Joe Namath: ‘No One Has Ever Played the Game Better Than Tom Brady’

WickedAwesome

How about the 4th quarter against the "supposedly" best defense since the '86 Bears. The vaunted "Legend of Doom" and how they pressure QB's into oblivion?

Down 10 points, Brady goes 13/15, 128 yards and 2 TD's to lead the Pats to the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history.

The short passing Brady has done over the past few seasons is reminiscent of Chad Pennington style football.  I'm prepared to say Brady has been successful and his wins attest to his place in football history.  But I cannot think of a discrete pass that impressed me along the way, at least not in the way discrete throws by Favre, Montana, Manning, and others have impressed me.    

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And please stop with all the "if that, then this" excuses. They got old and boring once Gerald Ford was elected president.

Blah, blah, blah.

Teree doesn't make a fluke catch and Welker doesn't drop that pass, Brady is 6-0 in a Super Bow games.

Brady was not a top three QB in the league in the early 2000's, much less the history of the league.

Blowing Brady is an interesting way to annoy Pats fans.

As opposed to you blowing belicheat? lol

I'd rather give the credit where it's actually due

How about the 4th quarter against the "supposedly" best defense since the '86 Bears. The vaunted "Legend of Doom" and how they pressure QB's into oblivion?

Down 10 points, Brady goes 13/15, 128 yards and 2 TD's to lead the Pats to the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history.

Uh, isn't  that the "Legion of Doom?"

I don't recall the Cheatriots or any other NFL offense playing these guys:

legion-doom-small2.jpg

they had on their schedule 7 games against the dregs of the NFL, just like Miami. The AFC east, had 3 teams with winning records that year, and the 1 team that didn't had 7 wins. The all got fat on the weak NFCW and AFCW, which is why Miami was manhandled by a good team in the playoffs.

Matt Cassell actually went to the playoffs once he got paired with a competent coach.

In the entire history of the NFL, no team has ever gone undefeated and then missed the playoffs the following season

That's why Belicheat is one of the worst HC in the NFL and owes his entire career to Brady

:rl:  Todd Haley?  :rl:  Way to make a point.  :rl:

Did u watch game  or just look at stat sheet. Entire Hawks secondary was at 70% and they lost Lane and Avril.  Unreal keep typing

Did you?

I love how you pull numbers out of your ass and pass them off as facts.  They were only 70%?  Not 71?  Or at least 69 to give your argument more credence.

Anyways, as for the game, Brady's fourth quarter was masterful.  His numbers: 13-15 128 yards and 2 TDs were into the heart of the Seahawks D. 

It was at a point in the game were the Patriots had to pass as they were down 10 with 12:10 remaining.  Plus, it is not like they were running on the Seahawks to begin with.  The game was in the hands of Brady and the Seahawks' secondary.  The Patriots win probability was made worse with a sack on the first play of the series.   70% Sherman was shutting down half the field.  The D was doing a pretty good job on Gronk. 

Twice on 3rd and longs, first a 3rd and 14 and then 3rd and 8, he fired darts to keep the game within reach.  If the Seahawks D had stopped either, the Seahawks are likely being talked as a dynasty in the making. 

Then on the game winning drive, he did not allow it to get to 3rd down.  When faced with 2nd 10+ (twice), he converted with strikes to Gronk.  And then on the game winning TD, he made up for the one mistake he made on the last two Patriots' drives by perfectly throwing the ball to Edelman.

The 70% Seahawks' secondary was good to enough to keep the Seahawks in the game as the Patriots largely dominated the first half.  It was good enough to shutdown the Patriots' offense by holding them to 12 plays and 21 yards in the second half up until the 12:10 mark of 4th. 

Did you?

I love how you pull numbers out of your ass and pass them off as facts.  They were only 70%?  Not 71?  Or at least 69 to give your argument more credence.

Anyways, as for the game, Brady's fourth quarter was masterful.  His numbers: 13-15 128 yards and 2 TDs were into the heart of the Seahawks D. 

