Revis viewed NE as a one year deal

UnitedWhofans

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You hit the nail on the head.

After winning the Super Bowl, there is not one Pats fan out there that would care if Revis left for some other team.

Only in this sense. Pats fans online are saying that Revis will "change his ways" for them. This shows me that he is still the same old person. So it is a victory for me to judge human character

"Here we go NE"?

Innocuous?

I can't speak to the intent of the speaker, but speaking about potential free agency transactions surrounding an expensive player coming of a super bowl season does not strike me as vitriolic baiting.  You are welcome to be sensitive about such a comment, but I imagine everyone here thinks less of you for your inability to pick and choose battles.

I can't speak to the intent of the speaker, but speaking about potential free agency transactions surrounding an expensive player coming of a super bowl season does not strike me as vitriolic baiting. You are welcome to be sensitive about such a comment, but I imagine everyone here thinks less of you for your inability to pick and choose battles.

I actually like you as a poster, so please don't take this the wrong way.

If you think that I am "sensitive" about what other posters think of me, and who might think less of me, you are nuts.

I actually like you as a poster, so please don't take this the wrong way.

If you think that I am "sensitive" about what other posters think of me, and who might think less of me, you are nuts.

You distorted the context for my use of the descriptor "sensitive" but the gist of what you are saying is commendable.  Well said.  

I'm sure those two would get the Jets an extra win or two next year.

Good luck locking them both up.

You don't know anything about the cap. And you know less than that about negative amortization.

John Idzik was a ninja and because of his stealthy moves, the Jets have 345 million to spend next year.

This is like the penultimate testimony of a front runner fan base.

I don;'t know what this means. But I think I like it.

It is bad for Tx? The words that you wrote are bad for him?  If so, I definitely like it.

Lost in all this is the what-if scenario - if Revis had caught that final INT.  This board would have exploded in a mushroom cloud of ultimate life-extinguishing destruction.  As it is, I pretty much don't care about Revis anymore.  Let him come here or go be a mercenary somewhere else. 

From Revis' pov. He won himself a championship. He can always call himself a winner from now on. Alla Lebron in the NBA. I can see this happening every year now until he retires. What does he care at this point. He gets wooed by most clubs every offseason. His name is talked about constantly for being coveted every offseason. Teams will be in bidding wars to get his services.

I mean as fans I hear people bitching constantly about how players need to give home town discounts or else they are scum. I hear fans screaming at front offices for giving out too long of contracts and screwing the franchise long term.

So Revis is betting on himself every single year as maximizing his dollars yearly and people say he's selfish.

Can't be harsh on a guy for that.

From Revis' pov. He won himself a championship. He can always call himself a winner from now on. Alla Lebron in the NBA. I can see this happening every year now until he retires. What does he care at this point. He gets wooed by most clubs every offseason. His name is talked about constantly for being coveted every offseason. Teams will be in bidding wars to get his services.

I mean as fans I hear people bitching constantly about how players need to give home town discounts or else they are scum. I hear fans screaming at front offices for giving out too long of contracts and screwing the franchise long term.

So Revis is betting on himself every single year as maximizing his dollars yearly and people say he's selfish.

His demand was not all that high last off season, and he isn't getting any younger.

Archived