bust = Dee Milliner

kmnj

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peterson was hurt in college wrecked his knee in the pros. Manning had multiple neck operations. Davis blew out his knee three times. Cromartie has had hip problems in parts of two season.

Some players get hurt some don't some have an injury history in college and then are healthy in their pro career. Unless a player has chronic injury such as a back , past injuries are not often predictors of future injuries. You don't right off talent which is young for no good reason just because you are mad the player got hurt.

After a player has some major injuries you prudently do not 100% rely on that guy but it's dumb to toss the guy for no real reason. If as an evaluator you are going to not draft guys due to injury history you better be doing the same for character issues because those are often more of a real predictor of unreliability.

Perfectly stated!

I chuckle at all of the injury prone players argument, football is a contact sport, injuries will happen, it has nothing to do with the players past unless there is a chronic condition involved.

Now I player that doesn't rehab properly, or isn't being given the proper time to recover from an injury is at risk of reinjury but that too is subjective, and every occurrence is very independent on the individual player, A player will recover, rehab, and return from an injury to play at an optimal level at varying rates.

A forgotten part of the Milliner pick was the Jets were planning to take Tavon Austin. Idziot's regime let the word out, the Rams traded up in front of the Jets, and Idziot appeared to lack a backup plan as they used every second on the clock before settling on Milliner.

A forgotten part of the Milliner pick was the Jets were planning to take Tavon Austin. Idziot's regime let the word out, the Rams traded up in front of the Jets, and Idziot appeared to lack a backup plan as they used every second on the clock before settling on Milliner.

Rex was the one who blabbed about Austin.

In all the ways that human beings are different from one another, durability is the only one in which we are all exactly the same.

False. I can assure you that my fist is more durable than your face. I'm more than happy to conduct the research... over and over and over again.

Er, yeah except that people are built differently you knit wit.

I am built out of adamantium and sunshine.

Rex was the one who blabbed about Austin.

"forgotten part"

Dee Milliner has missed half his games as a pro. HALF. 

His track record suggests the Jets should look at their glass as half empty with him and consider as many options as possible at CB. 

And he also isn't very good to boot. 

He's played Two friggin years for gods sakes.  The last 5 games of his 1st year after being thrown to the wolves by rex he was one of the best CBs' in the league.  Anyone that is dumb enough to toss a guy on the scrap heap after two years is being dumb.  You go about it just like our coach and gm are.  No one is being pencilled in as staters at this time, certainly not Milliner or McDougallr from last year but there is no reason to turf them.

Remember when we passed on Sapp because of weed?

Also Dan Marino. That evil weed. Our former GM picked DB's with injury histories as if these issues would just go away. I doubt Milliner comes back from achillies injury. He didn't look like much in either of his two seasons. Time to move on from him.

Also Dan Marino. That evil weed. Our former GM picked DB's with injury histories as if these issues would just go away. I doubt Milliner comes back from achillies injury. He didn't look like much in either of his two seasons. Time to move on from him.

Really?  So with a very affordable contract and flashes of being good you just want to cut him because you believe he will never recover??   another genius we got when JL closed.

He's played Two friggin years for gods sakes. The last 5 games of his 1st year after being thrown to the wolves by rex he was one of the best CBs' in the league. Anyone that is dumb enough to toss a guy on the scrap heap after two years is being dumb. You go about it just like our coach and gm are. No one is being pencilled in as staters at this time, certainly not Milliner or McDougallr from last year but there is no reason to turf them.

No. He has been in the league for 2 years. He has played one year.

Who cares?

I was commenting on how Idzik got blamed for losing out on Austin, when it was Rex that ran his mouth and told the league we want him.

Maybe Rex didn't want him and spilled the beans to get someone to jump ahead? Rex wanting a WR seems out of character

There is no truth to it, yet everytime someone says a Jets player is injury prone you have muttonheads who try and say no such thing exists. CP fans were big on it

I certainly agree that there are people in the world who are predisposed to injuries: people with collagen disorders like ehlers-danlos syndrome or osteogenesis imperfecta, this is definitely true.  However, when you say someone is injury-prone, you are saying that there's something inherently weaker about their physiological makeup that predisposes them to injury when you compare them to the average person: ie. weaker bone density, weaker ligament insertion, collage disorders etc.  Now, when you are talking about elite athletes without any documented history of genetic  or musculoskeletal disorders being injury prone, that is the assertion that I do not agree with. The biggest risk factor in Dee getting injured is shared with every other player and that's playing collegiate or professoinal football, not his biophysical makeup. 

If you would like to argue that him getting injured is because he rushed back from an ankle injury, which altered his gait, thus overworking his achilles and predisposing him to injury, then sure, that I'll buy.  But saying that because he had surgery to repair a stress fracture and sports hernia somehow is on par with him tearing his achilles is baseless. It's akin to saying ahhh that dude tore his ACL twice, he's due to fracture his forearm any day now.

*The pennington comparison doesn't hold up either, as it's the same shoulder he repeatedly hurt. Any time you have surgery on that shoulder, it's most likely weaker, thus more apt to get injured. A proper comparison would be, pennington tore his acl abd broke his ankle so of course he was likely to hurt his shoulder. Which is absurd.

And honestly if the Jets had kept Revis and drafted Richardson at #9, the fans would have rushed the stage.

ANOTHER DL IN THE TOP TEN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would have gone over well.

If we had drafted Tyler Eifert instead this thread would be about calling him the crappiest tight enc since Kyle Brady.

Milliner has sucked so far but there were no great alternatives at that spot. Ditto for Ghloston in 2008 I think flaccid was taken almost 20 picks later.

Archived