It was at a point in the game were the Patriots had to pass as they were down 10 with 12:10 remaining.  Plus, it is not like they were running on the Seahawks to begin with.  The game was in the hands of Brady and the Seahawks' secondary.  The Patriots win probability was made worse with a sack on the first play of the series.   70% Sherman was shutting down half the field.  The D was doing a pretty good job on Gronk. 

Twice on 3rd and longs, first a 3rd and 14 and then 3rd and 8, he fired darts to keep the game within reach.  If the Seahawks D had stopped either, the Seahawks are likely being talked as a dynasty in the making. 

Then on the game winning drive, he did not allow it to get to 3rd down.  When faced with 2nd 10+ (twice), he converted with strikes to Gronk.  And then on the game winning TD, he made up for the one mistake he made on the last two Patriots' drives by perfectly throwing the ball to Edelman.

The 70% Seahawks' secondary was good to enough to keep the Seahawks in the game as the Patriots largely dominated the first half.  It was good enough to shutdown the Patriots' offense by holding them to 12 plays and 21 yards in the second half up until the 12:10 mark of 4th. 

Cam played game with an MCL tear, Thomas played game with separated shoulder, Sherman played game with torn ligaments in elbow, Lane broke wrist in first 5 minutes of game, 70% was overstated prob closer to 50%.

Even with Hawks secondary ravaged with injuries, Carroll/Bevell gift wrapped game with an awful call from 1 yd line. So Cindy should be 3-3. keep on typin

Did you?

Brady performed well, no, he performed great int he fourth quarter.  No argument.  BBs dense was ready to cough it up though, if Carroll/Bevell did not have a brain fart of nuclear magnitude.  Seattle did not get the pass rush.  They did not get it against GB either.  Goig into that game I was worried about Seattle.  You have to confuse Brady and you have to get inside pressure.  They were not exhibiting against GB and the Pats protect Brady better than GB does Rodgers.  If you give Brady time, he will beat you.  And he does not need a ton of time.  The Pats D, though, reminded me of a Rex D at the end of a half.   The Hawks, with their mediocre receiving corps, should actually have had 31 points.

Interesting that this story seems to indicate that the NFL went in and checked the balls at half time because of their own concerns after the illegal ball was attempted to be introduced to the game.

All earlier "stories" made it sound like it was the Colts DB or the Ravens HC were behind all this deflate gate stuff.

Awesome that "Outside the Lines" is investigating the shady activities of NE.

A source told Outside the Lines that Kensil decided to personally go down to the officials' locker room at halftime of the Patriots-Colts game to check the game balls, in part, because of the suspicions McNally's actions raised.

Kensil did not respond to requests for comment but it has also been reported that the Colts noticed an underinflated football after an interception by linebacker D'Qwell Jackson. Jackson said at the Pro Bowl that he didn't notice that the football was underinflated. Also, Troy Vincent, the NFL's executive vice president of football operations, told "60 Minutes Sports" that Colts General Manager Ryan Grigson told league officials in the second quarter of the AFC Championship Game that the Patriots might be tampering with footballs.

One source said Kensil personally checked the PSI (pounds per square inch) levels of all 12 footballs the Patriots had for use on offense and found that 11 of those 12 were underinflated by "one to two pounds." They were reinflated to the league-required level and were returned for use in the second half.

Cam played game with an MCL tear, Thomas played game with separated shoulder, Sherman played game with torn ligaments in elbow, Lane broke wrist in first 5 minutes of game, 70% was overstated prob closer to 50%.

Even with Hawks secondary ravaged with injuries, Carroll/Bevell gift wrapped game with an awful call from 1 yd line. So Cindy should be 3-3. keep on typin

Brady never threw to any player those guys were defending, he only attacked Lane's replacement cuz that is what you do when you're battling. You attack the weak points of a defense.

Actually, Haley's failure as a HC is exactly the point I'm making . You can't run around these threads touting Belicheats greatness by getting 11 wins (and missing playoffs) with a HS QB, when a sh*tty coach like Haley went to the playoffs with him 2 years later.

