Joe Namath: ‘No One Has Ever Played the Game Better Than Tom Brady’

WickedAwesome

No.. It doesn't. NE went 11-5 and missed the playoffs because the AFCE played the NFCW and AFCW that year, 2 divisions that had a single team with a winning record (9-7) among them. The fact that an extremely weak Miami team, that got exposed in their first playoff game, also went 11-5 speaks to the point I am making

Even 11-5 is -5 YOY turnaround, that is terrible. The fact that it was done against a significantly easier schedule speaks volumes

Belicheat wins because of Brady.. 1 playoff season in 6 years is worse then any of the last 3 Jets coaches

Ok, then why do you call him Belicheat if his cheating had nothing to do with their winning?

It was all Brady and his Alex Smithy goodness in the early 2000s!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.. It doesn't. NE went 11-5 and missed the playoffs because the AFCE played the NFCW and AFCW that year, 2 divisions that had a single team with a winning record (9-7) among them. The fact that an extremely weak Miami team, that got exposed in their first playoff game, also went 11-5 speaks to the point I am making

Even 11-5 is -5 YOY turnaround, that is terrible. The fact that it was done against a significantly easier schedule speaks volumes

Belicheat wins because of Brady.. 1 playoff season in 6 years is worse then any of the last 3 Jets coaches

Ok, then why do you call him Belicheat if his cheating had nothing to do with their winning?

It was all Brady and his Alex Smithy goondess in the early 2000's!

It was all Brady and his Alex Smithy goodness in the early 2000s!

You really have to ask why I am calling him Belicheat?

But besdies the obvious, giving Belicheat credit for cheating only also undermines his claim of being a great coach

Belicheat - (Brady + Cheating + Bevell) = Kotite

Seriously, it makes zero sense. It's like he hates the Patriots, but is a close relative of Brady.

I give credit where credit is due, if Belicheat doesn't luck into Brady he's not even in the league today. He can't even coordinate defenses without LT

I give credit where credit is due, if Belicheat doesn't luck into Brady he's not even in the league today. He can't even coordinate defenses without LT

Yep, it was Brady's amazing game management skills and absolutely nothing else that won them those first three Super Bowls. It wasn't their defense, which ranked 6th, 1st, and 2nd in their first three Super Bowls. It was all Brady. The guy whose career high in passing yards at that point was 3,600 and who cracked a 90 rating only once. 100% that guy.

Yep, it was Brady's amazing game management skills and absolutely nothing else that won them those first three Super Bowls. It wasn't their defense, which ranked 6th, 1st, and 2nd in their first three Super Bowls. It was all Brady. The guy whose career high in passing yards at that point was 3,600 and who cracked a 90 rating only once. 100% that guy.

5-11 and 0-2 with Bledsore. Rex had #1 defense a few times too

Rex had the number one defense once. But, I guess the fact that we made it to the AFCG was all Sanchez, according to your logic.

No, according to my astute logic, Rex failed to win a SB because he had poop under center. 

No, according to my astute logic, Rex failed to win a SB because he had poop under center. 

There's quite a big gap between "not poop" and "greatest QB of all-time".

I didn't say Brady was sh*t back then. But he was a game manager and they could have won those titles with any number of "not poop" QBs.

2000: 8 GS, 1,505 yards, 12 TDs, 11 INTs

2001: 14 GS, 2,843 yards, 18 TDs, 12 INTs

2002: 16 GS, 3,049 yards, 22 TDs, 6 INTs

2003: 16 GS, 3,620 yards, 23 TDs, 12 INTs

2004: 16 GS, 3,692 yards, 28 TDs, 14 INTs

2005: 12 GS, 2,385 yards, 17 TDs, 9 INTs

Those are the numbers of the Super Bowl winning QBs from Warner until Manning. Three of them are nearly universally referred to as "game managers": Dilfer, Johnson, and young Roethlisberger. The other is supposedly the GOAT.

Too bad Dilfer, Johnson, or Ben couldn't have hitched their wagon to Belichick and that Patriots defense in the early 2000's. They could have been the GOAT instead.

The only "Syndrome" rampant amongst Jets Fans is "Brady is Gay" Syndrome, and "Former Jets Obsession Syndrome".

Both diseases that need wiped out for the betterment of mankind.

I loathe Tom Brady, and the Pats.

But Tom Brady IS the GOAT.  And it's not as close as haters want it to be.

Honesty > Hatred.

Rubbish.

There's quite a big gap between "not poop" and "greatest QB of all-time".

I didn't say Brady was sh*t back then. But he was a game manager and they could have won those titles with any number of "not poop" QBs.

2000: 8 GS, 1,505 yards, 12 TDs, 11 INTs

2001: 14 GS, 2,843 yards, 18 TDs, 12 INTs

2002: 16 GS, 3,049 yards, 22 TDs, 6 INTs

2003: 16 GS, 3,620 yards, 23 TDs, 12 INTs

2004: 16 GS, 3,692 yards, 28 TDs, 14 INTs

2005: 12 GS, 2,385 yards, 17 TDs, 9 INTs

Those are the numbers of the Super Bowl winning QBs from Warner until Manning. Three of them are nearly universally referred to as "game managers": Dilfer, Johnson, and young Roethlisberger. The other is supposedly the GOAT.

Too bad Dilfer, Johnson, or Ben couldn't have hitched their wagon to Belichick and that Patriots defense in the early 2000's. They could have been the GOAT instead.

That team was heavily invested in defense and thier best WR was freaken troy freaken brown, Brady put up solid numbers with crap around him

That team was heavily invested in defense and thier best WR was freaken troy freaken brown, Brady put up solid numbers with crap around him

Oh man, they should get that guy some weapons then. No way it will take ten years for him to win another championship if they give him the keys to the kingdom and lots of shiny weapons and stop relying on their defense to carry them.

