Wide Receivers (Draft)

Jetsmanjb

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My top 10 as of now  is   1. JALEN STRONG  -                       TOP 10

2. DAVONTE PARKER -                  TOP 10

3. DORIAL GREEN - BECKHAM      MID 1ST   WOULD BE TOP 5  BUT FALLS BECAUSE OF OFF SEASON TROUBLES 

4. DEVIN SMITH                               MID 1ST

5. KEVIN WHITE                               20 TO 24

6. TYLER LOCKETT                         24 TO 28

7. AMARE COOPER                         25 TO 30

8. JUSTIN HARDY                         EARLY 2ND

9. CHRIS CONLEY                        MID 2ND

10. NELSON AGOHLAR                  MID 2ND

JUST MISS

1. BRESHAD PERRYMAN

2. SAMMIE COATES

3. STEFON DIGGS

As I said in post posts that Devin Funchess should be a TE and I got ridiculed  but seeing his 40 time that is where he belongs.

My top 10 as of now  is   1. JALEN STRONG  -                       TOP 10

2. DAVONTE PARKER -                  TOP 10

3. DORIAL GREEN - BECKHAM      MID 1ST   WOULD BE TOP 5  BUT FALLS BECAUSE OF OFF SEASON TROUBLES 

4. DEVIN SMITH                               MID 1ST

5. KEVIN WHITE                               20 TO 24

6. TYLER LOCKETT                         24 TO 28

7. AMARE COOPER                         25 TO 30

8. JUSTIN HARDY                         EARLY 2ND

9. CHRIS CONLEY                        MID 2ND

10. NELSON AGOHLAR                  MID 2ND

JUST MISS

1. BRESHAD PERRYMAN

2. SAMMIE COATES

3. STEFON DIGGS

As I said in post posts that Devin Funchess should be a TE and I got ridiculed  but seeing his 40 time that is where he belongs.

Id have more respect for this list, if you had Coop as a just miss

I hope you do not do this for a living

Id have more respect for this list, if you had Coop as a just miss

I hope you do not do this for a living

Been doing this way longer than Kiper. Obviously I am not famous like him but I have been real good doing this. Remember players named Montana and Rice. Two of my favorite picks especially Rice when he came out his only highlights was an all star game and when I seen him I said this guy will be special. This is all fact. Montana was my favorite since Notre Dame was my favorite team and said he was going to be great.

Been doing this way longer than Kiper. Obviously I am not famous like him but I have been real good doing this. Remember players named Montana and Rice. Two of my favorite picks especially Rice when he came out his only highlights was an all star game and when I seen him I said this guy will be special. This is all fact. Montana was my favorite since Notre Dame was my favorite team and said he was going to be great.

And what did Rice time at? 4.6? Funchess has football speed, I would not get caught up in his 40 time and he is not a TE all though he may play some "move" TE depending on who drafts him.  You have Kevin White 20 - 24 and Strong top ten and every other list has that reversed.  What do you know that they don't? 

And what did Rice time at? 4.6? Funchess has football speed, I would not get caught up in his 40 time and he is not a TE all though he may play some "move" TE depending on who drafts him.  You have Kevin White 20 - 24 and Strong top ten and every other list has that reversed.  What do you know that they don't? 

who is the girl in your avater?

My observations: 

- Not really surprised by Cooper, I expected him to be fast.  I still rank him as the No. 1 WR in this draft class, because he checks every box.  He's one of the best guys I've seen at tracking deep balls over his shoulder (I think Maycock or someone mentioned this), has speed, good hands, good routes, and production.  

- Very surprised by Kevin White's 40 time.  I just don't see it on tape, he rarely seems to get much separation.  He makes a good amount of contested plays, and I'll try to rewatch some of his games, but his speed at the 40 and the tape just doesn't match for me.  I might be missing something.  He does have great size and build, and I think he placed himself in the top 10 for sure with the combine.   

-  Still love Parker, performed where I expected him to perform with the numbers, so he's still my No. 2 after Cooper.   

-  Funchess is a good TE, and a late round pick as a WR, and I say this as a Michigan fan.  He's not fast, nor is he that great with routes, and his hands are average.  

- Darren Waller for the Stephen Hill late riser award.  I don't think we take a shot on him because we can't afford projects, but for anyone that likes Funchess, this guy is better, with higher upside.  

-  Chris Conley seems like an interesting prospect, but I think he's bound to be over-drafted now.  He's similar to Martavius Bryant, but I think he needs even more time to adjust to the league.  

dude you spit out nonsense,  all these drops ..just stop it mon

You're something else buddy. I know i'm brash, but mouthing off a known draft expert...about the draft - and having tunnel vision about a guy everyone knows doesn't have the highest ceiling, is really putting you in the column of guys who not take seriously. Maybe you should take a break?

Alabama WR Amari Cooper registered a 33-inch vertical and 10-foot broad jump at the NFL Combine.