Did you watch the game?  Seriously?  The only significant injury was Lane's.  Cam did not look like he was getting victimized by Gronk.  Thomas was sure delivering pops when he could.  And Sherman was not favoring his arm like he did against Green Bay.....plus he is not a fast ball pitcher.

Brady performed well, no, he performed great int he fourth quarter.  No argument.  BBs dense was ready to cough it up though, if Carroll/Bevell did not have a brain fart of nuclear magnitude.  Seattle did not get the pass rush.  They did not get it against GB either.  Goig into that game I was worried about Seattle.  You have to confuse Brady and you have to get inside pressure.  They were not exhibiting against GB and the Pats protect Brady better than GB does Rodgers.  If you give Brady time, he will beat you.  And he does not need a ton of time.  The Pats D, though, reminded me of a Rex D at the end of a half.   The Hawks, with their mediocre receiving corps, should actually have had 31 points.

I agree with your point in regards to BB's D. 

I disagree in that Bennett was having a good game.  If anything, he go tired by the end.

Actually, Haley's failure as a HC is exactly the point I'm making . You can't run around these threads touting Belicheats greatness by getting 11 wins (and missing playoffs) with a HS QB, when a sh*tty coach like Haley went to the playoffs with him 2 years later.

And Haley benefited from a bigger strength of schedule advantage than Belichick.  Plus, Belichick did it with a QB that had thrown only 70+ passes over a 9 years period.  By the time Haley, rode that horse to the playoffs, Cassell had over 1000 career passes in NFL and was in his second year in Cheifs' system.

Belichick did a fantastic job with Cassell and more so with the team as it saw Brady go down 7 minutes into the season.  Sure he benefited from a weak schedule, but keeping the team pushing for the playoffs is a tremendous task.

I agree with your point in regards to BB's D. 

I disagree in that Bennett was having a good game.  If anything, he go tired by the end.

Bennett?  Oh you are talking about pass rush.  their pass rush was nothing like it was last year in these playoffs. teams went to school on them.

Did you watch the game?  Seriously?  The only significant injury was Lane's.  Cam did not look like he was getting victimized by Gronk.  Thomas was sure delivering pops when he could.  And Sherman was not favoring his arm like he did against Green Bay.....plus he is not a fast ball pitcher.

Dude you are so way off... If SB was a regular season game, All 3 do not suit up to play.

Dude you are so way off... If SB was a regular season game, All 3 do not suit up to play.

Wrong.

Exactly how was Sherman affected by torn elbow ligaments?  He did not miss a practice leading up to the game.  He did not even favor his elbow like he did against the Packers.   He was his usual shutdown self.

Emmitt Smith.  Drew Bledsoe, the first two off the top of my head played with separated shoulder(s).  Emmitt's was during the playoffs, but Drew did it during the regular season.  Thomas showed no affects from his shoulder.  Maybe, if he did, he would not have gotten that 15 yard penalty for a late hit against Vereen in the 4th.

And while Chancellor might have missed regular season time, nothing in his play suggested he was affected by the injury.

Maxwell and Wright were victimized....repeatedly.   The other three were not the problem.

Love Joe, but the other Joe was the greatest QB. Montana was not only undefeated in the Super Bowl but he did it in a time when the teams were together more and free agency wasn't like it is today with the player movement and the rules for defensive players wasn't as strict and you didn't get flagged for everything.   

No QB in the history of the NFL has won more playoff games than Brady, and no QB has won more Super Bowls.

Revis and Browner had a lot to do with the greatest 4th quarter comeback in the history of the Super Bowl.

Do you just make things up to feel good?

I'm not making anything up and I have no idea why you just threw those two stats at me? All I said was Brady playing on the same level of Manning didn't get him his superbowls because he had been eliminated by the Giants, Jets, Ravens, etc. when he was "Elite". Every time the Pats won the SB the defense was very good. You can't argue that, and that's not making anything up, stop getting so butthurt over anything remotely anti-Patriot on a rival fan forum.

Archived