Joe Namath: ‘No One Has Ever Played the Game Better Than Tom Brady’

WickedAwesome

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure he is the GOAT.

No QB in the history of the NFL took his team to 6 Super Bowls, winning 4 of them.

If it weren't for 2 fluke plays, Brady is 6-0 in Super Bowl games.

I could argue that he could be  0-6, and also the Tuck game was the biggest crime in NFL...besides the SPygate , taping walkthrus, radio jamming helmet signals, deflategate......

Sure he is the GOAT.

No QB in the history of the NFL took his team to 6 Super Bowls, winning 4 of them.

If it weren't for 2 fluke plays, Brady is 6-0 in Super Bowl games.

That drop by Welker was no fluke play. Brady's pass was off-target. Montana would have made a better pass, which is why he won all the Super Bowls he was in.

I could argue that he could be 0-6, and also the Tuck game was the biggest crime in NFL...besides the SPygate , taping walkthrus, radio jamming helmet signals, deflategate......

You can argue anything you want, and you usually do.

Bottom line, no QB in the history of the NFL has accomplished what Brady has.

That drop by Welker was no fluke play. Brady's pass was off-target. Jerry Rice, greatest WR of all time, would have made a better catch, which is why Montana and Steve Young won all the Super Bowls they were in.  And if they didn't, Roger Craig, Rickey Waters, Dwight Clark, Ronnie Lott would have made a play.  Or George Seifert or Bill Walsh would have coaches up something brilliant.  Etc.  Etc. Etc.

FYP.

I cannot fathom how there is even a question regarding Montana's supporting cast vs. Tom Brady.  

One was a literal team full of All-Pros in an era where players were property as long as the team wanted them.

The other played with guys named Brown, Smith, Branch, Dillon, Givens, Maroney, Moss in his last years, Green-Ellis, Welker, Grey and (the only potential future Pats HOF'er) Gronkowski.

A motley assortment of cast-offs, losers, and second-hand dogsh*t who had moment in the sun then faded away quickly.  

And often with a D that was......spotty, to say the least, often cobbled together with spare parts and duct tape (where Bellichek paid off).

Montana is an all time great, who was supported by all time greats and coached by all time offensive greats.  Sub Young for Montana, barely missed a beat.

Brady......well, no Brady, no 6 Bowls.  Simple as that.

MrsPatsFaxTX just dragged me along to see that stupid movie 50 colors or something. It gave me a headache.

This post made it worse.

Did you just admit that your wife is interested in 50 Shades of Gray?  That's all but a direct acknowledgement that your wife is sexually unsatisfied. hahahaha, I'm sorry I misunderstood things TX you can have Tom Brady or whatever else you're filling that void in your marital relations with.  

FYP.

I cannot fathom how there is even a question regarding Montana's supporting cast vs. Tom Brady.  

One was a literal team full of All-Pros in an era where players were property as long as the team wanted them.

The other played with guys named Brown, Smith, Branch, Dillon, Givens, Maroney, Moss in his last years, Green-Ellis, Welker, Grey and (the only potential future Pats HOF'er) Gronkowski.

A motley assortment of cast-offs, losers, and second-hand dogsh*t who had moment in the sun then faded away quickly.  

And often with a D that was......spotty, to say the least, often cobbled together with spare parts and duct tape (where Bellichek paid off).

Montana is an all time great, who was supported by all time greats and coached by all time offensive greats.  Sub Young for Montana, barely missed a beat.

The question is not about the supporting cast. It's Montana vs. Brady for best of all time. I choose Montana due to his perfect SB won-loss record. It took Brady 6 tries just to equal the Montana's wins. Even if Brady gets a 5th win, I am not sure I would put him above Montana. Those 2 losses weigh heavily, in my judgment.

Even if Brady gets a 5th win, I am not sure I would put him above Montana. Those 2 losses weigh heavily, in my judgment.

You do realize that Brady brought the Pats back to take the lead late in the 4th quarter of both those Super Bowl games?

You expect him to play defense as well?

Montana, with a team loaded of HOFers, could only get to the big game 4 times.

As Fish said, the 49ers didn't miss a beat when Young took over.

OK.... so a QB who made it to 6 SBs is a dink and dunker??? His yardage year in year out put him at the top of all time.

But OK... he is a dink and dunker. Who is better????

I, not saying he is number one, but at worst he is 3 and IMO, he is NOT 3.

Be careful his head will explode.

You do realize that Brady brought the Pats back to take the lead late in the 4th quarter of both those Super Bowl games?

You expect him to play defense as well?

Montana, with a team loaded of HOFers, could only get to the big game 4 times.

As Fish said, the 49ers didn't miss a beat when Young took over.

Montana was 2 - 5 in road post season games not including Super Bowls.

FYP.

Seriously?  You don't think that any number of QB's could have won some of NE's early SB's out of the six?  Brady was a JAG during some of those early SB's. In fact he was the goat (as in the cause) if NE had lost this past one.  

Great QB yes but not the GOAT.

Stockholm syndrome has hit Jet Nation as usual.....which is why clowns like TX are still posting here. Sooner or later you guys cave to their nonsense with proclamations like Brady is the GOAT.

Brady has taken almost 400 sacks in his career. I've seen him straight up get his ass kicked. He took some mean Goldberg spears just this last Superbowl. Brady haters like to invent a narrative that he's soft, but they're absolutely full of crap.

Did you not see the pounding he took during the 2007 Superbowl?

Anyway, there's no convincing you. You have your hater agenda and there's no talking you out of it. You're on your smear campaign.

Please don't try and tell us Brady is tough now for christs sake

Give Manning Belichick and saddle Brady with Dungy, Caldwell, and Fox and I guarantee their Super Bowl wins are reversed.

How bout you do this. Reverse coaches, and quarterbacks, (BB and Brady on those Colt teams). I guarantee you the super bowl wins are reversed

How bout you do this. Reverse coaches, and quarterbacks, (BB and Brady on those Colt teams). I guarantee you the super bowl wins are reversed

The Patriots won their first three Super Bowl's with Belichick's defense. Brady was a game manager. It took him 10 years once he started playing Manning's game to win another ring.

Belichick is one of the three greatest coaches of all-time. Brady is a top ten QB. My opinion.

Not entirely true, but they possibly win more than one. Early 2000s Colts did not have the same defensive talent as the early 2000s Patriots. My point is that Manning was saddled with bad, no balls coaches his entire career and Brady had one of the GOATs.

The Patriots won their first three Super Bowl's with Belichick's defense. Brady was a game manager. It took him 10 years once he started playing Manning's game to win another ring.

Belichick is one of the three greatest coaches of all-time. Brady is a top ten QB. My opinion.

Why is belicheat < .500 w/out brady and 1 playoff game in 6 years

How can he possibly be the GOAT QB when he isn't even the best QB in the NFL right now? Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and a few others have been consistently better than him. Almost every year he's played, there's been QBs in the NFL that have been better. 

The career QBRs tell the whole story: Manning's is 97.5 and the cry baby's is 95.9

Therefore Peyton>Brady

Seriously?  You don't think that any number of QB's could have won some of NE's early SB's out of the six?  Brady was a JAG during some of those early SB's. In fact he was the goat (as in the cause) if NE had lost this past one.  

Great QB yes but not the GOAT.

Stockholm syndrome has hit Jet Nation as usual.....which is why clowns like TX are still posting here. Sooner or later you guys cave to their nonsense with proclamations like Brady is the GOAT.

The only "Syndrome" rampant amongst Jets Fans is "Brady is Gay" Syndrome, and "Former Jets Obsession Syndrome".

Both diseases that need wiped out for the betterment of mankind.

I loathe Tom Brady, and the Pats.

But Tom Brady IS the GOAT.  And it's not as close as haters want it to be.

Honesty > Hatred.

The only "Syndrome" rampant amongst Jets Fans is "Brady is Gay" Syndrome, and "Former Jets Obsession Syndrome".

Both diseases that need wiped out for the betterment of mankind.

I loathe Tom Brady, and the Pats.

But Tom Brady IS the GOAT.  And it's not as close as haters want it to be.

Honesty > Hatred.

I don't hate Brady. I just honestly think Montana was better. And believe me, I was rooting for his AFC opponents all 4 times.

Why is belicheat < .500 w/out brady and 1 playoff game in 6 years

Youre defeating your own agreement.

Youre stating that Belichick had a winning team in place ready for a QB to excel in it. Bellichick built the Browns to win, but didn't have a QB. The 2001 Patriots were a playoff caliber team in training camp, but would have failed miserably with Bledsoe. Somehow you believe that once the Jets land that Franchise QB all problems will be solved when nothing is further from the truth.

Why couldn't the "GOAT" beat out Drew Henson at Michigan?

Because in your narrative, Brady is allowed to improve, while Belichick is forever the early 90's coach in Cleveland.

Yet, in 2008, rolling off a 16-0 season, he missed the playoffs without brady

Youre defeating your own agreement.

Youre stating that Belichick had a winning team in place ready for a QB to excel in it. Bellichick built the Browns to win, but didn't have a QB. The 2001 Patriots were a playoff caliber team in training camp, but would have failed miserably with Bledsoe. Somehow you believe that once the Jets land that Franchise QB all problems will be solved when nothing is further from the truth.

If.. the Jets were to land a QB of Brady's caliber they'd be in the playoffs nearly every season.. 

Archived