Registering one of the weakest verticals among wideouts lends credence to Rotoworld draft guru Josh Norris' assertion that Cooper struggles to "win in the air" and is more of an "on-the-ground" receiver. The broad jump was about average. Cooper did run 4.42 and 4.43 at 6-foot-1, 211, so straight-line speed is an obvious strength. He's just not in Kevin White's realm athletically.

- Very surprised by Kevin White's 40 time. I just don't see it on tape, he rarely seems to get much separation. He makes a good amount of contested plays, and I'll try to rewatch some of his games, but his speed at the 40 and the tape just doesn't match for me. I might be missing something. He does have great size and build, and I think he placed himself in the top 10 for sure with the combine.

he's probably spent the last 6 weeks training religiously for the 40... doesn't mean that much in pads.. I'm happy cause I'd prefer cooper

My observations: 

- Not really surprised by Cooper, I expected him to be fast.  I still rank him as the No. 1 WR in this draft class, because he checks every box.  He's one of the best guys I've seen at tracking deep balls over his shoulder (I think Maycock or someone mentioned this), has speed, good hands, good routes, and production.  

- Very surprised by Kevin White's 40 time.  I just don't see it on tape, he rarely seems to get much separation.  He makes a good amount of contested plays, and I'll try to rewatch some of his games, but his speed at the 40 and the tape just doesn't match for me.  I might be missing something.  He does have great size and build, and I think he placed himself in the top 10 for sure with the combine.   

-  Still love Parker, performed where I expected him to perform with the numbers, so he's still my No. 2 after Cooper.   

-  Funchess is a good TE, and a late round pick as a WR, and I say this as a Michigan fan.  He's not fast, nor is he that great with routes, and his hands are average.  

- Darren Waller for the Stephen Hill late riser award.  I don't think we take a shot on him because we can't afford projects, but for anyone that likes Funchess, this guy is better, with higher upside.  

-  Chris Conley seems like an interesting prospect, but I think he's bound to be over-drafted now.  He's similar to Martavius Bryant, but I think he needs even more time to adjust to the league.  

Nope, no, not happening. There can only be one of you per site and we already have ours. 

he's probably spent the last 6 weeks training religiously for the 40... doesn't mean that much in pads.. I'm happy cause I'd prefer cooper

Cooper also tested out poorly in the explosive drills, which lends credence to how he doesn't win many contested balls in the air.  Kevin White is a better athlete and that's shown throughout this year, but Cooper is still amazing.  They're different receivers and with how sh*tty our team is, I'm not complaining with either. 

Cooper also tested out poorly in the explosive drills, which lends credence to how he doesn't win many contested balls in the air.  Kevin White is a better athlete and that's shown throughout this year, but Cooper is still amazing.  They're different receivers and with how sh*tty our team is, I'm not complaining with either. 

Parker

Exactly.  Pad speed is way different than underwear speed.  Jerry Rice against pretty much everyone but primetime would often enough blaze right over the top of a D, yet had one of the poorest 40s of that year ~4.7 or somesuch.  Pad speed, but also simply route running and stamina makes far more of a difference for seperation than a few tenths of a percent of 40 time, even in pure go route situations

If we don't come out with a quality receiver this year then I will be pissed. We wiffed on a loaded WR core last year.

Agreed. This is another deep draft. Would be happy if we just landed Funchess or Strong type guy. Would obviously prefer Cooper/White/Parker/Green-Beckham, but we are the Jets and I set my expectations very low. 

My observations:

- Not really surprised by Cooper, I expected him to be fast. I still rank him as the No. 1 WR in this draft class, because he checks every box. He's one of the best guys I've seen at tracking deep balls over his shoulder (I think Maycock or someone mentioned this), has speed, good hands, good routes, and production.

- Very surprised by Kevin White's 40 time. I just don't see it on tape, he rarely seems to get much separation. He makes a good amount of contested plays, and I'll try to rewatch some of his games, but his speed at the 40 and the tape just doesn't match for me. I might be missing something. He does have great size and build, and I think he placed himself in the top 10 for sure with the combine.

- Still love Parker, performed where I expected him to perform with the numbers, so he's still my No. 2 after Cooper.

- Funchess is a good TE, and a late round pick as a WR, and I say this as a Michigan fan. He's not fast, nor is he that great with routes, and his hands are average.

- Darren Waller for the Stephen Hill late riser award. I don't think we take a shot on him because we can't afford projects, but for anyone that likes Funchess, this guy is better, with higher upside.

- Chris Conley seems like an interesting prospect, but I think he's bound to be over-drafted now. He's similar to Martavius Bryant, but I think he needs even more time to adjust to the league.

Cooper's in game skills as a WR aren't going to be measured in the combine. What do you think of DGB?

Cooper's in game skills as a WR aren't going to be measured in the combine. What do you think of DGB?

