Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

Yankees Retiring Posada, Williams, and Pettitte numbers, honor Randolph

After these numbers get retired including Jeters I think the Yankees will have 21 numbers retired in total.

A-Rod #22?

Pettite is the most deserving, but all three should get plaques.

I'm down.

Agreed about Pettite being most deserving.

Retiring Posadas number and giving him a plaque is a joke. he was awful, god awful. the Yankees won some of those championships despite having him. and Posada was no key core guy on any of those championships from 96-2000. he couldnt catch, the Yanks wanted him to see an eye doctor because of all the passed balls. he was awful on plays at the plate, terrified of a collision he would always catch the ball by the pitchers mound and try running back to home plate. and he was probably the dumbest and worst base runner in the history of baseball. and he almost cost the Yankees the pennant in 2009 with his dumb base running in Anaheim. and he never did anything with the bat in clutch situations.

I grew up watching Thurman Munson with the Yankees. the guy was sooo tough. most people dont know this but the guy played most of the 1978 season with a separated shoulder after running into the wall in kc playing right field. he played the entire season with that ****ed shoulder and never said a word about it and helped them win the ws. he quietly had surgery in the off season. Posada shouldnt even get a plaque let alone his number retired.

Just out of curiosity, when you say Posada's dumb base running in Anaheim are you referring to the play at third base in particular? If that's the case, he was far from almost costing us a pennant. We were up in the series 2-1 and had a 5-0 lead when that play happened. 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company