James Dolan is the worst human being

Klecko73isGod

http://deadspin.com/dolan-start-rooting-for-the-nets-because-the-knicks-d-1684489469

New York Knicks and Cablevision CEO James Dolan lashed out at a lifelong fan over email, suggesting the fan was an alcoholic who should start rooting for the Nets "because the Knicks don't want you."

Dolan's response was extraordinarily disproportionate given the relatively mild-mannered—and accurate!—criticisms levied by the fan, who says he's been a Knicks supporter since 1952. (We received copies of the emails from filmmaker Aaron Bierman, whose father was the target of Dolan's wrath.)

Here's the email that was sent to Dolan:

Subject: I have been a knicks fan since 1952

At one stage I thought that you did a wonderful thing when you acquired EVERYTHING from your dad. However, since then it has been ALL DOWN HILL. Your working with Isaiah Thomas & everything else regarding the Knicks. Bringing on Phil Jackson was a positive beginning, but lowballing Steve Kerr was a DISGRACE to the knicks. The bottom line is that you merely continued to interfere with the franchise.

As a knicks fan for in excess of 60 years, I am utterly embarrassed by your dealings with the Knicks. Sell them so their fans can at least look forward to growing them in a positive direction Obviously, money IS NOT THE ONLY THING. You have done a lot of utterly STUPID business things with the franchise. Please NO MORE.

Respectfully,

[Aaron Bierman's dad]

Dolan's reply:

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 8:15 PM, James Dolan <JDOLAN@cablevision.com> wrote:

Mr Bierman

You are a sad person. Why would anybody write such a hateful letter. I am.just guessing but ill bet your life is a mess and you are a hateful mess. What have you done that anyone would consider positive or nice. I am betting nothing. In fact ill bet you are negative force in everyone who comes in contact with you. You most likely have made your family miserable. Alcoholic maybe. I just celebrated my 21 year anniversary of sobriety. You should try it. Maybe it will help you become a person that folks would like to have around. In the mean while start rooting.for the Nets because the Knicks dont want you.

Respectfully

James Dolan

James Dolan remains a sh*tty boss and a sh*tty person.

Two brothers and their friends -- so fed up with the Knicks poor play and nudged by the angry email sent by owner James Dolan to a disgruntled fan -- have started a website dedicated to getting the New York Knicks sold.

Jason Koeppel, his brother Jared and friends Greg Koehler and Dan Filowitz launched Knicks4Sale.com for the purpose of finding new ownership for the NBA club, ESPNNewYork.com reported. They also started the site firejohnidzik.com in protest of the now-fired New York Jets GM, per the site's banner.

Jason Koeppel told ESPNNewYork.com the Dolan email telling a Knicks fan to root for the Nets was the impetus for starting the site.

"It was the 'Idzik news conference moment.' That's what we called it -- when we decided that management and ownership had gone too far and it was time for the fans to do something," Jason Koeppel said via ESPNNewYork.com on Monday night.

The site, which also has dedicated Twitter and Facebook accounts, sports three headings on its home page: Awful Personnel, Incompetent Management and Terrible Coaching. The founders are seeking donations to "Help us put a 'Knicks4Sale' billboard on 30th St & 7th Ave (right near the Garden) telling him to "get lost!"

Dolan is an insufferable jackass, but the NY media clamoring to get Dolan fined is idiotic.

There was nothing finable in the email.  Dolan is an ahole and responded as an ahole.

I don't think he should be fined but I was more than a little discouraged to see both the current and former commissioners of the NBA laugh it off as Dolan being a "typical New Yorker."

That offends me as both a fan of the Knicks and a New Yorker. It suggests that the league doesn't give a **** about the fans and it suggests that all New Yorkers are insufferably smug douchebags when really only a handful of us are. 

