Michael Sam applies for Veterans Combine

Jetman_67

My my my have things have changed. Merely one year ago After Sam entered the draft I posted a gay joke (wherher or not the joke was funny is a moot point). I was bombarded with neg rep by quite a few poster (including one posting gay jokes in this thread right now) and I do believe another attacked me calling me Homophobic.

But Hey I digress....That being said Good Luck to Mr. Sam I don't think he will do much but gets an A for effort.

Oh and the mentioned jokes....keep em up.

Michael Sam apparently still wants to play in the NFL. I can't help but wonder if the reason he isn't playing now is really because he came out of the closet before being drafted???? 

If he  could actually help the Jets and contribute to a championship run, I would want him on the team. Hopefully he gets a legitimate shot to compete somewhere. 

He just wants to be in the locker room.

Played on a stacked line at Missouri with Ealy, Sheldon and others. Undersized, only fits as a rush end in a 4-3 and not a key contributor on specials. 

the michael sam story is that he's not very good at football. 

maybe the only reason he got drafted at all was because the league didn't want to get sued if he didn't.  That was a savvy media move actually. He wasn't really on track to get drafted otherwise.

So a kid who's not a very good football player kept a potential 1st round pick on the bench.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived