Joe Namath: ‘No One Has Ever Played the Game Better Than Tom Brady’

WickedAwesome

Yet, in 2008, rolling off a 16-0 season, he missed the playoffs without brady

He went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. That's the playoffs in virtually every season except 2008. That speaks more to my point than yours.

Or were you penciling them in for 16-0 again?

It's like you wanna have your cake and eat it, too. How is he Bill Belicheat if he only wins because of Tom Brady? Either they won because of Brady or they won because Belichick circumvented the rules. By calling him Belicheat, you only undermine your own argument.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Patriots won their first three Super Bowl's with Belichick's defense. Brady was a game manager. It took him 10 years once he started playing Manning's game to win another ring.

Belichick is one of the three greatest coaches of all-time. Brady is a top ten QB. My opinion.

Belichick is not a defensive guru, Rex is a better defensive coach honestly

Rex is a fraud running Daddy's outmoded defense. His D got progressively worse even after using every early draft pick on D.

What like top 5 every year in spite of having turnover machines at qb? Rex has his limitations as a head coach but the guy is excellent defensive X's and O's you just sound like a typical casual New England frontrunner

Rex is a fraud running Daddy's outmoded defense. His D got progressively worse even after using every early draft pick on D.

I think there is a lot of truth here...  on paper he is top 10. Yet the record of W's and L's is more symbolic of his defense too.

They cant stop a nosebleed when it matters.

He went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. That's the playoffs in virtually every season except 2008. That speaks more to my point than yours.

No.. It doesn't. NE went 11-5 and missed the playoffs because the AFCE played the NFCW and AFCW that year, 2 divisions that had a single team with a winning record (9-7) among them. The fact that an extremely weak Miami team, that got exposed in their first playoff game, also went 11-5 speaks to the point I am making

Even 11-5 is -5 YOY turnaround, that is terrible. The fact that it was done against a significantly easier schedule speaks volumes

Belicheat wins because of Brady.. 1 playoff season in 6 years is worse then any of the last 3 Jets coaches

No.. It doesn't. NE went 11-5 and missed the playoffs because the AFCE played the NFCW and AFCW that year, 2 divisions that had a single team with a winning record (9-7) among them. The fact that an extremely weak Miami team, that got exposed in their first playoff game, also went 11-5 speaks to the point I am making

Even 11-5 is -5 YOY turnaround, that is terrible. The fact that it was done against a significantly easier schedule speaks volumes

Belicheat wins because of Brady.. 1 playoff season in 6 years is worse then any of the last 3 Jets coaches

Do you know that in the entire history of the NFL playoffs, only two teams missed the playoffs going 11-5.

The '85 Broncos and the '08 Patriots.

Belichick won 11 games with a QB who last started a game in high school.

That's why he is the best HC in the NFL and a slam dunk 1st ballot HOFer.

Do you know that in the entire history of the NFL playoffs, only two teams missed the playoffs going 11-5.

Mumbles will not get in on 1st ballot, you seem to forget cheating scandals, there are plenty of HOF voters who will not vote him in

also you seem to forget his terrible years in Cleveland, and had not Mo Lewis not killed Bledsoe, Mumbles probably gets canned in NE

keep on typing mon

they had on their schedule 7 games against the dregs of the NFL, just like Miami. The AFC east, had 3 teams with winning records that year, and the 1 team that didn't had 7 wins. The all got fat on the weak NFCW and AFCW, which is why Miami was manhandled by a good team in the playoffs.

Matt Cassell actually went to the playoffs once he got paired with a competent coach.

In the entire history of the NFL, no team has ever gone undefeated and then missed the playoffs the following season

That's why Belicheat is one of the worst HC in the NFL and owes his entire career to Brady

That's why Belicheat is one of the worst HC in the NFL

NFL Head Coach Power Rankings

1) Bill Belichick, New England Patriots

Given Bill Belichick's respect around the league, and the fact that he's praised weekly by broadcasters from CA to MA,

he is still an easy choice as the top head coach in the NFL.

1. Bill Belichick, New England Patriots

Four Super Bowl wins, six Super Bowl appearances, nine AFC title games and 12 AFC East championships. The longest-tenured head coach in the National Football League for a reason. Belichick the gawd!

NFL Head Coach Power Rankings

1) Bill Belichick, New England Patriots

Given Bill Belichick's respect around the league, and the fact that he's praised weekly by broadcasters from CA to MA,

he is still an easy choice as the top head coach in the NFL.

1. Bill Belichick, New England Patriots

Four Super Bowl wins, six Super Bowl appearances, nine AFC title games and 12 AFC East championships. The longest-tenured head coach in the National Football League for a reason. Belichick the gawd!

is this the same guy that rated rex as the best HC move?

Mumbles will not get in on 1st ballot, you seem to forget cheating scandals, there are plenty of HOF voters who will not vote him in.

Are you really that dumb?

Do you think the NFL is dumb like MLB regarding the HOF voting?

There are only 46 voters (all respected sports writers) who elect players/coaches to the NFL HOF.

All 46 will elect BB in on their first ballot.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/13/joe-namath-tom-brady-super-bowl-xlix-nfl/

The MVP of Super Bowl III bestows the highest praise on the MVP of Super Bowl XLIX. Plus, Broadway Joe on the state of his beloved Jets and why he’s raising money to combat traumatic brain injuries

ok ,..here's the plan... clone brady     :cheer:

Are you really that dumb?

Do you think the NFL is dumb like MLB regarding the HOF voting?

There are only 46 voters (all respected sports writers) who elect players/coaches to the NFL HOF.

All 46 will elect BB in on their first ballot.

I would not be so sure about that. Question? Do the 46 people who vote change yearly? How do they decide who gets to vote?

I would not be so sure about that. Question? Do the 46 people who vote change yearly? How do they decide who gets to vote?

No, they are elected for life until they retire or die:

Arizona - David Casstevens, Arizona Republic

Atlanta - Furman Bisher, The Atlanta Journal

Baltimore - John Steadman, The Baltimore Sun

Buffalo - Larry Felser, Buffalo News

Carolina - Charles Chandler, Charlotte Observer

Chicago - Don Pierson, Chicago Tribune

Cincinnati - Geoff Hobson, Cincinnati Enquirer

Dallas - Frank Luksa, Dallas Morning News

Denver - Woodrow Paige, Denver Post

Detroit - Jerry Green, The Detroit News

Green Bay - Mike Bauman, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Indianapolis - John Bansch, Indianapolis Star

Jacksonville - Sam Kouvaris, WJXT-TV, Jacksonville

Kansas City - Bob Gretz, KCFX Overland Park, KS

Miami - Edwin Pope, Miami Herald

Minnesota - Sid Hartman, The Minneapolis Star Tribune

New England - Will McDonough, Boston Globe, NBC Sports

New Orleans - Pete Finney, Times-Picayune

New York (Giants) - Vinny DiTrani, Bergen Record

New York (Jets) - Paul Zimmerman, Sports Illustrated

Oakland - Frank Cooney, Fox Sports

Philadelphia - Mike Rathet, Philadelphia Daily News

Pittsburgh - Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

St. Louis - Bob Oates, Los Angeles Times

San Diego - Jerry Magee, San Diego Union Tribune

San Francisco - Ira Miller, San Francisco Chronicle

Seattle - John Clayton, ESPN/ESPN Magazine

Tampa Bay - Tom McEwen, Tampa Tribune

Tennessee - John McClain, Houston Chronicle

Washington - Len Shapiro, Washington Post

PFWA - Steve Schoenfeld, Arizona Republic/Phoenix Gazette

At Large - Jarrett Bell, USA Today

At Large - Dave Goldberg, Associated Press

At Large - Tony Grossi, Cleveland Plain Dealer

At Large - Peter King, Sports Illustrated

At Large - Mike Wilbon, Washington Post

The above list of voters are appointed for life - They will remain voters until they resign.

No, they are elected for life until they retire or die:

Arizona - David Casstevens, Arizona Republic

Atlanta - Furman Bisher, The Atlanta Journal

Baltimore - John Steadman, The Baltimore Sun

Buffalo - Larry Felser, Buffalo News

Carolina - Charles Chandler, Charlotte Observer

Chicago - Don Pierson, Chicago Tribune

Cincinnati - Geoff Hobson, Cincinnati Enquirer

Dallas - Frank Luksa, Dallas Morning News

Denver - Woodrow Paige, Denver Post

Detroit - Jerry Green, The Detroit News

Green Bay - Mike Bauman, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Indianapolis - John Bansch, Indianapolis Star

