings that has promise to be the answer at QB. 

I'd give a 4th rounder to WAS for RGIII, to me the reward vastly outweighs the risk. 

I'd pull the trigger for a 4th round pick, I'd consider a 3rd. Love him or hate him, the guy has talent. My decision would only come down to my opinion of his ability to handle the pressure. Im not sure what the Redskins organization is like, and I'm not sure how much of RG3's problems here was solely him or a mixture of things. If we had to rely on him to lead this team could he be a leader. If I believe that he could then I'd make the move, If I dont I'd prefer to keep the picks regardless. 

There is no way that Washington is going to give up RGIII for only a 4th rounder.  It's going to be, at an absolute minimum, a 2nd round pick, but given how much they gave up to get him, it'll probably be more than that.  He'll most likely be on the Redskins' roster next season.

Keep in mind...we might not have our 4th round pick because of Harvin. That being said, sign me the **** up. We haven't had that kind of talent at QB in....ever?

Does talent include accuracy? Decision making? If so, he's not talented at all.

Wouldn't for a 7th round pick. I'd rather bring in Fitzpatrick or Locker to compete with Geno under that rationale. RG3 is garbage

You gotta be kidding. In other words you have no problem with Geno starting because he will probably beat both those guys out in camp.  RG3 for a 4th rounder is not a bad move at all.  What QB do you expect to draft in the 4th that is better than him and ready to compete for starting job?  NONE.  

Does talent include accuracy? Decision making? If so, he's not talented at all.

I am not sure why the Jets want to take a QB with a proven injury record and a LOSING game record as well.  I get the fact that the Jets need a QB - INDISPUTABLE, however taking another teams cast-off with a severe losing records makes no sense.  A journeyman like Fitzpatrick who has at LEAST some success and seems to have dodged the injury bug- OK maybe worth a low draft pick.   Sure RGIII is a talented athlete - He has proving not to be a talented QB.  Pass

Archived