I thought physically he was excellent, has explosiveness, speed, and great size, but everyone already knew that.  It's really his production on the field, and his stuff of the field that really concerns me.   

I follow the Mock the Draft podcast, and one of the hosts is Mathew Faiburn, and he followed Mizzou football until last year (apparently a beat writer for the Bills now) so he shed a bunch of light onto DGB.  He said the kid was about as humble as they come, was nice to every reporter, etc.  But he dropped something that I thought was very interesting.  They said his freshman year, he was so out of whack with the playcalls and just couldn't comprehend it enough that they had to keep him on one side of the field, closest to the coaches, so when they ran no huddle, he could just look over to a coach and they can signal the play to him.  I thought that was interesting, about his ability to not really adjust to the playcalls that much, and might indicate that he'd need more time than your usual prospect to grasp an NFL playbook, which almost assuredly is going to be more complicated than the spread system that Mizzou has run these years.    Combined with the layoff for a year, and how that might affect him, I still see him as a second round guy.   I don't think he's a day 1 starter even with his tools, because he needs to get adjusted to playing again, and also learn the playbook.  

From the game footage from last year, he seems to do much better against man coverage when he knows who he has to beat, but struggles in zone coverage because he's not that great at cutting or selling his routes one way or another.  I think by year 2, he could be a monster though, because those things are fixable, and you can get someone that is a matchup nightmare.  But I think a top 10 pick has to be a Day 1 impact starter, otherwise it's too much risk to take.  

I still think he's a late first, early second round guy, because the risks are too much.  I think his best case scenario is Josh Gordon, but it's also his worst case scenario.  I don't think we can afford to take that risk at 6, but if we move down to say 20, I think it can be acceptable, since we would be picking up other first round talent as well.  If he's there in the second, I absolutely go for it.  

At 6, Cooper/Parker/White are the only options for WR, IMO.   

I thought physically he was excellent, has explosiveness, speed, and great size, but everyone already knew that. It's really his production on the field, and his stuff of the field that really concerns me.

I follow the Mock the Draft podcast, and one of the hosts is Mathew Faiburn, and he followed Mizzou football until last year (apparently a beat writer for the Bills now) so he shed a bunch of light onto DGB. He said the kid was about as humble as they come, was nice to every reporter, etc. But he dropped something that I thought was very interesting. They said his freshman year, he was so out of whack with the playcalls and just couldn't comprehend it enough that they had to keep him on one side of the field, closest to the coaches, so when they ran no huddle, he could just look over to a coach and they can signal the play to him. I thought that was interesting, about his ability to not really adjust to the playcalls that much, and might indicate that he'd need more time than your usual prospect to grasp an NFL playbook, which almost assuredly is going to be more complicated than the spread system that Mizzou has run these years. Combined with the layoff for a year, and how that might affect him, I still see him as a second round guy. I don't think he's a day 1 starter even with his tools, because he needs to get adjusted to playing again, and also learn the playbook.

From the game footage from last year, he seems to do much better against man coverage when he knows who he has to beat, but struggles in zone coverage because he's not that great at cutting or selling his routes one way or another. I think by year 2, he could be a monster though, because those things are fixable, and you can get someone that is a matchup nightmare. But I think a top 10 pick has to be a Day 1 impact starter, otherwise it's too much risk to take.

I still think he's a late first, early second round guy, because the risks are too much. I think his best case scenario is Josh Gordon, but it's also his worst case scenario. I don't think we can afford to take that risk at 6, but if we move down to say 20, I think it can be acceptable, since we would be picking up other first round talent as well. If he's there in the second, I absolutely go for it.

At 6, Cooper/Parker/White are the only options for WR, IMO.

DGB is a project but he's a project worth undertaking. I hope he's there in rd 2 what a heist that would be.

There's a draft forum, but JN continues to put these clearly draft topics in the main forum... 

what's the deal here

I'm not sure, but for some reason everything of interest usually ends up in the main forum.  It used to bother me until I switched to just clicking on new posts.  I see everything that way and rarely even know what forum it is posted in.  Later on somebody will usually move it over to the proper forum so it is easier to find when we are trying to settle in argument in 3 years about who said that Andre Maddox was going to be better than Kerry Rhodes.

He is not getting past Bellicheck...

Can you imagine DGB and Gronk in the red zone together? Holy cow.

Don't worry we'll cut Harvin so he can go play slot in New England and catch 90+ passes from Brady next year while he's running circles around Pryor and Kyle Wilson.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora "would be shocked" if Percy Harvin agreed to take a pay cut to remain with the Jets.

Due a non-guaranteed $10.5 million, the Jets are expected to ask Harvin for a pay cut. If he declines, there's a chance the Jets could release Harvin. If he's cut, La Canfora expects the Patriots to have interest in Harvin. New England has always thought highly of the soon-to-be 27-year-old. We'd expect the Jets to do everything they can to retain Harvin, as they're in need of offensive weapons.

Archived