Just in case you might have forgotten.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/knicks-owner-james-dolan-fired-an-employee-who-didnt-recognize-him/

Knicks Owner James Dolan Fired an Employee Who Didn’t Recognize Him

April 02, 2013

29 Comments

By SLAM Staff

According to the NY Post, New York Knicks boss James Dolan — an unpopular man in Gotham if there ever was one — canned an MSG security guard who didn’t recognize him as he tried to access his private box. Dolan then reportedly had a change of heart, and gave the poor woman her job back: “Madison Square Garden boss James Dolan was so furious with a security guard who didn’t recognize him outside the swanky Delta Sky 360 Club that he fired her right on the spot, sources said. But the hothead exec had a change of heart overnight — and the guard was back at her post the very next day, sources said. Dolan, 57, was walking into the exclusive club during Sunday’s Knick game against the Boston Celtics when security guard Fiordaliza Hernandez asked him for his ID — which he never wears, sources said. Instead of laughing it off, Dolan snapped, ‘Do you know who I am?’ Then Dolan demanded, ‘How long have you worked here?’ Three years, the guard said. ‘I’m your boss! I pay your salary!’ Dolan shot back. But rules are rules — and Dolan didn’t show his ID, so Hernandez refused to let him in, sources said. That’s when Dolan became so angry he yelled: ‘Give me your ID! You’re fired!’ The stunned guard was sent home immediately. ‘I have to get new security in this building! I have idiots working here!’ Dolan ranted, sources said. But the MSG honcho quickly reconsidered his decision, and last night, Hernandez was back on the job at a different post as the Rangers played the Winnipeg Jets.”

Dolan's created a culture where the teams best player is more concerned about playing in an All Star Game than actual games.

I don't think the culture is to blame for Melo being Melo, but there is certainly something to be said for the fact that what makes Dolan a sh*tty owner is the same thing that makes Melo a sh*tty player. And the only less self-aware person in the whole world than those two is running the rebuild this summer. We're fuuucked.

I don't think the culture is to blame for Melo being Melo, but there is certainly something to be said for the fact that what makes Dolan a sh*tty owner is the same thing that makes Melo a sh*tty player. And the only less self-aware person in the whole world than those two is running the rebuild this summer. We're fuuucked.

The more this season plays out, the more it seems Chuck and Phil have a lot in common.

Just in case you might have forgotten.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/knicks-owner-james-dolan-fired-an-employee-who-didnt-recognize-him/

Knicks Owner James Dolan Fired an Employee Who Didn’t Recognize Him

April 02, 2013

29 Comments

By SLAM Staff

According to the NY Post, New York Knicks boss James Dolan — an unpopular man in Gotham if there ever was one — canned an MSG security guard who didn’t recognize him as he tried to access his private box. Dolan then reportedly had a change of heart, and gave the poor woman her job back: “Madison Square Garden boss James Dolan was so furious with a security guard who didn’t recognize him outside the swanky Delta Sky 360 Club that he fired her right on the spot, sources said. But the hothead exec had a change of heart overnight — and the guard was back at her post the very next day, sources said. Dolan, 57, was walking into the exclusive club during Sunday’s Knick game against the Boston Celtics when security guard Fiordaliza Hernandez asked him for his ID — which he never wears, sources said. Instead of laughing it off, Dolan snapped, ‘Do you know who I am?’ Then Dolan demanded, ‘How long have you worked here?’ Three years, the guard said. ‘I’m your boss! I pay your salary!’ Dolan shot back. But rules are rules — and Dolan didn’t show his ID, so Hernandez refused to let him in, sources said. That’s when Dolan became so angry he yelled: ‘Give me your ID! You’re fired!’ The stunned guard was sent home immediately. ‘I have to get new security in this building! I have idiots working here!’ Dolan ranted, sources said. But the MSG honcho quickly reconsidered his decision, and last night, Hernandez was back on the job at a different post as the Rangers played the Winnipeg Jets.”

Not the only time that happened.

That's depressing.

BUT, there's still the draft!  This whole season for me is the draft because I never thought any top FA was signing here.  None ever does.