Ummm entire seahawk secondary was a Mash Unit. He throw many balls just 5 yds from LOS.

Who cares what the throws were and the Seahawks still had all their starters playing. The Seahawks at 75% health were still the best defense in football last season.

So lame people hating on Brady. He is greatest qb of all-time and unless the jets can get a franchise qb or at least fix the roster we aren't sniffing being competitive with New England until he retires.

Oh man, they should get that guy some weapons then. No way it will take ten years for him to win another championship if they give him the keys to the kingdom and lots of shiny weapons and stop relying on their defense to carry them.

I really don't understand your point. The basic facts are this. With Brady under center, Belicheat wins 80% of his games and goes to 6 SB's. Without Brady, Belicheat wins 40% of his team and makes the playoffs once in 6 years. This can not be disputed. 

I really don't understand your point. The basic facts are this. With Brady under center, Belicheat wins 80% of his games and goes to 6 SB's. Without Brady, Belicheat wins 40% of his team and makes the playoffs once in 6 years. This can not be disputed. 

When the Patriots were winning Super Bowls in the early 2000s, they were ranked 6th, 1st, and 2nd in defense. Bill Belichick coaches defense. 

Just curious, how come they went 9-7 in 2002 when their defense slipped to 17th in the league? How come non-game manager Lord Brady didn't rescue them to win a sh*tty division that 10 wins would have won?

Surprised Brady sucking when pressured was this obvious to you Pats fan. Would have figured you would post one random game in which he didn't suck when he was pressured.

How about the 4th quarter against the "supposedly" best defense since the '86 Bears. The vaunted "Legend of Doom" and how they pressure QB's into oblivion?

Down 10 points, Brady goes 13/15, 128 yards and 2 TD's to lead the Pats to the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history.

When the Patriots were winning Super Bowls in the early 2000s, they were ranked 6th, 1st, and 2nd in defense. Bill Belichick coaches defense. 

Just curious, how come they went 9-7 in 2002 when their defense slipped to 17th in the league? How come non-game manager Lord Brady didn't rescue them to win a sh*tty division that 10 wins would have won?

Well, as usual high level stats only tell a portion of the story leading people to come to incorrect conclusion. In 2002, the Pats had the 6th hardest schedule in all of football, in 2008, the much ballyhooed 11 win season with MC, they had the 4th easiest. Forget records. Schedule strength is such a huge factor in season by season variances

And I never said that Brady wasn't a game manager in 2001, it was his first year starting. He had a knack for making clutch plays, but that team rode a BS call (tuck rile) and cheating to win the SB, along with a significant amount of luck. If they played 2001 NE vs 2001 STL 10 times, STL probably wins 8 out of 10.

None of that means anything however, if Rex had a competent QB, if Greene didn't get hurt in 2009, if Sanchez didn't hand Pitts 7 in 2010, it's quite possible Rex could have a SB win or two, but we can all agree that would not make Rex an all time great coach;.

My point is simple, Belicheat isn't the mastermind he's portrayed as, he's just a guy that was extremely lucky to find a top 3 QB of all time in the 6th round, without which, he'd have worn out his welcome a long time ago in NE. Im short,  I credit Brady with the sustained success up in NE 100x what I do Belicheat, and that's really it. The rest is just trying to annoy patshole fans and apparently some Jets fans who forget the way the sh*tbag stole 1M from a dying man and resigned with scribbling on a napkin

How about the 4th quarter against the "supposedly" best defense since the '86 Bears. The vaunted "Legend of Doom" and how they pressure QB's into oblivion?

Down 10 points, Brady goes 13/15, 128 yards and 2 TD's to lead the Pats to the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history.

Did u watch game  or just look at stat sheet. Entire Hawks secondary was at 70% and they lost Lane and Avril.  Unreal keep typing

None of that means anything however, if Rex had a competent QB, if Greene didn't get hurt in 2009, if Sanchez didn't hand Pitts 7 in 2010, it's quite possible Rex could have a SB win or two.

What a bunch of crap. Rex was the dumbest HC in the NFL when he was with the Jets. He couldn't win a Lombardi trophy if it fell off the stage and hit him in the head.

And please stop with all the "if that, then this" excuses. They got old and boring once Gerald Ford was elected president.

Well, as usual high level stats only tell a portion of the story leading people to come to incorrect conclusion. In 2002, the Pats had the 6th hardest schedule in all of football, in 2008, the much ballyhooed 11 win season with MC, they had the 4th easiest. Forget records. Schedule strength is such a huge factor in season by season variances

And I never said that Brady wasn't a game manager in 2001, it was his first year starting. He had a knack for making clutch plays, but that team rode a BS call (tuck rile) and cheating to win the SB, along with a significant amount of luck. If they played 2001 NE vs 2001 STL 10 times, STL probably wins 8 out of 10.

None of that means anything however, if Rex had a competent QB, if Greene didn't get hurt in 2009, if Sanchez didn't hand Pitts 7 in 2010, it's quite possible Rex could have a SB win or two, but we can all agree that would not make Rex an all time great coach;.

My point is simple, Belicheat isn't the mastermind he's portrayed as, he's just a guy that was extremely lucky to find a top 3 QB of all time in the 6th round, without which, he'd have worn out his welcome a long time ago in NE. Im short, I credit Brady with the sustained success up in NE 100x what I do Belicheat, and that's really it. The rest is just trying to annoy patshole fans and apparently some Jets fans who forget the way the sh*tbag stole 1M from a dying man and resigned with scribbling on a napkin

Brady was not a top three QB in the league in the early 2000's, much less the history of the league.

Blowing Brady is an interesting way to annoy Pats fans.

Yup here comes the few outlier games. 

Archived