Kristian Dyer: Jets Will "go hard" after CJ Spiller

AFJF

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm  good with Spiller, but this draft is loaded with RB's.  Can't we get one that doesn't break that easy

Loaded with RB's with what type of back? The combine numbers were disappointing with this years group, very few explosive talents like Spiller, we already have a very good RB in Ivory with what this draft offers.

That said if Gurley made it to the 2nd rd I'd be very interested.

Loaded with RB's with what type of back? The combine numbers were disappointing with this years group, very few explosive talents like Spiller, we already have a very good RB in Ivory with what this draft offers.

Gordon in the 2nd is worth considering too but we do have bigger needs

I'm not armchair scout, but I completely disagree with this.

Listening to Mayock yesterday, whose point of view I value over a lot of others, there are a lot of RBs in this draft that are 3-down backs. He described a number of them as "quicker than they are fast" and said they play great in space, and in a crowd. Great in the passing game.

I would hope we aren't drafting someone solely because of their 40 time.

I'm not armchair scout, but I completely disagree with this.

Listening to Mayock yesterday, whose point of view I value over a lot of others, there are a lot of RBs in this draft that are 3-down backs. He described a number of them as "quicker than they are fast" and said they play great in space, and in a crowd. Great in the passing game.

I would hope we aren't drafting someone solely because of their 40 time.

According to the vast majority of draft gurus, this is one of the stronger drafts for RB in many years. It's a strong WR class too.  Not like last year, but last year was an anomaly... a rare opportunity for WR that out GM completely f'-ed up.   

According to the vast majority of draft gurus, this is one of the stronger drafts for RB in many years. It's a strong WR class too.  Not like last year, but last year was an anomaly... a rare opportunity for WR that out GM completely f'-ed up.   

Mayock is saying that this year's edge rushers are the best since 2011 too. I'm starting to think we can really pull max value out of this draft if we go:

1. edge rusher: Fowler or Ray?

2. WR: Green-Beckham or Jalen Strong?

3. RB: Duke Johnson, Mike Davis or Jay Ajayi?

This is what it could look like, and then you use FA to fix the secondary, OL and bring in an alternative at QB.

don't pay the running backs. find them later in the draft. draft them. work them. let them walk. rinse/repeat

This year's RB class is loaded with elite type talent. Fills the hole for 5 years. i am afraid signing Spiller would prevent us from drafting out of this deep pool. Go fill the D secondary holes with FA's. This is a good year to rebuild the offense.

Archived