Jacksonville - Sam Kouvaris, WJXT-TV, Jacksonville

Kansas City - Bob Gretz, KCFX Overland Park, KS

Miami - Edwin Pope, Miami Herald

Minnesota - Sid Hartman, The Minneapolis Star Tribune

New England - Will McDonough, Boston Globe, NBC Sports

New Orleans - Pete Finney, Times-Picayune

New York (Giants) - Vinny DiTrani, Bergen Record

New York (Jets) - Paul Zimmerman, Sports Illustrated

Oakland - Frank Cooney, Fox Sports

Philadelphia - Mike Rathet, Philadelphia Daily News

Pittsburgh - Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

St. Louis - Bob Oates, Los Angeles Times

San Diego - Jerry Magee, San Diego Union Tribune

San Francisco - Ira Miller, San Francisco Chronicle

Seattle - John Clayton, ESPN/ESPN Magazine

Tampa Bay - Tom McEwen, Tampa Tribune

Tennessee - John McClain, Houston Chronicle

Washington - Len Shapiro, Washington Post

PFWA - Steve Schoenfeld, Arizona Republic/Phoenix Gazette

At Large - Jarrett Bell, USA Today

At Large - Dave Goldberg, Associated Press

At Large - Tony Grossi, Cleveland Plain Dealer

At Large - Peter King, Sports Illustrated

At Large - Mike Wilbon, Washington Post

The above list of voters are appointed for life - They will remain voters until they resign.

McDonough has been dead for a decade and Peter King has been brain dead for at least as long. Who has replaced them?

I look at it this way.  By sheer numbers, yes, Brady is the G.O.A.T.

Is he the greatest pure QB, like if I had to win one game in my life, then

no, I don't think he is.  I would pick Elway.  Elway is the greatest QB I ever

saw.  But I am West Coast biased.  Ha.  Ha.

I look at it this way. By sheer numbers, yes, Brady is the G.O.A.T.

Is he the greatest pure QB, like if I had to win one game in my life, then

no, I don't think he is. I would pick Elway. Elway is the greatest QB I ever

saw. But I am West Coast biased. Ha. Ha.

I always liked Elway too.

My top two are Brady and Montana.

For 3rd, it's either Elway or Marino.

I always liked Elway too.

My top two are Brady and Montana.

For 3rd, it's either Elway or Marino.

I think a lot of how people remember quarterbacks is where they play and when they play.

Look at that Carr kid, who was talented but got his career ruined from getting sacked. It is kind

of like a power hitter who plays in a pitchers park.  How great would he have been if he

had played somewhere else?  A good example is Oregon now that Mariota is gone, this Division

II wunder kid, Vernon Adams Jr is there. He's one of the greatest players that level has ever seen,

but would he have transfered if Mariota hadn't won the Heisman?  He is taking a lot of chances

replacing a legend.  It depends on a lot of factors.....

Our defense last year, despite having a rotating door at both corner spots, was 6th in total defense. Bellichick has had some pathetic defenses for the Pats when they don't have an all star at each level of the defense.

The Patriots won their first three Super Bowl's with Belichick's defense. Brady was a game manager. It took him 10 years once he started playing Manning's game to win another ring.

Belichick is one of the three greatest coaches of all-time. Brady is a top ten QB. My opinion.

My point was that if bellichick didn't have Brushci, Harrison, law, Seymour and a bunch of other defensive studs, and was instead placed on the colt teams with Brady, the Duo would've won the same amount that Manning did with those colts and vice-versa. The Patriot Super Bowl teams were loaded with defensive talent, like you said Brady was a more of a game manager. The Colts were Peyton Manning, and when he left you saw how horrible that Colts team really was. It didn't take Brady playing at the same level as manning because Brady was eliminated from the playoffs and lost in the SuperBowl plenty of times during Brady's prime. It took the Pats signing Revis, Browner, having some of their draft picks pan out on defense for the pats to get another one.Give me a break with Belichick being such an amazing coach, look what he did for the Browns and look at how horrible the Pats defense was when they didn't have an all-pro defensive cast.

What like top 5 every year in spite of having turnover machines at qb? Rex has his limitations as a head coach but the guy is excellent defensive X's and O's you just sound like a typical casual New England frontrunner

Top 5 based on what metric? Not points allowed. Not wins/losses.

Rex's D was only "great" when he had stud CBS so he could blitz every freakin' down. Once Revis left, Rex was exposed as a fraud. Sorry.

I must have become a front runner when Joe Kapp took over the starter spot from Mike Taliaferro.

Archived