That's depressing.

BUT, there's still the draft!  This whole season for me is the draft because I never thought any top FA was signing here.  None ever does.

Imagine if the Knicks had a competent owner who made it attractive to play for a team that plays in the most famous arena on the planet. 

The Knicks should be an easy sell to any free agent. Dolan is the problem. 

As bad as Woody is, I am eternally grateful to him for saving the Jets from the mouthbreathing, walking cluster**** that is Jimmy Dolan. 

Imagine if the Knicks had a competent owner who made it attractive to play for a team that plays in the most famous arena on the planet. 

The Knicks should be an easy sell to any free agent. Dolan is the problem. 

As bad as Woody is, I am eternally grateful to him for saving the Jets from the mouthbreathing, walking cluster**** that is Jimmy Dolan. 

I agree that Dolan is a problem, but money is still money and players can get it anywhere.

I think the problem is (1) the team generally sucks, and (2) players hate dealing with NY media.

That scares players away from NY more than anything.  LeBron went back to Dan Gilbert for crying out loud.

I agree that Dolan is a problem, but money is still money and players can get it anywhere.

I think the problem is (1) the team generally sucks, and (2) players hate dealing with NY media.

That scares players away from NY more than anything.  LeBron went back to Dan Gilbert for crying out loud.

The media is a red herring. I really believe that only drives away a handful of players. 

The Yankees have never had any problems signing free agents so clearly money is not the end all be all. How have the Mets been at the same? Same media. Their money is just as green. The Yankees are a well run, first class organization while the Mets are a mess. 

Like the owner of the Rangers, perhaps. 

Dolan is a turd, but the problem is the Knicks are in the NBA. And the NBA is run by the cap and the players.The cap is a long-running joke; the NBA has less competitive balance than any other sport.All a lot of people do is pine for the day James or Durant signs here, whole radio shows and articles are devoted to that. The nonsense has been the bigger story than the games for a long time.   A lot of the players these days are in fact turds themselves, like Melo and JR Smith. Melo is playing in the All Star game, and then shutting it down; W T F?So the ASG is more of a priority; that's a disgrace.  Smith admits he partied too hard in NY; his Sunday day game numbers are a running embarrassment. And the deluded fans like Mr. Bierman like to think there's something "special" about the Knicks and the Garden. And there simply isn't.It's another arena in another market. Their nostalgia for 1973 is utterly pointless. We might appreciate Joe Namath, but no Jets fan goes aroud waxing poetic about Super Bowl III how that should matter to anyone in 2015. And guys like Bierman are doing that all the time. Further the guy lives in SOuth Carolina, and only NOW, he's upset? 

Like the owner of the Rangers, perhaps. 

Dolan is a turd, but the problem is the Knicks are in the NBA. And the NBA is run by the cap and the players.The cap is a long-running joke; the NBA has less competitive balance than any other sport.All a lot of people do is pine for the day James or Durant signs here, whole radio shows and articles are devoted to that. The nonsense has been the bigger story than the games for a long time.   A lot of the players these days are in fact turds themselves, like Melo and JR Smith. Melo is playing in the All Star game, and then shutting it down; W T F?So the ASG is more of a priority; that's a disgrace.  Smith admits he partied too hard in NY; his Sunday day game numbers are a running embarrassment. And the deluded fans like Mr. Bierman like to think there's something "special" about the Knicks and the Garden. And there simply isn't.It's another arena in another market. Their nostalgia for 1973 is utterly pointless. We might appreciate Joe Namath, but no Jets fan goes aroud waxing poetic about Super Bowl III how that should matter to anyone in 2015. And guys like Bierman are doing that all the time. Further the guy lives in SOuth Carolina, and only NOW, he's upset? 

MSG for the Knicks might be the worst home court/field advantage in sports as well. All clients or tourists. It's a shame what happened to NY sports and the fans involvement at the games...but the Knicks are by far the worst.

Archived